Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have infinite dreads and despairs and still no hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

Yeah, I just maxed out Opportunity and have started pumping combat, but I'm like at 2/3 max. Haven't picked up the extra Drifter health either, and all that stuff would probably have made a difference. I had the melee toxin almost instantly as I always pick all the extra Drifter damage I can, so there was that at least, and between that and my team mates, it worked out. I just thought the mobs were a lot tankier for some reason...

The Orowyrm rings were super tanky though. I got gifted what I assume is the 5 forma corrosive Imperator Vandal I carry in my heavy weapon slot, and yet the health bars were reaaaaally slow going down.

Also, during that Orowyrm SP fight, after the first bar was down, there was like, ice all around, but applying constant heat condition/damage to me. Is there anything you can do there apart from nuking all the wyrmlings before you die? That phase cost me a couple revives.

The imperator seems to be just a stock one with maybe some basic mods. It seems generally enough to get all three rings in one charge, but thinking about it I might have been garuda at the time which skews things. For the fist wyrmling phase it should spawn your horse in the center, then you get on it and fly around the outer ring of the arena, ebtween the columns and the walls, and you shoot the wyrmlings there.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

i have infinite dreads and despairs and still no hate

I have dread, hate and despair, but still no War, because there's no way I'm using my quest Broken War as an ingredient and Stalker doesn't want to drop a blueprint for me to craft another.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

The imperator seems to be just a stock one with maybe some basic mods.

That's reassuring in a way. I was pretty disappointed with my baby's performance, but if it was actually a stock not-even-vandal model then...

chumbler posted:

For the fist wyrmling phase it should spawn your horse in the center, then you get on it and fly around the outer ring of the arena, ebtween the columns and the walls, and you shoot the wyrmlings there.

Ah, cheers! I knew I had to have missed a trick, good to know what it was.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, I was looking at the Cinta to see what I can do with it. For the un-charged and perfect charged shots with just point strike, it only hits 50% crit chance. Damage seems alright but then I noticed that the perfect charged shot has infinite (body) punch through... Gonna have to try that with Mag bubbles!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Someone pointed out that the imperator has some mod that deals more damage zoomed

Zero VGS posted:

What in carnation?!

I'm glad people like Despair but it sucks it's completely rare RNG based and no way to plat myself into one.
Its the same weapons with new names, idk. despair grindmore

temple fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 31, 2023

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

temple posted:

Someone pointed out that the imperator has some mod that deals more damage zoomed

Well, blind luck means that I was always zooming in because I thought it was my Vandal and I have that mod slotted too (it's a huge crit chance buff iirc).

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Welp, Cinta perfect shot doesn't work with mag's bubbles. it hits once, knocks everything down, and goes away before they get back up

temple
Jul 29, 2006

FishMcCool posted:

Well, blind luck means that I was always zooming in because I thought it was my Vandal and I have that mod slotted too (it's a huge crit chance buff iirc).

yeah its critical focus

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

chumbler posted:

For the fist wyrmling phase it should spawn your horse in the center, then you get on it and fly around the outer ring of the arena, ebtween the columns and the walls, and you shoot the wyrmlings there.

and it loving sucks, i hate that part

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
MR 23 and I still haven't had a Frostbite drop ever, so I am complaining about it on the internet in hope that it does the trick.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Came back with Duviri and a new Nightwave season and having finished the story campaign it seems like as a vet with most every frame and gun the real meaty rewards from the circuit will come from Steel Path, and the normal path is more for newer people who still want frame parts and other stuff. Is that about right?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tylana posted:

It'll probably stay as my workhorse, but yeah that was a Fun question not a Effective question. Like, I don't know if the cluster grenades or the flamethrower or whatever feel good to use, but if they do I've got more than enough resources and it gives me something different to farm.

