Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah Excalibur isn't really melee. Rhino is probably the only suit that encourages melee. Maybe the Ashe/Loki for the stealth attacks?

I just use Slash Dash to move around and get through enemies easily, it does good damage as well. Super Jump + Radial Javelin is also pretty fun, as is Mag's Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin. I actually quite like the Excalibur although I've only played 4 or 5 suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'll trade stuff for Orthos Prime Blades and/or capture keys. Anyone interested? Will check back later tonight.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So no has any Orthos Prime Blades or Capture keys they want to get rid of? I have Barrel Diffusion, Blind Rage, Focus, Streamline, Stretch, Accelerated Blast, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Serration, Shred, Thunderbolt etc.

Also have quite a few T3 Mobile Defense, Defense and Survival keys.

edit: oh what, no bp or item part trading yet? lame. Still keen for T2-3 Capture keys though.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 21, 2013

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Terbulus posted:

Use the extractor bug if you're in dire need

Still haven't had a single Orokin Cell from that thing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

^Thank you good sir.

Speaking of Alerts, has the Affinity Aura appeared yet? Also I really wish the Aura slot didn't have a specific polarity because it makes it hard to try out different ones.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I've only used 2 forma on my Dera and 1 on the Twin Vipers. How often do you guys forma things? I'd forma a lot more often if it didn't take so long.

I wonder if they will ever add harder content where you'll have to be using formaed equipment.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So are Wraith weapons usually better than the original? How much so? I quite like the Twin Vipers and have 1 forma on it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I just did a mission before and noticed that this persons M.Prime wasn't setting off a chain explosion. I figured that maybe he just hasn't leveled it up or something but it wouldn't surprised me at all if it was bugged.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I've been play a fair bit the last week or so after leaving the game years ago(back when keys were a thing, not this strange relic system) and my god they've added a lot of stuff. What's the best way to buy and sell items? I'm pretty close to having a few of those vaulted prime suits and I probably have some good stuff to sell.

Also the menu system is kind of annoying unless I'm missing something. Is there no way to easily change suits/weapons from the nav screen?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Good to see some things never change. I think Soma/Galatine/Rhino was the ideal setup back in the day. And a snow globe.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

When you're on the nav screen is there an easy way to change gear other than just the general loadout? So annoying when I find a mission then have to esc out and change my weapon or config and find it again.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mimesweeper posted:

I have a lot of fun with my Icy Avalance spam Frost but I apparently forma'd him a couple times and it requires a few of those annoying derelict vault mods and the syndicate augment. Here it is anyway, maybe you can take parts of it as inspiration. It's not a super optimum build by any means, especially the Ice Spring, but the cool snow effect on bullet jumps is an absolutely vital fashion accessory IMHO.

Sounds fun, I'm going to try this.

You know what's not fun though? Some of these quests missions. Jesus Christ I don't want to do this dumb spy poo poo to advance.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 21, 2017

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

S.J. posted:

I just unlocked focus but the game literally told me nothing about what it is or how to use it or activate it and I'm just like lmao

but apparently when the little circle thing is full i can hit 5 and i can shoot lasers with the help of anime???

Yeah I'm up to that part as well and it's so funny how little information you get sometimes. I think I'm going to mostly just ignore all that stuff, I don't want to leave my frame and using a lense takes away some affinity gains?

IAmKale posted:

I was watching this Skill Up review of Warframe and my god, for some reason Warframe looks really, really fun. I can't remember the last time I'd played it, but back then you were stuck in this stupid solar system UI between levels that was unintuitive and did nothing to excite me for another round of running through some randomly-generated level. I completely wrote the game off and never paid it much attention except for the odd article here or there.

I can't believe it now has all of these hubs, player housing, clan buildings...things you can actually move around in when you're not in a level. When did all of this happen? Should I give Warframe another chance?

Yes. I last played back when you just farmed for keys on the same old maps. It's actually crazy how much stuff they've added and changed in this f2p game.

Honestly I think the most surprising thing is that they haven't added loot crates, unless I just haven't got to that part yet...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RossCo posted:

I have a Soma Prime and a Paris Prime, any glaring weapons I should chase next?

Need myself a project :-)

Lex Prime. And then make the difficult decision of weather to go for 2. Or 3.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I would advise ignis and atomos. They are a flamethrower and beam pistol respectively.

Because aiming is for chumps

A....beam pistol?

