Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Kanos posted:

Valkyr isn't great and Rip Line isn't an amazing super grappling hook, but I literally can't go back to other frames now that I've gotten used to moving around with it. I feel like my feet are made of lead when I can't simply grapple over a high wall or ignore an elevator in the void.

Also I really need them to buff the Tigris because it's incredibly fun to use even if it's total garbage.

It's like being lovely Warframe Spiderman - the good so very marginally outweighs the bad.

I die all the time with Valkyr, but I want her to be good so very badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Definitely more laggy for me in general. Dunno if it's the event or the update.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Is the buff permanent or only within a level?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

necrobobsledder posted:

Of course the Tenno turned on the Orokin, they had to start farming something after they got all the loot from all the Sentients they could ever want. Only after the Tenno ran out of things to grind for did they put themselves into cryosleep until DE brought the next update.

DE codex update tia

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

And before any Tenno sympathizer is imprisoned they are made to wear the leotard of shame and a toy lato is glued to their hand to mock them.

Warframe: 1000 hours in a leotard of shame

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

I had Lethal Torrent drop for my Kunai today :getin:

I also got a Dark Sword blueprint from some alert mission, doesn't look like you can buy it so I'm going to make it for special snowflake points. I also got Flow and Streamline today which I assume will be useful at some point.

That's quite the impressive haul for one day. I've been playing since U7 and it took me 100+ hours clocked before I stumbled across Flow on a Grineer mobdef. Didn't get Lethal Torrent until last week and I paid 10 plat for it.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Washin Tong posted:

I still haven't gotten a single multishot mod to drop since the optional reset :negative:

The RNG is a real bitch sometimes.

If you're on PC, I'll toss a Barrel Diffusion your way in a few days once I'm able to play again. I've got 3-4.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Wheeee posted:

That's where I'm at. I picked the lovely Excalibur frame after reading the OP and it's got the most boring goddamn skills and I'm like four planets away from getting the final piece to build a new warframe.

When you hit rank 6, build Ogris and equip Super Jump extension mods. Orbital strike capability instantly redeems Excalibur.

Fruit Chewy posted:

As a new player who just looked up what 'zorencoptering' is, is there a good reason I shouldn't craft some zorens just for giggles?

The Lecta whip released with U11 has a slightly different form of zorencoptering (hold melee, go farther) and as a bonus is passable and fun to use in case you want a transportation method that doesn't need a crit build to be most effective as an actual weapon. I recommend building it when you can.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Dec 3, 2013

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Question about extractors: I've been cycling extractors through Europa for a few days now and only seem to get rubedo. Not really complaining since I have 5,000+ now (and I remember when rubedo was the bottleneck resource), but do extractors ever mine rare system resources or is it just uncommons? I think I may have gotten control modules once because I cheesed an extractor sometime between having 3 modules (two days ago) and 23 modules (current total) and haven't really been farming them apart from a few T2 runs and one Hyena run.

If it's uncommons, I need to go after polymer bundles and stop wasting my time looking for free morphics.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Oooooo, Orokin Cells. Might prioritize those over Polymer Bundles.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Kortel posted:

Any specific missions good for farming Rubedo? Seems like most missions on earth cap out at 27. Except for Mobile Defense but thats a crap shot depending on hosts.

This isn't a mission, but cheesing the extractors I place on Europa gets me 400-500 rubedo about every four hours.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Broniki posted:

For me the real pain is rank 4-6. It's going to take me a long time to get to rank 6 and I don't see any weapons to tide me over until then. There's the dojo stuff, but I don't have a clan, so I can't get those. It's weird how they have no new weapons for rank 5 at all.

This is a long and lonely stretch. I got through it back in U8 when more weapons were purchasable with credits, but it took me two Saturdays with affinity boosters plus having bought the Female Warframe pack just to accelerate things and I still barely had enough things to level. So many junk weapons ground out and resold.

Have you done the lovely easy-to-craft alert melee weapons yet?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

It is possible to use more than one code on a single account?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I think the general consensus is that it's a waste of mods and credits, especially with all the junk mods U10 and U11 dumped on us.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

On an unrelated note, building Clantech parts is exceedingly laborious but I'm pretty stoked about building both Synapse and Flux Rifle today (built Ignis a few days ago). My credits have just vanished, though. poo poo's expensive.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Outrunning Lokis never gets old.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

T2 survival :getin:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I think DE is just too lazy to take the points out of survival missions.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

how...thefuck....