I like amps and made a bunch. I really don't remember details. They were buffed in 2020 so most work a lot better than originally. The grenade ones are good but hard to aim (like really hard to hit stuff). The flamethrower is really good tho.

temple fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 1, 2023

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Pierson posted:

Came back with Duviri and a new Nightwave season and having finished the story campaign it seems like as a vet with most every frame and gun the real meaty rewards from the circuit will come from Steel Path, and the normal path is more for newer people who still want frame parts and other stuff. Is that about right?

That's it, yeah.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

MR 23 and I still haven't had a Frostbite drop ever, so I am complaining about it on the internet in hope that it does the trick.

Supposedly Frostbite is a 10% drop on Kuva Fortress spy, which is a bit better than the other spys. Also someone in the goon clan would probably just give you one.

Kuva Fortress spy also has some other really good mods like the ones that make you faster or invisible after hacking and one that lets you revive your own perma dead cat or sentinel.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 1, 2023

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Ask in clanchat if I'm around and I'll toss you one if I have a spare, and I should, I farmed Ambulas keys and Ivara parts in Oceanum back before it was changed to the bad tileset.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

chumbler posted:

I've cooled on wanting to do the grind and will probably only go to tier 5 each week since that's reasonable even if you only go 2 or 3 rounds at a time. I've also gotten most of the interesting ones, and while dread is my second pick for this week, I already have 2 other nataruks at home.

Yeah, same, I'm probably going to go to 5 and then maybe pick up 6/7 if they're good because they're usually rivens and like resource boosters. I feel like that's a pretty reasonable time investment, especially with how much focus I'm getting.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

temple posted:

Timed missions where you wait for 5-10 minutes for a reward are terrible. There's better ways to make a defense mission if they want to do that sort of thing.
It a personal game design sin to ever force a player to wait for something when the player should, if the gameplay context allows it, be afforded an opportunity to speed up their waiting time via displaying skill at the game. For survival, I'd say the timer should subtract some amount of time for every bit of oxygen that goes over the 100% mark. For defense, overflowed enemy spawns should come in with each death so a consistent map wipe could limit a wave to 20 seconds. I know DE doesn't want people doing everything instantly but some of this stuff could at least feel better without sacrificing the overall time-to-win metrics they want to keep.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I always feel bad for saying I prefer fast modes like exterminate and capture because it puts me in the same camp as instant-gratification power gamers who just want to get rewards as quickly as possible.

...except in this game, those modes are the ones that best utilize the game's systems. I'm playing Warframe because I like playing Warframe, not because I like a loot treadmill. This is why I wish they'd expand the Circuit cos the mode basically just rewards you for playing Warframe until it gets too difficult, with the selection and decree system tying really nicely into letting you viably use frames and weapons that don't have much of a place in regular gameplay.

I'm actually a little sad to imagine Duviri eventually just becoming another forgotten mode because I really enjoy how it encourages gameplay outside of picking the best frame you have.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

SIGSEGV posted:

Ask in clanchat if I'm around and I'll toss you one if I have a spare, and I should, I farmed Ambulas keys and Ivara parts in Oceanum back before it was changed to the bad tileset.
Thank you, a kind Tenno already helped me out. :)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I forgot to mention, friendly reminder that in addition to the phone app which lets you manage Foundry and Extractors when you aren't playing, there's also the Free tier of "GeForce Now" which streams the game via cloud so you can get the daily logins (or play the game for 60 minute stretches of time before it boots you) on phones/tablets/pcs without having to download/install the game. It's also a fast way to access the Steam/Epic version of the game if you are playing the Standalone version and wanted to buy Tennogen or claim the Epic freebees.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

It's also a fast way to access the Steam/Epic version of the game if you are playing the Standalone version and wanted to buy Tennogen or claim the Epic freebees.

This is excellent to know, I rewlly don't care to reinstall epic.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Does the phone app still share the same exclusive login with the main game, meaning that they log each other out (silently) until their next sync attempt which will then fail (potentially losing rewards from a current mission)?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'm pretty sure the app warns you if you're about to log yourself out now.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

New frame looks cool as hell. I never thought prison shanking would be a warframe theme but here we go

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Question on leveling various bits of gear. Obviously the warframe gets experience no matter what you do.

