Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm not one of those guys that wants "his car" in the game, but I'm a little bit sad that it looks like Saabs will never make it in. Growing up, my dad's 9000s and his later 9-5 were the "best-feeling" cars I've ever driven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Drunk Badger posted:

Does anyone race with a G27 wheel? I'm tempted to work some overtime and get one as a present for myself for this game
Lots of us do. (I have a G25 personally.)

It's obviously not close to the real thing, but the feedback you get from it is really great and helpful. Also I love pretending I can drive standard.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

harperdc posted:

I kinda love that they're still plugging away at making GT6 even better. It makes up for GT5.
GT5 was kind of embarrassing.

But it did serve as the whipping boy to get us used to 'standard' cars.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I don't deny that GT5: Prologue looked crisp, but it looked weird and "wrong" to me. Felt surreal and strange, with no sense of speed.

That said, 5 & 6 looked spectacularly lovely at times, with terrible aliasing and shadows.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I appreciate that by now not a single person is surprised

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Molyneux made amazing games at Bullfrog. Kaz apparently has unlimited budget and can dick around as long as he wants to make a ... racing sim. Quality is debatable these days.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Just went from apathy to hyped haha. I'm a bit apprehensive though and wondering what the chances are of them meeting the deadline.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Isn't future Forza supposed to be coming to PC as well (as Win10 apps)

edit: Forza 6 will be a free "Apex" version with I guess paid DLC. Later titles I believe are supposed to be 1:1 with xbone.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

On one hand maybe the larger corporation is irate about delivery dates, but the game still sells shitloads despite that.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

*SNORT*

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/30/gran-turismo-sport-update/

Kaz posted:

Hello GT Community — I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017. GT Sport is Polyphony’s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

From the start this title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings by using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode. In combining these features with a new Sport mode, we are offering a competitive gaming experience to truly reinvent what it means to be a racing game. We’ve been excited and humbled by the response each time that we’ve shared new gameplay with everyone.

However, as we approach our planned release date in November, we realize we need more time to perfect GT Sport, which we’ve already dedicated so much effort towards since announcing the title. We do not want to compromise the experience in any way. While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date.

GT Sport will continue to be shown at several gaming events around the world. I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience first-hand the yet-to-be revealed cutting edge experiences that will be achieved by GT Sport.

Thank you for all your continued support.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I don't regret it, but I was enjoying GT6 so much that part of what influenced me to go for PS4 was the eventual GT7.

I guess I got my fill of cars with Rocket League at least.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Prologue was probably better than GT5 all told :mad:

I can't loving believe I used to leave my PS3 on and run b-spec races remotely from work.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Time to upgrade to HDR TVs!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Moving at the end of the month and I'll finally have a place to keep the steering wheel out ... I have GT6 to look forward to still ha.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I want in on this so bad. I even have a basement/den now where I can leave my G25 out.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

October 17 for GT: Sport - https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/gran-turismo-sport-launches-october-17-on-ps4/

With some laughable legendary editions for more digital currency/goods.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

1292 pages

:what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

:bravo:

• Locked thread