Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Ok so I got a copy of this from MY GIRLFRIEND for an early valentine's gift.

I'm impressed enough with menu lag no longer being a thing that I'll start a league; if anyone wants to join, it's up to you. I know there's a few of us who have it. I'm gonna play it whether people join or not!

League : sasflps4
Password : Ask me in PM or on PSN - dubious (I'm no longer displaying PWs in posts because idiots keep trying to sneak into the PS3 league and cut half their team)
League Type: Owners only

Rules:

* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with accelerated clock.
* Please try to limit cheese play. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that.
* On the above, No Huddle is off-limits unless it's a real situation that dictates it (trying to come from behind with limited time in half/game).
* Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next pre-season. No jumping teams mid-season.

Free Agents:
No one take any FA until it's called for.

Trades:
Please discuss all trades in this thread and not through private messages. That way other team owners can weigh in on the fairness of trades as well as offer counter trades as well.
*CPU Trades - we allowed trading with the CPU last year, however it must be ran by the league and everyone must get a chance to weigh in to make sure it's reasonably fair.

Schedule:
The league will advance every 3 days, or when all User Games are in. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with 3 days. Please let Dubious know after the first day if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand he will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then he has 1 day after that to finish up their week or Dubs will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I was hoping someone would start a league for the PS4. I'd be in but I don't think there would be enough for a league. Regardless, we should play sometime.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I'll play some online for PS4, fair warning though, I am horrendous at this game

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
*edited away*

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 31, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:flag: :mcnabb:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 31, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Teams!

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - John Brown
PSN: Loot_N_Scoot
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Giants - jabro
PSN: BadLeRo
Alt Contact:

Washington Redskins -
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WampaLord
PSN: WampaLord
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints -
PSN:
Alt contact: Skype:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers - tensai
PSN: tensai7
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions - Davecrazy
PSN: dpcv8
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears - ShortThug
PSN: ShortThug
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets - The Piper
PSN: nasty-niss
Alt contact: forum PM

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Tennessee Titans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Texans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - human being Guy -
PSN: TheNardPuppy
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals - Mucilaginious
PSN: bkerlee
Alt contact:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 10, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Because I can, Vikings take FA Randy Moss (I won't win it all). Very bad glory years pick.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jan 28, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did you make a league just for me? :swoon: I'm taking the Giants since being the Seahawks just felt dirty.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
awesome news! I'm in as the Jets. PSN: nasty-niss. Best way to contact me would be through this thread or PM. I'll join up tonight.

I've been doing the Xbox 360 Madden leagues for the past 4 years and even commished it for 2 seasons last year. As of right now my Madden 25 for PS4 is rapidly collecting dust so I'd love a reason to play it more often. Are we using end of season rosters?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Piper posted:

awesome news! I'm in as the Jets. PSN: nasty-niss. Best way to contact me would be through this thread or PM. I'll join up tonight.

I've been doing the Xbox 360 Madden leagues for the past 4 years and even commished it for 2 seasons last year. As of right now my Madden 25 for PS4 is rapidly collecting dust so I'd love a reason to play it more often. Are we using end of season rosters?

Yeah, they are end of season. David Wilson was my third string HB with Jacobs as my starter.

Team Needs: Oline, mainly Tackles, will trade picks or a WR or a combo if it's a good player with a cap friendly contract.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Can I put dibs on the Bucs? I'll be getting a PS4 pretty soon (probably in a month or two)

We can do that whole $10 upgrade if you own a PS3 copy, right? If not, probably count me out, I'm not giving EA too much more than that for a menu lag fix. Maybe if I can find it used for cheap.

E: VVV :milk:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 28, 2014

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
If enough people join I'll bite the bullet and pick this up for P4 as well.

I really want to stream MUT.

Whatever team finished 9th overall in points scored in 1985 is the team i will be, I'll go look that up now.

e: Steelers :( :( :(

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
This was their plan all along: You will buy Madden for PS3, get sick of the lag, and then purchase a $460 fix to a minor inconvenience. Sony and EA are in collusion for all of your dollars.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Alucard posted:

This was their plan all along: You will buy Madden for PS3, get sick of the lag, and then purchase a $460 fix to a minor inconvenience. Sony and EA are in collusion for all of your dollars.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, there are a noticeable amount of minor gameplay tweaks that make it a better experience. It's obviously not :siren: next-gen :siren: but it's an improvement over the ps3 product.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna cut Randy Moss because despite my nostalgia for those days, I have better and younger.

