Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

aers posted:

Break Blade is airing in Dandy's Japanese timeslot starting in April, which is the final confirmation that the show is only airing 13 episodes for now.

On the plus side Watanabe confirmed the show is 26 episodes so it'll be back at some point.

Isn't it because of CN that they'll make 26 episodes total instead of 13? Either they haven't finished preproduction of the rest or the timeslot was already reserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Zogundar posted:

So this is all paid for, both cours, right? Doesn't matter how well it's doing in the ratings or BR sales?

I only ask because it appears to be selling horribly. So far this show that I don't think I can link to without at least being put on Probation judging from the amazon.jp picture, has sold almost twice as many copies. And even that won't get a second season with those numbers.

The Blu-Ray won't be out until the end of April, so it's all preorders. Cowboy Bebop also didn't do that well in Japan.
Could you also link your source for the sales, Amazon only has a little helpful ranking.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Raku posted:

I like how Prince comes back as a Dandy wannabe

Also I bet that girl with the weird hair highlights is the one that turned him into the penguin

The body switch girl had weird horizontal pupils, the girl in the trailer does not.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm going to be showing a non anime watching friend of mine this show, what one to three episodes of this show should I show him to get him into it? He likes futarama so I think I can woo him with this series.

This actually makes me realize that it has many great episodes among the 17 that have been aired already.
I'd say any episode except the plant planet and Laika, because of the lackluster second half. This is actually just because the other episodes are better.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

cmykjester posted:

Apparently Amazon is getting a special edition of the first season of Space Dandy. Man that's a really cool hat.

Also I have a quick question, does anyone happen to know what dandy's charm says on it? I'm kind of curious.

It says Naritasan:

Naritasan is a shrine near the Narita International Airport, but I don't know what meaning it has to Dandy or the producers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

pnumoman posted:

Kickstarter is dumb for many reasons, but this project seems fine. It's already developed, all rights holders are 100% on board and have already approved the finished game, and they're an established company with actual products they ship and sell. It seems like they're just using kickstarter to minimize the risk of actually making this thing, which is fine by me.

I mean, giving money on kickstarter for some rear end in a top hat's idea is dumb as gently caress. But this isn't that at all.

I wish there was a crowdfunding site for already established companies. And don't display any money above the goal to keep people from complaining that any extra money isn't used to goldplate their rewards.

• Locked thread