Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Naramon is the get more XP school so it tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Don't use the frisbee. Shoot things with Mesa or spin to win as Revenant.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Try hole, skeleton!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Anora posted:

I will never understand why people think Harrow is a hard farm, the only really annoying bit is the low drop rate on Defections, but honestly defections are super easy once you know what to do. And Kuva Spy missions are also cake if you take in Loki.

And both of those are also farms for other frames too. Defections spawn Maniacs for Ash Parts, and Pagos can get you Ivara's bits as well.

Even with an optimized farming team you're looking at something like 3h of watching kavur shuffle along. It's mind numbing.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The chances that pubs are worse than soloing it are pretty low I'd guess.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

No, no, I tossed a Zenith Rivin like a chump.

Shouldn't really matter. You mainly want it to shoot the bubbles and they aren't that beefy.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I really like the Entrati family themselves and the deep dive Void lore stuff, but everything else about this update has been a disappointment.

Conservation is badly broken, mining is technically functional but the majority of mining spots are buried in the geometry.

The regular bounty missions are mostly business as usual but a few of the new ones take an unreasonably long time and clearly either weren't tested with solo players (e.g. enemies barely spawn and have to be baited or CC'd into the cauldron area) or weren't tested at all.

The Necramech boss fights in Isolation Vaults are miserable. I ran out of ammo fighting one, because they take no damage outside of their weak points and the third weak point is on their back, which they basically never show you when you're playing alone. Some of it was my weapon choice -- I had a fairly ammo-hungry explosive weapon, and then a secondary without Ammo Mutation -- but that isn't really an excuse. They're an escalation of DE's "let's make a nigh-invulnerable wall of meat and make you shoot it for 5 minutes" mini-boss design and it's really bad and boring.

The introductory mission was passable but no-parkour forced stealth and "oops, no warframes, get in this slow clunky mech and walk across half the map" were pretty lame.

The token and rank-up system essentially requires you to do every activity and you have much less room than in Fortuna or Cetus to pick and choose the activities you enjoy doing, plus the turn-in process itself is just unnecessarily complicated and slow as you check every single turn-in mission by hand to see if you meet the requirements or not.

e: this last bit is almost certainly due to Covid-19 making in-person mocap and studio recording more difficult, and not really DE's fault, but it's also very noticeable how many fewer voice lines there are and how a lot of the codec scenes use a canned idle animation

As far as I can make out the only activity you can't skip completely is conservation. And while I sympathize with your mech troubles, running vaults solo is kind of an edge case. In both vaults I ran the mechs just evaporated when accompanied by confused pubbies. Though I have no idea if there was any trick involved.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Playing Warframe solo isn't an edge case.

As to activities, you need tokens from every family member to rank up, and you can only get tokens by doing the corresponding activity. None of them are skippable (admittedly I haven't seen Otak or Grandmother's tokens required for a rank-up yet, so maybe mining is an execption, but probably not). Once you've finished ranking up and are just farming rep you have somewhat more flexibility but you take a hit to efficiency since getting Grandmother's tokens require a mix of everyone else's tokens.

What I mean is that Vaults drop mining and fishing resources. You still have to press a dad or daughter button, but that's it.
For all I know the mech's HP doesn't scale with player number, which would on its own explain our disparate experiences. There might also be a hard counter to them that one of the pubbies lucked into, but idk.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Ohh, okay. That helps a lot actually, I only did 2-3 vaults before writing them off and was mostly just paying attention to the direct end-of-mission rewards.

e: I think they might be explosion-immune, which is incredibly lame. I was getting a little damage with my primary but I bet it was the lingering fire from Nightwatch Napalm and not the explosion. (It's also really aggressively scaled; this is a gun that does 5-digit damage normally and 3-4 digits on the DoT doing 30-50 per tick instead.)

But on the other hand a full ammo pack of all-maxed-mods, rivened out Rattleguts fire shouldn't leave an enemy standing, that's just stupid. Even if you don't run out of ammo that kind of TTK is bad enough gameplay by itself.

Someone in chat mentioned that Deimos has a lot of enemies that are immune to virus procs specifically, though I haven't checked. That might also explain a lot.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

For hunting in Deimos just zoom around and look through your tranq gun. You'll get most of what you need pretty quickly. The exception are the common birds.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

Empower on wisp replacing her 4 is pants-on-head ridiculous good.

Especially when that 79% firerate buff is applied to a Mausolon. :getin:

Keep in mind that you're replacing the 69% buff though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I don't mind the spy vaults, but I hate the defense map with the intensity of a thousand suns.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Spoiler out and shoot your head.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is it even technically possible to run out of subsume slots?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

It does, but I think the question was more about whether you can run out on the way there.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can.

Yeah, I put about 6 abilities on frames and never was even close to filling the last subsume slot.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

You will come to regret it in time. Are YOU IGNORING ME TENNO

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

PV is easily the most broken pet in the game and I hope they never nerf it

What does it even do? Never die?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Guilty posted:

Yeah that's the point. If you want to group up stuff your speedva would be better off with larva or ensnare than spectrorage and spectrosiphon taking up a mod slot. A max range spectrosiphon has like the same range as a 100% ensnare/larva. You still get speedva dmg bonus and enemy speed bonus but save a mod slot.

