Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm pissed I didn't win tickets for this. :( You already know a bunch of asshats who don't even live near here registered for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat I forgot how terribly unfunny Jimmy Kimmel's show was.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pieholes posted:

Just bought the ticket to the Helsinki show, first time going to a gig all alone but I'm pretty sure it will be amazing.

Make friends with the people around you! You'll have a good rear end time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm loving stoked that we're getting pro footage from the tour this fast. I'm still bummed that I wasn't able to attend.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

drat, every time there's a crowd shot I can see the guy right next to me but I'm blocked by a light.

I feel your pain this has happened to me so many times in shows I know that were proshot.

I preordered the poo poo out of that bluray by the way. gently caress yeah.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

obeyasia posted:

I don't know what you pre-ordered, but it wasn't Tension 2013. Its not available to do so yet.

Sorry I meant I'm going to preoder the poo poo out of it when it goes up. I already have some money I deposited to my debit account specifically for this anyway.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

2014's all about them going international so far, but according to that Reddit AMA Trent did, they will return to the States next year.

gently caress I hope they play Monterrey then I would be able to go. DF is just too far for me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm going to say his gift was the 90 minutes of free tour footage for Tension 2013.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Gary Numan's going on tour and Big Black Delta is opening for him.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...ican-tour-dates

Big Black Delta cancelled his Texas dates for no reason. He didn't even give a reason for his Austin dates where I was gonna see them at. Just a no show and it really bummed me out.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Lame. The service named after TR's dog has been renamed after a lovely headphones brand. And it's underwhelming like everything else TR has been involved in lately.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/13/5306596/beats-music-the-streaming-music-service-from-dr-dre-trent-reznor-and

I guess that's kinda old news but it just popped up on my RSS feed.

You are delusional if you thought it was going to be names any different.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Well I do have a iPhone so I just downloaded the app this morning. It's really cool, and I really like their whole music for whatever moment you're in thing.

Also wtf a Simian mobile disco remix of copy of a?! Holy poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Simian mobile disco remix is a chill jam. I also liked the cold cave remix. Hot chip's was ok at best but yeah seriously just never listen to that autolux remix ever. Holy gently caress it's so bad.

quote:

Aw man, Beats is a pay service? I signed up for the 7 day free trial to test it out. Apparently I could get 3 months for free because I'm an AT&T member but then I'd automatically get charged $15/month for it after the 3 months is up, which is stupid. So I guess I'll only be using this thing for a week.

????? What did you expect it was going to be? All the music streaming apps cost money on mobile even spotify. Soundcloud is one of the only free ones but there really isn't a huge selection or back catalogue on there.

I'm so far enjoying the app, a little bit more than spotify as well. I might bite the bullet and subscribe after the trial ends.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 21, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pandora doesn't. Jango doesn't. DI.fm doesn't. iTunes Radio doesn't. Those are the only ones I've used in recent years. Well, I tried Spotify a few years ago and didn't like it so I never used it again.

At least a couple of those are major streaming apps and they don't cost to use. They have premium options that cost money, yes, but you don't have to pay a monthly fee to use the basic features.

And SoundCloud isn't an internet radio app. It doesn't have the same feature set as some of those other services, unless it does now and I somehow missed it.

The thing about the free versions of those apps is just the radio. Which I guess is alright but paying for it is worth it imo to have full albums on the go.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I stopped buying music (and pirating it) and just like having the thing I want to listen to whenever I want. Its very convenient. I understand that people don't want to pay monthly but I think its really appealing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Perfidus posted:

The thing about streaming services is that I don't know if they'd have a lot of the things I listen to. Stuff like movie scores and old game soundtracks and obscure-ish EDM.

Movie scores I know for sure are on there at least on spotify. And sometimes game soundtracks too (but not old ones). Obviously stuff like obscure EDM remixes are probably not going to be there at all I don't think.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I suppose it would be a lot more appealing to me if, say, I was on the road all the time for work and had an AUX input jack in my car/truck and I didn't have the time to buy music and put it on my iPod. Then it would come in super handy. But for the situation I'm in now, I'd rather just hang onto my iPod.

I guess where you and me differ is that I am on the road constantly and my car has bluetooth (plus aux input/usb port) so for me I'm always using it. I used to pay for spotify before it started cutting hard into my needs like food and stuff. I got some more disposable income now so I'm thinking of signing up for this since it has a lot of potential.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That performance of Copy of A was still awesome. Add Linsey Buckingham to the tour!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yeah that's not an apology at all. gently caress that guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I was about to come in and post this haha. It's pretty good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Doctor Claw posted:

Semi-related, I've been a huge of Montreal fan for the last decade and a NIN fan even longer, and I'm glad to see Trent mention enjoying of Montreal's most acclaimed album, "Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?" Both Trent and Kevin, of Montreal's one man singer/songwriter/producer, are both very influenced by Talking Heads and both follow the similar format of recording an album by themselves and touring with a full band a huge audio/visual production.