See this is the problem. I hear about or see something cool and aim to get it but then something appears and ruins that plan.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

And Tyler Too! posted:

Here are some of my personal favorites:

Vaykor Hek - A brutal uncompromising shotgun. It will mulch anything and everything at point-blank range.
Zarr - It shoots cannonballs and has an alternate fire that behaves like a shotgun.
Astilla - A literal glass cannon. It fires hunks of exploding glass at enemies.
Quanta - Shoots two sustained laser beams and has an alternate fire that launches cubes which you can detonate unreal-tournament style.
Opticor - The quintessential anime cannon. This gun fires a big laser and does it well.
Arca Plasmor - A "shotgun" that shoots a giant energy blob of radiation.
Twin Grakatas - The ultimate spray & pray sidearm. Fully modded it chews through anything.
Sonicor - The ragdoll cannon. Anything you don't outright kill will be sent into orbit.

You made all of those sound worth getting. I have the Opticor and it's not very modded but is already melting things.

I quite like the Twin Vipers. It's just funny burning through a clip instantly and if I get a secondary riven mod I'd probably use it on this.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wait so with riven mods you dont actually pick what weapon it's for, it's just a random weapon in the game?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The riven mods picking a random weapon sounds so painful. God drat, I had 2 different friends who 'know the game' tell me you could pick the exact weapon with them. Fuckers.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Using Hydron to farm xp and keys after seeing it recommended in here but what is with people constantly leaving after wave 5 or 10?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

fknlo posted:

Can you just buy a bunch of these while they're on sale or do you need the frames and stuff unlocked first?

Yeah, probably pays to buy a few plus the weapon ones as they are the best item.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Some nice custom titles in here.

Why so much anger and hostility? Everyone in game is super chill and helpful.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lumpy posted:

Thanks. The non-shooting / stabbing parts of this game are very complicated....

Yep, I'm still ignoring the focus system.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I don't have a single Prime mod, what should I do aside from freak out?

I have got quite a few Prime frames on the way though: Ash, Nova, Nyx, Saryn and Hydroid all in a 4-5 day span. Also Trinity if I can be bothered to get more argon crystals.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

It's not even funny how many Orokin Cells I need.

Ok so got my first riven mod and it's for the 'boltor' with -8.4% recoil and +3.9% dmg to Grineer.

What would one do with such a mod?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

a real rude dude posted:

That's a re-roll

I don't have a Boltor, do I even want one? Although looking at the disposition it seems pretty popular?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

But like what do I actually do with the Boltor riven? Is it sellable or tradable?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Washout posted:

I gave advice on how to reroll it a page or two back. Just need to join or start a few kuva farming groups or be patient with sorties.

Yeah I did see that, thanks. It's more just that I'm not too sure I want to sink time and money into it when I already have a ton of other average weapons to waste resources on.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Nah it's all good, I like reading all the stuff considering in game explains nothing.

I just need more rivens! Got a statue today, they're going get really old really quickly aren't they...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mimesweeper posted:

Never. They never get old.

My second riven is Cronus so yeah maybe I'll just stick with the statues, less painful.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Anyone watching the Warframe stream? Looks like fish tanks or something...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This might be extremely obvious but how do I actually gift stuff?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

when you buy it there is a little present icon you hit instead of purchase

How are people gifting Prime stuff then? or is it just setting up a trade and accepting the tax?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I got a rifle riven thats kill 14 enemies while wall latched while stealth. Not having any luck with Ash on infested survivals so I'm looking up a way to cheese to and the first thing I find out that Loki's wall latch is 10x longer.

That's super awesome except I don't have Loki.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

Nah most of that was pretty reasonable discussion, tbqh

This is whining:

What's the change they're so angry about?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Woah new tab, Acolytes.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Acolytes gone, did manage to get one mod though. +armour with some channeling negative.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Avulsion posted:

Oh a new event with unique and overpowered rewards started? That's great, I'm hundreds of miles away from my computer. :gonk:

What are the overpowered rewards to be on the lookout for? Those increased crit mods look cool.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Argon Scope and Maiming Strike go for hundreds of plat if you wait a couple months for the Acolytes to have been away.

Ooooh yeah those look good.

Seems like a weird time for them to be released, around xmas and all.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TYarbreaux posted:

Thank you again! I need to pick up some better color palettes, but this is great!

Looking good there, man I gotta step up my game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

You guys are fast, I haven't even gotten an Argon yet.

This acolyte event is slow and weird.