What about the weapon slots though? I know they do get some experience when not used, because my pistol has levels.. but the rifle and sword level way faster, which seems to indicate to me that there is a bonus to experience for the weapon being used for kills/damage? True or no?

Another question about leveling stuff... When I eventually get a new warframe or sword or rifle... Since there is no 'level' in the game for power, doesn't that mean that when I pop into a new warframe, or pick up a shiny new sword, that I'll need to drop back to easier missions in order to bring my power back up to par? How do people normally manage that, or am I misunderstanding how it is gonna work?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

The Locator posted:

Question on leveling various bits of gear. Obviously the warframe gets experience no matter what you do.

What about the weapon slots though? I know they do get some experience when not used, because my pistol has levels.. but the rifle and sword level way faster, which seems to indicate to me that there is a bonus to experience for the weapon being used for kills/damage? True or no?

Another question about leveling stuff... When I eventually get a new warframe or sword or rifle... Since there is no 'level' in the game for power, doesn't that mean that when I pop into a new warframe, or pick up a shiny new sword, that I'll need to drop back to easier missions in order to bring my power back up to par? How do people normally manage that, or am I misunderstanding how it is gonna work?

From the wiki:

quote:

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the split according to the general rule: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (18.75% each for four weapons while Arch-gun is summoned through Archgun Deployer, 25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).
  • Kill with Warframe abilities: All Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill with weapons: Half Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
  • Shared Affinity from allied Tenno kills: When within 50 meters of an ally (200 meters while using a Fosfor, 250 meters in Landscape missions) when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, distributed according to the general rule specified above. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies.
    • No weapons equipped: All Affinity goes to the Warframe.
      • This applies when the only equipped weapons are overridden by ability-created ones (E.g. Using ExaltedBlade130xWhite Exalted Blade while only having a melee weapon equipped).

You can typically make up for a low level frame with a fully kitted weapon and vice versa, so you don't need to drop to a low level mission to level them up. Often when leveling weapons people go into high level missions and leech affinity from squadmates' kills. With certain missions it can basically fully rank 30 a frame or weapon in a single session.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

skaianDestiny posted:

From the wiki:

You can typically make up for a low level frame with a fully kitted weapon and vice versa, so you don't need to drop to a low level mission to level them up. Often when leveling weapons people go into high level missions and leech affinity from squadmates' kills. With certain missions it can basically fully rank 30 a frame or weapon in a single session.

Thanks.

So as a solo player I have to manage weapons affinity and make sure to use fully kitted warframe when leveling a new sword, or vs. versa.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

in the beginning that's not a bad idea, but as you increase your Mastery (by raising all of your equipment's affinity), one of the most helpful things that does is raise the mod capacity floor of all your items. So let's say you've got 30 mod capacity by default, and your mastery level is say, 10, all of your unranked weapons and frames will start with 10 open slots. You don't get more total slots from mastery, but you can make them stronger, sooner. This lets you get away with having lower ranked weapons because you can still put your %damage and your elemental mods and whatever in them even when they're brand new.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

Thanks.

So as a solo player I have to manage weapons affinity and make sure to use fully kitted warframe when leveling a new sword, or vs. versa.

There are many solid reasons to play solo (from personal taste, to doing awkward spy missions, defection missions, etcetc, but in most cases using the public matchmaking is better.

More players means more enemies spawn, which means more drops and more XP. Only very rarely does it make anything harder in any noticable fashion. It is difficult to make anyone else's game harder for that matter.