If you're looking for energy then dispensary is much better.

Spectrorage does nothing unique that you're not better off having something else.

Certainly not on speedva?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Guilty posted:

I mean, unless you're new and just starting out and don't have the proper mods maxed out, then yes. Speedva should have enough mod slots to have a good efficiency build, combined with arcane energize and zenurik school possibilities that makes energy a non-issue for all nova builds. Certainly you don't need the mass amounts Spectrosiphon gives, and even that hurts you more because you're wasting a mod slot on an augment that gives only one benefit. And if energy is your problem you're better off running dispensary that doesn't require another mod slot and could actually solve all your problems with your build since you have that extra slot. Looking at this build: https://overframe.gg/build/649/nova-prime/4-forma-speedva-best-build-compatible-with-slowva/ you can swap out quick thinking for efficiency and still run what you need to run without any major problems.

My bottom line is that there are better ways to get energy than spectrorage/siphon (dispensery), and there are better grouping mechanisms (larva, ensnare) than spectrorage/siphon. If you need both for some reason, then probably spectrorage/siphon is your best bet.

I can't really think of any frames that might require both other than maybe khora (who is better off with dispensary since she doesn't want to spectro inside her strangle dome) and maybe a minimum efficiency Frost, basically any caster frame with minimum efficiency. Maybe there's a strong caster frame that can be designed with max duration/strength/range and minimum efficiency without a good grouping mechanism that could possible use it, but then you're looking at an unnecessary mod slot.

edit: I will also freely admit I hate the skill with a passion and am totally biased.

Wait, was dispensary orb rate not coupled to strength? I never tried what min strength does to that.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I guess they could add some buff boss that's worth the grind to Deimos in the near future. That'd give infested or corrupted a use case.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Just run Deimos bounties or arbitrations instead.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The answer is vaults. Those will get you Orak, daughter and dadcoins.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1321108478635769859

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

fwiw once you solve the puzzle and challenge him, an obelisk appears in the construct that takes you directly to the fight

What?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The scanning could have been vastly improved if they'd let you bring a full squad.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

However a one off boss is absolutely the best way to try out new mechanics so overall I applaud it.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

What are changing with Nidus?

It's now chance to get stacks no matter how they die in the ball.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

In addition to getting them from Virulence?

:shrug:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Guilty posted:

If I make a magnetic nukor for a CO primer do I even have to bother getting it to 60%? I don't need the damage right?

I mean as far as I know there is no content in the game where getting the nukor to 60% would really make a big difference. If you need something to shut the brain worms up, I think only fire stacks unlimited? So you might even waste procs and get less dps on a super hard target? Haven't tested it though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

7. The last actual gameplay relevant stuff is unlocked at MR16. After that it just makes a few grinds a bit easier.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Solo RJ from scratch is pure misery and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Don't do this.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

kinda funny how few people take up TG's offer this year

is it a sign the game is shrinking, or is it people posting here improved so far they have everything they want (my case)

anyway, thanks to everyone itt, the game is unplayable without you :)

I guess we're all too deep in the endgame. I'm pretty sure I could buy everything I'm still missing with about half my saved plat.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pipski posted:

Oh. Wasn't expecting that. How do I activate my 4th ability then??

Leveling up the Mech and then pressing the button.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

It's a siege tank.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, doesn't really get a lot faster than that. There are a few tricks, like wallhacking the defense nodes with the Fluctus. Actually there is one trick.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wukong is probably the best frame to get early. Or as early as possible. Still use him all the time.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

Ignis Wraith / Kuva Nukor leading the pack.

Broken War over Paracesis? Huh. I guess that's the thousand ducks.

Pretty sure you can get Broken War much earlier? Comes with a free tater.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

Honestly I'm kinda surprised Shedu is so high up, since don't you need to slog through to the final railjack sector to get the parts? Also get that battacor lower, make my riven even more powerful. Love that gun.

Everyone who grinded out arcanes from the Red Rockets is swimming in Shedu parts.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

so just to clarify, you can still AFK through the stream, you just have to tab in at the end to collect your stuff?

so it makes the whole process worse for no reason, not even the viewer-hostile one of forcing you to pay attention?

do i have that right?

I thought it stays in your Twitch inventory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Guilty posted:

Have some dumb questions about eidolon hunting, starting to get into it, would like to be able to easily solo a tridolon hunt. Right now I can easily take down Terry, and reliably clear Gary, but it takes too long. My main problem is the shields, I'm definitely doing something wrong. I'm using a 177 amp, and just launching the little exploded balls? Do I have to aim them at the eidolon or can the eidolon just be in the aoe? They seem to deal tiny amounts of damage, 1k per shot, im running Trinity because I don't feel confident with keeping lures alive with volt yet, so I know I won't 1 shot the shields, but I feel like I'm doing piss all damage on gantulyst.

Also, how do I channel this hunt into focus? Should I put a lens on my amp? Or is it just converting shards into focus?

A lens does nothing for your damage. I've never done Tridolons solo, so I can only, but Volt is a role in dolon farming because his shields are one of the few skills that work on amps.
Edit: There are also arcanes that can help. Shadow something I think, that boosts head shot damage.