Anyone who joins up can take 1 FA when they claim their team.

I'm reserving Bucs for Wampa and Steelers for human being Guy.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I should have some money within a week or so to buy this.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM

Dubious posted:

I'm gonna cut Randy Moss because despite my nostalgia for those days, I have better and younger.

Anyone who joins up can take 1 FA when they claim their team.

I'm reserving Bucs for Wampa and Steelers for human being Guy.

Randy drops a lot of open passes in the bizarro league.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Hmm, tempted to take the Bears.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ShortThug posted:

Hmm, tempted to take the Bears.

do it. Peanut can pick off Ponder all day long.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

This advancing tonight? Let's get to some user games for streaming high-jinks.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

This advancing tonight? Let's get to some user games for streaming high-jinks.

Likely Friday. I won't be around my PS4 tonight.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Joined as the Bears. PSN is ShortThug

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Taking this to regular season tonight. Since theres just a few of us to start ill probably advance when games are in. Ill post in the ps4 thread as well, maybe we can get some people in that way, and we will have wampa and human being Guy coming soon as well.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
We're off to Week 1.

We all play the CPU (common occurrence until we get some more guys in)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Where could I even find a PS4 if I wanted to buy one?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm down to play.

PSN: dpcv8

WampaLord posted:

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

Availability is still tight, but it's getting better. Non bundled consoles pop up regularly on Amazon and Best Buy etc.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

WampaLord posted:

Target had some last week when I was there.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

Target had some last week when I was there.

They are really becoming easier to find. We have them in stock right now (Amazon).

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

They are really becoming easier to find. We have them in stock right now (Amazon).

Thank you so much for posting this, I just ordered one. :woop:

I'll be claiming the Bucs in this league very soon, it should get here on Sunday.

E: VVV You should. Thanks for being my man on the inside. :hfive:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 31, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Thank you so much for posting this, I just ordered one. :woop:

:haw:

I should get commission for this.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I put up a posting at work to see if I can get any more people to hop in.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I love Amazon so drat much. They had the best deal on the PS4 copy that I could find, only $40.

Or can I do that whole "$10 upgrade" thing if I bought my PS3 copy off of Amazon?

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
I think that deal expired or is only at select retailers. There were only a few games you could do the digital upgrade with at launch - AC4, BF4, CoD and Injustice.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

I love Amazon so drat much. They had the best deal on the PS4 copy that I could find, only $40.

Or can I do that whole "$10 upgrade" thing if I bought my PS3 copy off of Amazon?

Get one used, there's a bunch on amazon/craigslist for cheap, less than 30 bucks.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

Get one used, there's a bunch on amazon/craigslist for cheap, less than 30 bucks.

Smart idea, saved :10bux: by finding a used copy on Amazon. I don't give a gently caress if they redeemed the DLC already. Plus, this way, EA gets less money. :v:

E: VVV http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CYS5DU8/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

$30 used with Prime

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 31, 2014

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Now i just need to find a cheap copy.

e: is prime free by any chance? Or at least in Canada?

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 31, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

human being Guy posted:

Now i just need to find a cheap copy.

e: is prime free by any chance? Or at least in Canada?

No, Prime is $79 a year.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

No, Prime is $79 a year.

If you order basically everything from Amazon (and you should), it is so so so worth it. Amazon is now just a replicator from Star Trek, but it can't make you a hot meal and it has a 1-2 day delay.

Also, I'm currently getting it for free cause I sponge off of my mom's Prime. :v: But I would totally pay for it on my own if she didn't have it.

My PS4 comes in Sunday, game might not come in until Mon/Tuesday. When's the first advance going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I just got the game. I'll join. I'm terrible at it, so hope you dont mind me calling for the Broncos. Hope you don't mind seeing Manning rack up 1500 yards and 50 ints.

PSN: tensai
alt: forum PM

• Locked thread