You are going to be 'wasting' hilarious amounts of XP as time goes by either way, so try not to let it brainworm you.

tl;dr Solo if you want, but pubbing gets you more stuff.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The Locator posted:

Thanks.

more like you find one of the many ways of mainlining affinity in specific game modes and do all your leveling there and only take fully leveled guns into real missions

one of the consequences of the idiotic affinity split is that leeching affinity from someone else is vastly more effective than self-leveling for weapons, since shared affinity can go 75% to your weapon without the weapon itself needing to get the kill (and it's an unleveled weapon, so obviously it isn't going to deal enough damage to keep up); accordingly, most weapon leveling is done in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, where enemies spawn very rapidly at a decent-enough level and you have a fair chance of even a random player bringing a Saryn or Protea or some other frame who can clear the entire map with one button

for leveling Warframes the incentives are slightly less stupid; 100% of ability kill affinity goes to the frame, so offensive caster frames have a leg up, but even "50% of your weapon kills with a real, properly leveled weapon" is much faster than the reverse configuration

in the long term there's also a technique where you transfer a specific CC ability onto other frames (Banshee's Silence, using the Helminth system, with the Savage Silence augment) and use it to rack up a huge """stealth""" affinity bonus while using the largest explosive / AoE cannon you can possibly get your hands on, which enemies don't notice because it's silenced and/or they're staggered by entering the ability's radius. it can be done completely solo and is both faster and more consistent than ESO, the only downside is it takes a lot of setup and access to mechanics and gear a brand-new account won't have access to

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

There are 2 main missions that people run just to level stuff. Helene on Saturn and Hydron on Sedna. People like to run those because they're defense missions on tiny maps, so you and your team will be killing stuff and will always be in affinity range of each other. They're also braindead easy, to the point where you can just bring brand new items.

Another popular option is getting your account to MR 3, going to a relay and talking to Cephalon Simaris to unlock Sanctuary Onslaught.

But usually, if you're just leveling up 1 new thing at a time, you can just throw it in with some already-leveled gear you have and play public games. Nobody cares about leeching experience unless you're just afk or not helping at all.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I am white hot garbage at stuffing my maw. Can anyone help me cram my maw full?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I can't do it myself, someone really jam it in there

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

they're adding time to the maw-stuffing timer in the next update, so its a known issue.

until then, try to wrangle pubbies into doing it with you? you can have 2 people in the same pond and they share progress

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Helene on Saturn is not only solid for leveling but it drops a lot of Orokin cells, even more if someone has a drpp chance booster or if there's Nekros/Khora.

A Moose posted:

they're adding time to the maw-stuffing timer in the next update, so its a known issue.

until then, try to wrangle pubbies into doing it with you? you can have 2 people in the same pond and they share progress

Could you explain what sharing progress means? You get the same fish as them? I noticed when fishing solo that after a couple rounds it just "gave" me a decree so that my progress was saved and I could leave; does it continue doing that if you're not doing other parts of the mission?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

There's a bar to signifies you won the maw game. Multiple people contribute to that bar.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Thanks for the advice above on mastery leveling.

I play solo for a few reasons -

1) I never know when I might have to drop everything with no notice and just walk away, as I am full-time caretaker for my mother.
2) I am a fairly slow-paced player who has OCD about opening every box and exploring every little side passage. I can't do that in groups really. Eventually when I've been in a game long enough I at least slow down on doing this, but that "ooo... what's behind THAT door" brain-worm never really goes away.
3) The extremely fast pace of co-op group play in this type of game just... isn't fun for me. I don't know why but I just kinda get input overload and don't have fun, assuming I can even keep up and get a chance to maybe kill something.

Even if the group doesn't care, I feel like a freeloader and I just end up having no fun.

As I get more comfortable with the game and figure stuff out I'll probably try some group activities, but for now I'm content just poking around and killing bad guys at my own terribly slow pace even if it is terribly inefficient for some of the stuff like you guys say.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

There's a bar to signifies you won the maw game. Multiple people contribute to that bar.

Yeah I've filled it solo a few times. But what does winning it do? Bonus drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah I've filled it solo a few times. But what does winning it do? Bonus drops?

yeah, winning just gives you a chance to get more drops. I think it increases the chance to get maw fangs, and I've seen as many as 3 fangs from maxing out the bar, as opposed to 1-2 for only getting 6 fish. Of course sometimes you will max out the bar and only get 0-1 fangs. You'll get millions of scales too but I don't even know what uses those. I've also seen up to 8 pebbles for maxing out the bar.