Ran with a goon and two pubbies, all fine players. One of the pubbies was a Nekros, so RNG_gods_pity++?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Devor posted:

Mine was "I use Pull as Mag, and the capture target launches over an edge and doesn't reappear"

This. Waste of a void key right there.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Clocks posted:

Since we're all asking for weapon suggestions, what's a good late-game/end-game secondary?

I've been using a kunai this whole time and it will mow down everything except harder enemies in the later voids/missions, and I feel like I shouldn't rely on it forever. I'm leveling up an ignis that I've built on a random suggestion and liking it a lot so far, so the idea is that I will finally have a primary weapon I can switch to while I level a secondary that doesn't suck. I realize that getting the best out of a weapon will also involve me having the proper mods and all but what are some I should look at?

Despair (Stalker drop, Kunai upgrade) is my go-to secondary for absurd T3 survival missions and/or since I built it in U9. Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent + Gunslinger + Hornet Strike + elemental mods. Tears things apart and is by far worth the resources if you can get it to drop.

Twin Vipers will kill things and your ammo reserves in direct proportion. Twin Gremlins are a personal favorite of mine as well. Magnus looks good, but I haven't built it yet. Acrid used to be the god of pistols, but U11 killed it.

E: Highly recommend maxed Pistol Ammo Mutation on all of these guns.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

SteveMcQueen posted:

I was planning on building an ignis today or tomorrow. Is it still good given the weapon changes from the latest patch or should I am for something else?

Ignis is The Gun To Build, assuming you're willing to put the 4-5 Forma in to get proper use out of it. It has no native polarity slots.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

SteveMcQueen posted:

Ok, cool. Thanks. I have a couple hundred plat left over so I don't mind forma-ing it if that's the way to go. I am relatively new to this, I assume I use a potato on it first?

Yes, to double the mod capacity, but potatoing a weapon is not necessary in order to forma it. It's just the smart way to go about things.

Also, don't buy forma. Run T2/T3 survival Void runs with other goons and get up to your eyeballs in Forma and Forma BPs.

I didn't know about the latter until last week when I racked up two Forma and three BPs doing runs to get Mag Prime parts.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

e: nvm

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 13, 2013

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

MrDude posted:

I really like Carrier's vacuum ability, but I'm definitely a shotgun guy and don't want to share my mods or make two sets. What's the next best Sentinel weapon? I know Carrier will still only attack enemies at close range, so I guess something that takes that into consideration.

Considering that status effects are now procs, the old suggestion of Shade's pistol with freeze damage is null and void (Shade has a comparable range), especially if you don't want duplicate pistol mod sets. You don't really want the Deth Machine Rifle because of its spin-up time. If you're looking to maximize damage output, I don't know the numbers on the Laser Rifle, but since you won't be using the rifle mods on your own primary it'd be my suggestion with the caveat that you should really reconsider the shotgun.

e: if you're willing to buy a Hell's Chamber for ~10plat from pubbies or strike a deal with a goon, that and Accelerated Blast and Point Blank would be enough to justify using the shotgun IMO. Goons will likely give you Accelerated Blast for free; I'll do it myself if you can't find any takers by late tonight assuming you're on PC.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 13, 2013

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

So apparently this event is happening. I'm away from my PC until 12/28, so I'll miss it entirely, but is there anything mod-wise that will be handed out that I'll need to haggle for when I get back? I'm OK with missing Wraith Twin Vipers because this game is still too much easy shootmans for me to care about missing a trophy weapon when I have most of the non-event endgame guns + biggest clantech guns + Strun Wraith, but it'd be nice to know if I want to chase mod X or Y.

nvm, I gots time.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 21, 2013

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Piell posted:

The event is going until the 6th, so you have plenty of time.

Wow. Change of pace for DE. Sounds good. Thanks!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

You people with your boomerang ground-slams and your giant obscenely damaging greatswords. In my day we had a stupid metal stick called a Bo and we baseballed groups of enemies across the map with it just fine.

As a boomerang ground-slammer and a obscenely damaging greatsword-haver, I still yearn for the days of my U8 Bo. RIP space ninja baseball.

e: vvvvvvvv the Bo had automatic stagger effects and was craftable for 15K, but power creep made it comparatively bad (in addition to already being low powered) and Kestrel and like weapons gave you better stun options. No idea why DE arbitrarily took away the baseball bat properties, though.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 25, 2013

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Furax and Loki for invisible butt-punching. Works like a charm and hides your shameful animations from friends and foe alike.

