Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So I'm loosely keeping an eye on this game still. Do they have plans to make melee not so terrible anytime soon? I don't really want to play this game unless I'm able to be effective with melee weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ajax posted:

Then wait til you get Ember and find out she is an abysmal frame.

:ohdear:

Is this a thing. Is she no longer a sun goddess?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

They made her armor spell into an AE stagger with a small fire damage trigger (Accelerant) and removed the damage reduction portion of it, not only that, but they changed the animation of WoF, now random jets of fire come up from the ground, but that has nothing to do with any damage you're doing to anyone. She's still passable, but she is not as she once was, sadly.

:negative:

What have they DONE!?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Killsion posted:

Well happy day, got my first Stalker while running invasions, and got Despair out of it.

I still remember my first Stalker experience. Holy poo poo that was one of my all time favorite game moments. I thought my screen was glitching out at first.

Nope, a man is here to ruin your day

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

Sometime around U10, maybe? It was a gross overbuff that used to be much stronger and much wider. DE took the directive "fix Mag" very seriously.

Now they just need to make my Ember whole again.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

So a previous post mentions that Neurodes can be farmed through invasions. As a returning player I don't know what that means? So I can do *any* invasion and potentially get neurode drops? I need a bunch of neurodes and spent my entire night looking for them at various locations and only managed to get 1. I still had a blast running around using Ash, which now has the best looking ultimate even if it is sub-optimal. He loving owns.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Just played Volt for the first time since coming back. There's only one appropriate response to his new Q:

:stare:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

pyromance posted:

Valkyr is usually a bad choice, but occasionally, you'll run into ideal situations. Low max shields don't matter on a 0 shield nightmare alerts, and hysteria gives no fucks about health drain. Rip line is a lot of fun, and war cry puts her at the 2nd best frame (behind Loki) if you want to slash poo poo with your melee weapon (for whatever reason).

Who knows, maybe she'll be god tier under the new melee system. I kind of want to get her because she sounds cool, which, in the end, is the basis for getting pretty much all but two or three warframes. DE has shown considerable ability to understand which frames suck and which are too good. Them throwing a bucket of water over my sun goddess and Mag's rise to fame from the shithole she used to be in are clear evidence of that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Nova and Rhino.

Your move.

Nova is deserving of a bit of a nerf no doubt about that. But Rhino went through a roller coaster of changes that left him being mediocre, to being amazing, to being dumpster tier, to being great again. Rhino has been one of the most changed frames in this game.

If you can't remember, Nyx used to be even better than she was as well until she ate a nerf.

I'm hard pressed to find an example of an early frame that hasn't been changed for good or for bad, except for Excalibur who has always been Excalibur.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

No air, no dunk. Oberon is a great center with good court presence and excellent dribble skills, but his wide frame and lack of vertical boost or reach means he belongs squarely outside the key.

Vauban has a seat at this dunking competition.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I'm usually down to run normal missions. However, your best bet is to tag along with some goons running Kiste and vacuum up absurd amounts of xp and then run the planet missions yourself once everything you own is level 30 from kiste runs.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Nitrox posted:

Same here

Why?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

That event looks pretty cool, if I have the time and the required amount of Element Zero isn't too much to make me sick of it then I'll probably try to get some extra since the new warframe will probably need it.

They're adding a dual version. I should have seen this coming but welp

Ugh I need to read better. I didn't see that at the top.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Those melee suggestions only make the anticipation of a buffed melee system all the more agonizing. I mean, I'm currently leveling un-potato'd fang and having a blast turning grineer into finely sliced salami but it's so painfully obvious that melee is simply garbage once enemies do tons of damage and have a lot of health.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ :argh:

Daric posted:

What exactly does the forma do? I hit 30 with Volt but I don't know what the Forma does so I'm not gonna mess with it.

Switches the polarity of one of your upgrade slots to whatever one you want at the cost of resetting your frame's/weapon's level back to zero.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Unrelated: A single Grineer Eviscerator bleed effect can kill you from full shields and 260 health (I've seen it do 70 health a tick). That is not okay.

I discovered this last night too. Gotta be careful with those guys.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Got my first ever perfect BP run last night when I did Alad V five times last night. I crashed twice so those don't count. Nope, defintitely don't count.

I also then realised that I also had all the Vauban BPs and I'm not sure when that happened :cripes:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Friday night ninja headbanging party at the dojo. Yeah it happened.

Where did my life go wrong? :negative:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I'm now convinced that farming orokin cells is the worst part about this game. All the other rare mats are easy to get, but try to get orokin cells in any appreciable number? Nope. I've tried Saturn survival, Tethys, Kiste, some survival mission on Ceres and it's like pulling my hair out. Just ran a 40 minute ODS and got 2 or 3. Maybe that's what I have to do, but that's still annoying considering how I now have like 50 control modules from running T3 defense missions and Neurodes are a drop from invasions.

Ugh.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Insert name here posted:

Speed-run Ruk, and also keep your eye out for the 3xOrokin Cell rewards for invasions that are semi-common.

I check invasion rewards all the time and I've never seen one for orokin cells.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Killsion posted:

Are you on PS4? I see them a bunch on PC...

:cripes:

I'm just bad then. Everytime I log on I check all the invasion/infestation rewards and I've never seen on for orokin cells in the past couple weeks I've been playing. I'm part of the U.S. home from work crew so maybe I just have bad RNG timing.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

No, but I'd imagine it's along the same lines as other clan research projects. So we're probably gonna need 3k Oxium to start research on the drat thing.

3k would be nothing. 30k would be something.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Washin Tong posted:

I think getting Orokin Cells is actually harder since you need to get to Sargas Ruk in Saturn or get lucky with random drops. Control Modules were an issue when they only dropped from Hyena like 10% of the time, now they're extremely common if you just step into the void.

Resource grinding is a whole lot loving easier than it used to be with the addition of Endless defense mission, Survival missions, the Void, Invasions and Derelicts. Neurodes (Common Invasion Reward), Control Modules (Drops in ridiculous amounts in the void), Gallium and Morphics (Both pretty common despite being a "rare" mat) are all pretty easy to come by. Neural Sensors aren't too bad because I think they drop in pairs (a least they did for me on Elara last night when I got two pickups of two).

That leaves Orokin Cells as the king bitch for me if my whining over the last three pages is anything to go by. I've found that doing ODD/ODS/ODA missions are probably the best way to farm them. I've been totally hit or miss on doing survivals on Saturn and Ceres where I'll go 30-40 minutes and not get a single one. Interestingly enough I've had better success doing Saturn Defense missions than survival missions. I got three last night when I went to gently caress around with my new penta. Goons have told me that they are also an invasion reward so keep an eye out for them.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Metaprognosticate posted:

PC Potatoes

Despina, Neptune Invasion for Orokin Catalyst Blueprint

Halimede, Neptune Invasion for Orokin Reactor Blueprint

Probably around an hour left if you hurry.

Just about to wrap up and hit the sack when I check that warframe tracker thing. Finally got my orokin cell reward - but it's opposite a potato. :negative:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Welp, they actually just made one more frame no longer a viable option for high level defense. The tyrannical reign of Nova and Vauban continues unchecked.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

What's weird is that I had figured that Frost's role was 'slow/defensive' because of how loving slow he is - basically sit underneath snowglobe and make everything come to you so that you can kill it while it's slowed. Wow I guess I was wrong. He's supposed to be mister action.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Kaldaris posted:

God willing- Frosts will have an ability to end their own misery.

It won't get that chance. I'll do my due diligence and test it out and if it sucks it's going on the shelf to collect dust because it doesn't have any other redeemable features.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

4 Nekros new meta. Nova joke tier.

It's happening

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Them not explaining that leaves a ton of questions. So everyone just wants to carry a big fuckoff sword at all times?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

drat. When they tease 'long awaited ability buffs' in red text I honestly got my hopes up for something much more drastic than this.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I actually kind of like the new UI, although the elements of it could certainly be bigger.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Piell posted:

Woah, the Latron Prime got almost double damage (45 to 84) and an increase in status chance to 25%, that's pretty sweet now.

So do we have a complete list of stealth buffs/nerfs yet?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

My random thoughts in no particular order:

- I guess it was really just a matter of time until they released the almost obligatory katana-esque weapon in their space ninja game.
- Those lever action weapons looks pretty cool
- I hope the passives they mention in the 'lens' path will allow frames to continue scaling past 30 and outside of the mod pool. I hope that this system will allow other frames to finally bust into the high end content arena and end the stupid triumvirate that's got a stranglehold on that area of content.
- Grineer death squads was something I suggested a long long time ago when the Stalker came out. More impromtu events in your generic missions makes the game better. So a grineer death squad blowing a hole in a wall and charging into a room or something would be awesome.
- Melee 2.0 in three weeks? This cannot come soon enough. Although my anticipation is leading me to have what will probably amount to unbelievably high expectations that cannot be met. In any case I'm really hoping that melee 2.0 is at least half of what I'm dreaming it will be.
- Am I interpreting that correctly that the solar map is going to be going away and we'll have to all meet and hang out with pubbies in some kind of a meeting area prior to going out on missions?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Best place to farm rubedo? I need mountains of it.

When farming (insert non-rare material here) go to a planet that has it available, pick a survival mission and continue playing until you have enough (insert non-rare material here).

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Metaprognosticate posted:

An addendum to this is if you're doing high level missions with fairly good equipment, you should not take Corrosive against Grineer nor Gas against Infested.

Against Grineer, Corrosive is extraordinarily good against the majority of the enemies. These enemies have Ferrite armor that is weak to Corrosive. However, the Grineer faction also has a bunch of enemies that have Alloy armor. All the Grineer bosses that have armor have Alloy, and what I would say to be the three toughest Grineer enemy types, Eviscerators, Napalms, and Bombards, all have Alloy armor.

The best elemental against Alloy is Radiation, which is what I would suggest you use once you start seeing these three types of enemies pop up. When you get that high up, only these 3 enemies will be of any danger to you anyway, so having Corrosive is not necessary.

And for the Infested, the situation is fairly the same as the Grineer. Gas is really good against weak enemies, but once you get higher up, these types of enemies will not be of any danger to you anymore. At that point, you will want to take Corrosive, which is extremely effective against the Fossilized armor that Ancient Disrupters and Toxic Ancients have. These 2 enemy types are the ones that will kill you, not the chargers and crawlers and such.

Oh, and if you ever get into the void, take Corrosive. The Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Corrupted Ancients, which are the hardest enemies in there, are both weak to Corrosive. Possibly take cold as well for the regular shields that many of them have.

This man knows what's up. When facing high level enemies always fit to kill the most dangerous enemy on the field. Although I think when in the void have your backup gun fit to kill fusion MOAs as there are a lot of those, they are faster than gunners and do a ton of damage if not killed.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Initial Phage impressions: it owns, get it immediately upon reaching mastery 6.

Helter do you remember those nights when MWO was fun and we had disco parties?

Well, the Phage is warframe's answer to that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The Karak also has extremely high base impact damage and not very good at all puncture and slash making it utterly amazing for killing the Corpus and other shielded enemies.

The Soma has very good slash damage and decent puncture damage with very low impact damage making it much better versus the grineer and infested.

They're both really good though.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Killsion posted:

Thems fighting words. Magnus is ugly compared to the sleek design of the Lex or even Vasto.

The Lex is a dumb looking space .45. The Magnus is a cool looking space .44 Magnum although I'm not a big fan of the sound it makes when shooting it. Everyone can agree the Vasto is a sexy, sexy gun.

Inspector_666 posted:

Also with 100% multishot and the new elemental damage it's like something out of Borderlands :allears:

You're welcome.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 11, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ThugElectro posted:

Oberon. Is quite simply; fun. I'm having fun with him so that's all that matters. Still though, I can't stop playing Volt. Just that Speed and dealing 10 damage with my zorens at the speed of light. It's like I'm tenderizing meat. Just hitting the meat, just enough to make it supple. His ult is really good though, especially with maxed Flow. Can't stop spamming it.

I feel the same way with Valkyr. I don't care that Rhino or whatever is better. It's hilarious to run around punching stuff while totally invulnerable. With the buffs to her ult to ~somehow~ interact with weapon damage/crit I do like 2k+ crits. My only complaint really is that I can't stand that her ult is supposed to turn her into wolverine or whatever and you're stuck doing these boring punching animations. Also her melee attacks when ulted don't go through grineer shields, which really pisses me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

I have gained 1.5 million credits from cap trains past 3 days. :v:

Yeah, cash is easy (although I'm always spending mine so I never have any saved). The bottleneck for any high level mod is defeinitely the cores.