Yeah I never heard anything from them but started listening to the album thanks to that notification I received from the app. I've also been enjoying Trent's playlists as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

"But now we're excited about being able to get into more Fragile and Year Zero stuff,"

YES

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

axleblaze posted:

I know that a NIN song playing during the end credits of Cabin in the Woods was just the kicker that made that movie all the more awesome for me (kind of like Sinister prominently featuring my favorite Boards of Canada song).

Yeah it was Last and it was such a loving good ending credits song.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Platypus Farm posted:

I love the fact that the sexy actor is playing a loving tree man.

I think you're confusing your sexy actors. The sexy actor is on rocket raccoon. Unless suddenly people are all about Vin Diesel again then I don't know.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/484494964827488258

Lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

EightBit posted:

I figure that this is a better place to try than elsewhere: I've got decent tickets to the NIN/Soundgarden concert in two days, in Austin. Lots of friends have bailed or are unable to go; I'd rather go with a goon than try to sell it, especially since it's right next to mine. I only have one ticket available, obviously.

Anyone want to go?

When is the concert? I'm driving back up tomorrow.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

EightBit posted:

The concert is Thursday night. I live in San Antonio, so I won't be rolling up to Austin until then.

Oh cool are you selling the ticket or just giving it away? I can meet up wherever in Austin. The concert is at the F1 track right?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

EightBit posted:

The concert is Thursday night. I live in San Antonio, so I won't be rolling up to Austin until then.

I don't have pms but email me at wazzainc@gmail.com

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

EightBit posted:

poo poo sorry, got ahold of my cousin finally. Not sure if I was going to give it away, but some people are slow to respond :v:

Don't worry about it dude!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

EightBit posted:

There might be hope, my cousin just told me that he won't actually be 100% until 9am. :suicide: I'll post again.

The seats are for section 106, not general admission, I'm too old to be getting kicked around in the mosh pit all night, though I might try to go down there for a bit.

I actually misunderstood you and thought you were giving a ticket away since I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment (leave Austin on Friday). Still if you want let me know if not don't worry about it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
People didn't seem into Soundgarden. Everyone was just chilling and sitting down, but when nin came on everyone was on their feet. It was so strange watching Soundgarden.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I wanted to go see what other people were thinking of the tour so I went to ETS and holy poo poo that was a bad idea. Everyone is complaining about this current tour as well as the Tension tour and the setlist not having a million rare songs. I had forgotten how poo poo ets was and should have known better.

NIN was pretty much on fire at Austin (thanks eightbit!) and threw down a really good set. I haven't seen them since 08 but it was still great to hear all the live staples again. Also hesitation marks is my poo poo so I loved those songs a bunch (ilan Rubin on bass during disappointed was really good). Just a really fun show all in all.

Soundgarden though I mean I guess they were ok but they really felt like an opener instead of a headlining act. I mean I guess!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I don't know, if I heard that wall of sound dissonant guitars thing in a top 40 pop rocker song, I'd be pretty surprised. That and the ending are trademark NIN.

The first part of the album dragged the whole album down for me. Eater Of Dreams is whatever. Copy Of A is a great live song. Came Back Haunted is embarrassing. I felt embarrassed for him every time I saw it as the lead song on every live TV appearance he made. Find My Way, boring. All Time Low, Manson demo track. Disappointed, boring.

You and me have complete opposite opinions on this album. I think the first half is pretty good way to kick off the album. The weakest song for me is probably like In Two but only because it's a bit different from the rest of the songs (still great I think). I love copy of a, find my way and all time low.

E: also I never really listened to Manson at all save for like some songs off antichrist superstar, so I can't see the Manson comparison at all on all time low. It just a good funk jam dude.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

What if you could always have the perfect music for each moment effortlessly?

Well, either drives would be shorter, kisses deeper, inspiration would flow, memories would flood, you'd fall in love every night and life would be infused with magic, or:
:haw:

Well gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I saw Gone Girl last night and goddamn the soundtrack definitely elevates that movie quite a bit. Thought it was much better than TGWTDT soundtrack as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

roboshit posted:

How would you rank the soundtrack vs. movie as compared to The Social Network? That was an amazing movie made even more amazing by the score, while TGWTDT was a pretty great movie only complimented by the soundtrack. It was great and all but I didn't think Trent and Atticus' work had as big an impact as it did in The Social Network. So far I think the Gone Girl soundtrack is better than Dragon Tattoo but not as good as The Social Network's.

I fall on this line of thinking as well. The social network soundtrack is pretty much a masterpiece in my opinion and just a great album to listen to. Gone girl I like a bunch more than dragon tattoo soundtrack though. But also partly why I like the social network's score is because of the piano and beats it has.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just give it to Kraftwerk.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its hilarious that Trent says that he doesn't want to talk poo poo, but it feels like he really wanted to. :lol:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
How to destroy Angels is just way too chill for me. Except for fur lined from the self titled EP. Still the best song and I'm sad they didn't go that route!!!!!

E: actually I just remembered How Long? I love that song. So good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Singing Chav posted:

I kind of feel like the soundtrack work has taken over for the Ghosts series. But he's been kind of quiet for a while now...

TR has been working with Dre and others at Apple building the new music player/beats service for iphones/ipads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hesitation Marks is probably my second favorite NIN album.