Hulk Hands are worth it.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

If I understand this event correctly, you only need a group score of 50 points to get the toxin + status chance mod set, right? That seems markedly easier than all this Vermilion business.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Doji Sekushi posted:

Some random alert pops up today on PS4, a fellow goon and I decide to do it. A couple pubbies join us. Everything's going pretty ok but on the way to extraction, one pubbie decided to rush to an elevator and activate it before the rest of the group reaches it.

The elevator is one of those longer ones, we get annoyed. The pubbie gets killed while we're descending. We rush to reach him and then stand there watching him bleed out while I tossed sticky grenades (e: colored neon pink) on him for good measure.

Are we the problem with today's youth?

This. This is GOON clan.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Just leveled a Synapse to 30, cooking Penta and Soma now in addition to all three Oberon parts, a Catalyst, and Akvasto. The amount of mats one eventually has just lying around after 140+ hours of play is staggering.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

bald and fail II posted:

In all the hours of playing this game i've never seen anyone actualy shoot stuff whilst wallrunning anyway.

I think the wonky trajectory you come off wall runs at ruins that possibility. Also, I can't think of a single instance where I was both wallrunning and surrounded by enemies I needed to shoot. Wallrunning has been limited to a method of gap traversal and occasional shortcutting - it's still cool, but it doesn't really fit into any gunplay that isn't shooting Ogris/Penta and moving away so you don't die (in which case why aren't you using a frame with movement abilities?).

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

SlayVus posted:

So I have a few primary weapons in the oven. Looking at making a new melee.

What is the melee weapon with the highest crit chance? Since the Soma is the best primary because of that fact, I figured why wouldn't it be the same for melee and secondary.

I'm trying to get to mastery 6 because I want a Soma.

D. Zorens have historically been high crit, more so with Ash/Loki for invis autocrits.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Hizke posted:

I only really started playing this game a few days ago, but playing as Mag and pulling hundreds of enemies to their death feels like cheating.

As you get to the L25-30+ planets, you'll eventually get to where Pull's damage is insignificant on heavies and trash mobs alike. Respec for power effiency (Streamline and Fleeting Expertise) and power range (Stretch and Overextended) and ragdoll multiple rooms ahead of your party. They'll do most of the shootmans and you're free to spam Pull with a max range of 58.75m and min cost of 6 energy. :getin:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Arclyte posted:

Nova is always the correct answer to this.

Set your effect color to pink and max out Molecular Prime and Stretch. Your group will absolutely hate you; but you will turn every defense/survival mission into a joke.

Fake edit: And when you are standing at extraction with a Banshee who is spamming her shout you can drop your Worm Hole on her and send her away.

+1 on the Worm Hole love. Also, Nova + Vauban on T3 mobdef is a dynamic light show. I brought a Frost and Synapse and two unranked weapons to soak up XP and just watched. If you're looking to level off of another player's work, invite a Nova to survival/defense. As long as you're not going in with a "level this thing only" mentality (which, in terms of efficiency, you shouldn't be), M Prime is a fun thing to be around.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Riftling posted:

That sounds like a decent plan. How does taxiing work in regards to my frame level? I still don't have a good sense of progression in the game. How does it work if I only have access to level 5-10 areas for leveling and I get taxied to a level 20 area with the frame parts I need?

Play with a full group and stay farther away from mobs, but within the 100m tether range for XP gain. You'll do just fine since most missions that have you on the move are led by 1-2 people on point with everyone else catching up and picking off straggler enemies (this is mostly due to the frequent gulfs in player level).

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

At this point, :10bux: and goonclan access has the potential to set most new players up fairly quickly. Start with Mag, buy Volt + Loki, taxi to boss levels for future part runs, taxi to a few quick Void runs for a credit stash, acquire Serration + Hornet Strike spares from clan members, parse out remaining plat (70+) for "essential" mods as needed - Flow, Streamline, etc.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

I'm pretty sure Systems BPs are in the same drop table as the other parts, just rarer. It wouldn't make sense to have dfferent distribution methods for different frame sub-BPs. DE is asinine sometimes, but that's a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Mercury_Storm posted:

Well, having players do the same boring boss mission 100 times (some people claim to have done more than 200 to get a systems BP) to get that one final crafting component is also pretty asinine! Makes me want to hold off on this game until it gets out of "Beta" so maybe there will be bit more content to offset the grinding. Right now the content/grind ratio seems pretty weighted since you're doing the same stuff in the same areas against the same enemies repeatedly, especially for new items.

You should have been here before frame BP drops were guaranteed. Kill boss, get Detonite Ampule.

Warframe (PC/PS4) - Embrace the Suck :unsmigghh: