Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Drunk Tomato posted:

I just bought a vita solely for The Show. Now, while I wait for 15 to come out, should I pick up one of the older ones? Obviously 14 would be best, but it's like $23 bucks everywhere I look. I'll wait till it drops a bit. I see 12 for $6 and 13 for $11.... Which should I go for?

Get 14, you can transfer your guys into 15 when it comes out next spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

I just bought a vita solely for The Show. Now, while I wait for 15 to come out, should I pick up one of the older ones? Obviously 14 would be best, but it's like $23 bucks everywhere I look. I'll wait till it drops a bit. I see 12 for $6 and 13 for $11.... Which should I go for?

I got 13 for about that price and it's been fine. I think RTTS has changed since then but I think most baseball fans would be familiar with the players in terms of who should be good or bad.

Franchise mode on 13 is kind of maddening. Fantasy drafts are fun and playing through a season is fun but, holy poo poo, the off-season contract negotiations are crazy.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Get 14, you can transfer your guys into 15 when it comes out next spring.

pretty much this. 14 is the best entry point because from now on you can carry over seasons or rtts players from year to year.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Dubious posted:

pretty much this. 14 is the best entry point because from now on you can carry over seasons or rtts players from year to year.

I ended up buying 12 because it was $4 on amazon. I'm fine waiting a week or two for a lower price before getting 14 , and just getting used to the Vita / how The Show works. Thanks everyone!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Pre-order 15 at Target for $40.00

http://www.target.com/p/mlb-15-the-show-for-playstation-4/-/A-16873909

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The strangest thing just happened in my RTTS game. There were guys on first and second and I hit what should have been a double into the gap in right center, but for some reason both runners decided to not start moving until the center fielder got to the ball and picked it up. He ended up throwing out the guy at second and I had to stay at first. It got scored as a fielder's choice and it would have ruined my hit streak if I hadn't hit a single in the 9th.

It was just a bizarre thing to see. It wasn't like the runners were watching and waiting to see if the ball would be caught (which still would have been weird since it was a line drive that no one had a chance to get to), I got to first base and both runners were still standing there in their leadoff positions. I assume it was just some kind of glitch but it was definitely the oddest thing I've seen in this game.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I'm itching for baseball and trying to talk myself out of picking up last year's edition, since we can't be but like 2 months from this year's. Any recent updates on it anywhere?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I think they were doing some twitch stream this week? Other then that info has been real light.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The stream was yesterday I think. It releases on March 31. They also gave some info on an Anniversary Edition which is $70 and comes with "$130 of extra content". That extra content includes 30+ dynamic themes which I am sure they are counting as $3 to get that $130. I'm phone posting or I would link the PS Blog post on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699369

:effort:

• Locked thread