Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
About NFS. I'm enjoying it so far. Graphics are nice, but initially there were some graphical hiccups, but that has slowed down, but I still see it here and there. Lots of leaves. They blow everywhere. I think it's safe to say if you enjoy Hot Pursuit or Most Wanted this is a safe buy. I haven't played enough NFS games to give a definitive response though.

Edit: I should add that the levels don't feel as claustrophobic as Most Wanted. Far wider like Hot Pursuit. I don't find myself staring at the map all the time like I did in previous games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

That's a common problem, you didn't lose plus. Just log out and log back in.

Cool thanks.

NESguerilla posted:

Also how do I manage/view game update progress?

Can anyone help me out with this one? BF4 has been updating forever and I just want to see a progress bar or something to figure out where I am at.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013
So I got my PS4. My day couldn't have been any better. I get home, connect my console, biggest smile on my face. Console boots up. Everything is running perfectly. I check my pockets to put my money away and they're empty. I lost $300 I had brought just in case I wanted anything else. Amazing how quickly my day was ruined. I seriously must have the shittiest luck. I'd rather have my console bricked than this. I went back to the Gamestop I was at, watched the video back of me handing off the money and the hour after to see if anyone bent down to pick anything up. Nothing. My money has completely vanished and it sucks.

On that note, I'm drat happy I have this PS4 and 3 games here to distract me because I am the most down. :( I hope everyone is having an amazing launch day.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Ups just delivered my system and man, the hype was not wrong about the DS4. Feels so natural, will have to pick up another one for pc purposes once more support for it gets released/

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Anyone here own one of the various 27" Korean monitors and hooked up(or planning to hook it up)? I know mine doesn't have a scaler so I know it's highly unlikely but still curious if it'd work

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Nice lookin OP, OP. Still waiting for UPS to come by.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What the hell Amazon still hasn't even shipped mine yet, it was at shipping for hours last night before it went back to not yet shipped. Now its back on shipping again.

Whats the point of release date shipping if they aren't going to actually send it out until after its released?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Will the second-generation official Sony bluetooth headset that I use on my PS3 work on a PS4?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

a shameful boehner posted:

Will the second-generation official Sony bluetooth headset that I use on my PS3 work on a PS4?

So far sony has said no it won't due to different Bluetooth revisions. They may work at a later date when they update the firmware.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I've seen this a few times but apparently some people are having a similar issue to the HDMI stuff with their monobud. If your monobud isn't working properly, try plugging the audio jack in a bit harder than you would think -- people who have fixed it mentioned hearing a popping sound and then suddenly it started working.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

Looking forward to seeing how well the Vita remote play actually works now that the system is in the wild.

Early reports are incredibly positive. Text is nigh unreadable but that was kindof a given, gameplay works with very few latency hitches so long as your router doesn't suck and isn't on the other side of 4 layers of lead and coated in kryptonite.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I feel bad for anybody just waiting on a shipment, this poo poo is amazing. I played BF4 with a friend on the couch beside me and we're looking at each other every five minutes while poo poo is exploding everywhere. Particles and explosions look fantastic.

I added maybe two dozen goons from the spreadsheet, will add more later. I'm mainly adding people that own BF4 for now, but once I pick up some other games I'll add everybody

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Serf Surviving posted:

So I got my PS4. My day couldn't have been any better. I get home, connect my console, biggest smile on my face. Console boots up. Everything is running perfectly. I check my pockets to put my money away and they're empty. I lost $300 I had brought just in case I wanted anything else. Amazing how quickly my day was ruined. I seriously must have the shittiest luck. I'd rather have my console bricked than this. I went back to the Gamestop I was at, watched the video back of me handing off the money and the hour after to see if anyone bent down to pick anything up. Nothing. My money has completely vanished and it sucks.

On that note, I'm drat happy I have this PS4 and 3 games here to distract me because I am the most down. :( I hope everyone is having an amazing launch day.

Sorry to hear that but how does money just disappear from your wallet? Did you spend it on moon pies and penny candy and forget?

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
So... anyone who knows where you can get one where it's NOT sold out? :P

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Interstellar Owl posted:

Check Sam's Club

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
The UPS man usually gets here around 3. This is gonna be a long 4 hours. :smith:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Has anyone tried watching a Blu-Ray movie or Netflix with regular headphones using the DS4's headphone jack? You can redirect all audio to it, right?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Interstellar Owl posted:

I just went to a local Wal-Mart, they didn't do preorders at all and so there was a line of about 50 nerds at 7 this morning but they apparently have hundreds of PS4s.

