Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It makes me a little sad to see the club with so much money but I'm definitely enjoying this so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm now hoping you lose every game for having MK Dons as your parent club :colbert:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Man, gently caress Chris Burns. Fire his dumb rear end.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
loving hell, that's one hell of a youngster.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
England's draw sucks but I'm glad as gently caress we're not the USA.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
A for me. A fresh start with an unedited team

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah go with Wrexham or, in fact, anyone but the loving Turkeys. We only laugh at the Torquay, laugh at the Tooooorquay...

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm really not sure how you can look past Norwich here.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Robert_Deadford posted:

Man U have previous when it comes to hosting non-league teams. I was at this particular game:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4139315.stm

and it was magical. Shame about the replay...

You and me both mate :swoon: Easily one of the best days supporting this lovely loving club.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that I got banned for a day because I said I was hungover the morning after Christmas. That's some serious bullshit.

Na, it was because you said you were drunk while posting last night. If you click "PROBATION" on your rap sheet it'll take you to the relevant post.

Drunkposting is historically against the rules cause people made some really, really crap drunkposts so now it's zero tolerance

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

overthefalls posted:

I blame you for getting me to open FM 2013 again. I'm utterly useless.

I won my first game with Maidenhead, though? :unsmith: (I'm projected to relegate.)

This thread made me buy 2014 after being clean since '10. I wish I had the boards habeasdorkus has been getting, but as an LLM save game editors are Satan :colbert:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Where did you learn so much about tactics? I'm terrible at that aspect of the game :smith:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Of course you lost 5-1 to a quality team like Exeter :smug:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Zeroisanumber posted:

On a non-town name note, your guys are finally starting to play like an actual League 2 team. Did our guys finally just gel properly? Or was it the tactics switch that did it?

Also, if reelected, I promise that the Goon Squad will be hard at drink every night until we come up with a cheer for Wrexham that's even 1/10th as amazing as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mJgQkZX9U

Goddamn that is a lovely chant.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I would be perfectly happy to never hear Seven Nation Army or Chelsea Dagger at a football ground ever again, but gently caress's sake yank teams, at least set the former to loving words. What's all this "wo wo wo" poo poo?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

habeasdorkus posted:

I was a fan of the "We are going to Brazil" chant from the World Cup qualifiers. We just need to start adding more lyrics to our fan chants and we'll be fine.

(Also, I have to admit I'm a sucker for the U-S-A! chant, at least in sporting contexts. Outside of sports or similarly unimportant areas I think it's pretty gross.)

Well, the rest of the world is mentally associating you with the people who do it outside of sports. Enjoy that.

Also yeah, the sparrow/crow chant is great.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
1) £950/wk is fine
2) 2 years
3) B
4) A

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Go on then, board member me up.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Not voting, but have you seen that buyout for the transfer clause on Dewi Morris? £906k seems like an absolutely ridiculous buyout.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Don't accuse me of being a Tackleford plant, I just does whats they tells me :tinfoil:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

rizzen posted:

I'd have taken 5.5 for Todd.

Same. Still, A

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Could you post the League 2 table too please?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

steinrokkan posted:

The only consolidation we'll ever need will be after Wrexham gets flooded with all the mad PL money, hookers and blow.

Yeah, the Premier League is worth stupid money. Bouncing between the PL and Championship for a bit is a perfectly valid strategy

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
BABA

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Gotta vote A

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

tanglewood1420 posted:

Hey Hab - FYI, it's the Champions League, no apostrophe. Its a league made up of Champions, not a league belonging to one Champion. Sorry to get a bit pernickety, but it kinda irritates me seeing you spell it wrong all the time!

Great LP though, really enjoy reading it.

Admit it, you voted 1 :colbert:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Why are Valencia above us in the CL table?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Sky Shadowing posted:

UEFA has different tiebreakers. First is points between teams (1-1 draw, so even at 1), second is goal difference between teams (again, 1-1 draw, so even at 0), third is goals scored between teams (still 1-1) and fourth is goals scored away between teams, which they take because they drew us at Wrexham, thus 1 away goal to our none, since we've not played there yet.

Cheers, that makes sense and is actually a more sensible system than "who can tonk the poo poo team the hardest?"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Or, more likely, he just had a shocker.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
About loving time :dance:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Stunned that this got turned around but congratulations!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I am pretty sure we have elected the right president :allears:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Spoonsy posted:

The God King of Wrexham returns!

Hail!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

habeasdorkus posted:

The longest unbeaten streak in English football is held by AFC Wimbledon, who were in kind of a weird situation. Wimbledon FC had a long and storied history in English football, beginning all the way back in 1889. They won the FA Cup nearly 100 years later, and were a founding member of the Premier League, finishing in the top half as often as not in the 1990s. Then the owners decided to move the club. That's something that just doesn't happen in European sports, the idea of moving a team is anathema. It happened anyways, though, and so the Womblies became the Milton Keynes Dons.

The fans did not take well to that, they formed their own club, AFC Wimbledon, which they consider the real heirs to Wimbledon's history, in 2002. With a good chunk of support from what had been right up until that point a Premier League club they were able to form a club and blow away the lower leagues, going undefeated for 78 matches between February 2003 and December 2004. They're now in League Two, and absolutely loathe the MK Dons, who fell apart around the time they were permitted to move and now reside in the lower leagues as well.

Let it be known that absolutely no-one likes the MK Dons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, I think this is a good place to leave it. Everything has been achieved.

• Locked thread