Serf Surviving
Aug 19, 2013

Overbite posted:

Sorry to hear that but how does money just disappear from your wallet? Did you spend it on moon pies and penny candy and forget?

I have no idea. I must've dropped it coming out of the store or getting into my car or something? I've seriously retraced my steps entirely and found nothing. I'm the most careful about this stuff too. It's really unfortunate. Especially since I'll always remember launch day as me losing $300.

I have to say, this dashboard music is really soothing my mind though. It's so nice and calming and is super fitting for how lovely I feel right now.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Just because I'm a total worrier about this sort of stuff, I may as well ask and look like an idiot. Should I start up my PS4 once and do any kind of setup before turning it off and installing the firmware update over USB, or is it totally fine to safe boot into USB updating the first time I ever power it up? Or is it option C: "Do whatever you want, it's not that easy to break this thing"?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Think my PS4 is hosed, I can't get any video to output at all.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
STILL haven't gotten anyone to speak to me from Sony about my defective console.

I got a little desperate earlier and used another phone to call all the local stores to see if they had stock. None did. Guess it's just a wasted day off for me. Greatness waits :(

Goldmund posted:

Welcome, brother.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Goldmund posted:

You know about the HDMI bent pin issue, right? I actually thought mine was doing the same thing as it took a good 30 seconds for the HDMI option to show up on my Input menu.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Goldmund posted:

Does your HDMI port look like this?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Goldmund posted:

Did you try turning it off and on again.

VarXX posted:

Is that how its supposed to look. I am guessing the bent pins they are talking about are the two retention pins on the bottom of the connector?

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

VarXX posted:

Sure does

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I haven't been able to find this anywhere. Can you use any Bluetooth headset? Bluetooth is Bluetooth is Bluetooth right?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

VarXX posted:

Yup, and have power cycled my tv, receiver and ps4 several times now.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

VarXX posted:

That's how it's supposed to look, right?

Elephant Ambush posted:

I haven't been able to find this anywhere. Can you use any Bluetooth headset? Bluetooth is Bluetooth is Bluetooth right?

Nope, there's new bluetooth protocols or some poo poo.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Elephant Ambush posted:

You cant use any bluetooth headset ever/yet?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Robawesome posted:

That's how it's supposed to look, right?

Yes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

havenwaters posted:

So far sony has said no it won't due to different Bluetooth revisions. They may work at a later date when they update the firmware.

That is some weak fuckin' poo poo. :mad:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

zenintrude posted:

Check Sam's Club

My Sams didn't get 1 unit if you live in a big city probably the best bet to check Sams/Costco

No one in Athens, GA has them

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Interstellar Owl posted:

The website says my local best buy still has stock. A friend if mine picked up one from target about half an hour ago.

I think anybody who wants one can walk into a store today and buy one, there seems to be massive amounts of stock.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This sucks. Battlefield has just said it's updating for an hour and I don't think it's actually updating poo poo. No progress bars to verify what's going on. System won't recognize my PS+ membership no matter how many times I log in/out...gently caress.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Have you guys checked your local craigslist-type place for PS4's? There are dozens available locally for $600-$700, even though you can walk into three different retail locations that still have stock. I think it's hilarious people are gouging so heavily.

NESguerilla posted:

This sucks. Battlefield has just said it's updating for an hour and I don't think it's actually updating poo poo. No progress bars to verify what's going on. System won't recognize my PS+ membership no matter how many times I log in/out...gently caress.

I played for like an hour or so before it said the updating was finished. No problems with my PS+ membership though.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

zenintrude posted:

Check Sam's Club

That's where I picked up mine this morning. They had about 50 of them. Most Sams are probably sold out by now though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

a shameful boehner posted:

That is some weak fuckin' poo poo. :mad:

poo poo I missed that post too. That sucks. I don't want to have to buy big bulky headphones.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Oh you know, just hanging out at work, nothing going on, just got this Amazon box that I'm staring at for another ooohhh I dunno five hours? I just stare. And stare. And... stare... :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
It's so weird they're patching AC4 to be 1080p, but also kinda cool in so far as they acknowledge people really care about this sort of thing. Bring on the resobumps.

• Locked thread