Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I'm at work until 6EST, but off Friday. Set a time, EST, and I'll be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals have won so many Madden Superbowls. :smith:

I think I've won more than 50 myself.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
630 pst?

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Dubious posted:

630 pst?

Sorry, went out to an early barbecue and managed to get drunk for the first time ever in my life. That's a really strange feeling.

Any time today or tomorrow, or you can sim me...I've held us up badly.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm free in a few, then tomorrow in the late afternoon. taking the gf to the zoo in the late morning/early afternoon.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Dubious posted:

I'm free in a few, then tomorrow in the late afternoon. taking the gf to the zoo in the late morning/early afternoon.

7:00 EST, 8:00 EST...either work for you?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mucilaginous posted:

7:00 EST, 8:00 EST...either work for you?

im ready whenever. firing up the PS4

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Stream this

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Dubious posted:

im ready whenever. firing up the PS4

Logging on now. Invite sent.

Streaming not working on my end...

bkerlee fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 7, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i'm gonna get lit up by Jake Locker, world

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
boo

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Down goes Eifert.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Mucilaginous posted:

Down goes Eifert.

Collarbone. And a fumble.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lmao how the hell did that pick even happen

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
god it came down to my doinked FG

GG

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
That was a hell of a game, sir. Well worth the wait.

One more remains. Tuesday night sometime, Shortthug? I want to stream that one for sure.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Bengals run game is now Jake Locker after the Colts killed his offense

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Dubious posted:

Bengals run game is now Jake Locker after the Colts killed his offense

No doubt. Bernard gets hurt every year, and Eifert seems fragile as well.

Defense is all that kept me in that game.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
lol I hope you're ready for the most boring Super Bowl rematch. Maybe we can combine for more than 20 points this time. Maybe.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Well, unless former Michigan QB Dennard Robinson suddenly becomes an elite RB, I'm going to be very one-dimensional on offense. Also, without my safety blanket receiver.

Don't like my chances, but I do have a chance for an undefeated season.

What time Tuesday?

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
10 EST work?

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

ShortThug posted:

10 EST work?

Should be fine if we start right at 10. Winner has 2 rings, right?

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Yep. Win One for the Middle Finger.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I'm exhausted and there's no way I'll be awake at 10:00.

Any night this week you can play any earlier?

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
We can try right now if you want

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
That works.

Logging on now.

Edit: Invite sent. Good game to you...no quarter asked, none given...but a lot of quarter will be run on defense.

bkerlee fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 9, 2014

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Bears 22, Bengals 21.

That game was not nearly as close as the score indicated. The RNG gods were quite unkind to Shortthug, causing two fumbles at random moments, while Jake Locker completely fell apart in the big game, pitching several bad interceptions.

If you'd lost that game, I would have feared for your TV. Great game, man; looking forward to mixing it up again.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Good game man. Rematch ends the same way as last season: with a Gould FG as time expires.

I have no idea how I almost lost that game; it was pretty strange/funny. The game was on its way to a blowout until a Cutler fumble was returned for a touchdown. Then I couldn't stop the screen pass at all (until the very last one when it mattered) and Robinson was running all over me. I knew if I could force you to just pass I could contain Locker.

Oh and Forte got knocked out of the game too. 31 pass attempts for Cutler might be the most I've had in a user game in this league.

GGs all! Owner ShortThug is retiring but will be back in August to do this again.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
These playoffs seemed super close for every single game, and it owned. The game in August will own.

What's the concensus for one more? I'd almost just vote we sim the offseason and those who are left, we can just gently caress around until August. Switch teams, etc. Advantage to simming offseason for that is the CPU can actually sign guys for roster holes, where if you switch in the offseason you have no cash.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Locker just isn't the battle hardened clutch guy Dalton is. No one plays better in the big game than Andy Dalton. His playoff record speaks for itself.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

Locker just isn't the battle hardened clutch guy Dalton is. No one plays better in the big game than Andy Dalton. His playoff record speaks for itself.

This. I've used Locker in PS3 league now for 2 gens, and 7 seasons. Great until Super Bowls and NFCCG games, then goes ~fart~.

Now, a true QB is Timothy Richard "Tim" Tebow. He led my Cardinals to glory in Bizarro, beating Dalton's Bengals Goob's Bengals were checked out but dammit I'll take it, that Cards team owned

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I'll never trust Locker again, that's for sure.

Think I'll withdraw and wait for new Madden in a month. Do we get to keep our teams for the next go-round, or will I have people fighting for my Bengals?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'm also starting to lean towards waiting for the next Madden. We don't have time to finish a full season plus we're down to something like 4 goons here.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds good. Was a good run, taking this poo poo to amazon for maybe 10 bucks. Ill give team priority for people who were here this gen in August.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Just for fun, I did the same thing as the end of the Madden 13 PS3 league, and advanced through some seasons to see goon league in Sim Mode.

For 2016, the Seahawks, who picked up Tom Brady from retirement and benched Russell Wilson, beat human being Guy's Steelers 35-31 in the Super Bowl. Luck was MVP.
For 2017, the Niners beat the Colts in the Super Bowl. Notables - Colts went 15-1 in the AFC, and the Vikings went 12-4 to get the NFC. Kaep was MVP.
For 2018, Denard Robinson was the rushing leader with 1723 yards. Drew Brees came out of retirement to be stashed on the Bengals bench all season long while EJ Manuel played. The Eagles beat the Jaguars in the Super Bowl. Luck was MVP.
In 2019, all of the goon teams except the Steelers at 13-3 took huge nosedives. Lions went 2-14, Bears went 4-11, Bengals went 7-9, and the Colts went 9-7. The Texans beat the Rams for the Super Bowl. Kaep was MVP.
In 2020, some goon teams rebounded. Lions went 10-6, Steels kept success going at 13-3. Colts went 5-10-1, Bengals went 5-11, Jets went 2-14. Steelers beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl. Geno Smith was MVP again.

On a hilarious note, the best season the Jets could muster in any sim was 3-13. Madden doesn't like the Jets.

Tom Brady, Tony G and Randy Moss retired and unretired alot.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I knew Dennard Robinson was something special this season after Gio Bernard and Darren McFadden kept getting hurt. He played above his stats somehow...

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

Just for fun, I did the same thing as the end of the Madden 13 PS3 league, and advanced through some seasons to see goon league in Sim Mode.

For 2016, the Seahawks, who picked up Tom Brady from retirement and benched Russell Wilson, beat human being Guy's Steelers 35-31 in the Super Bowl. Luck was MVP.
For 2017, the Niners beat the Colts in the Super Bowl. Notables - Colts went 15-1 in the AFC, and the Vikings went 12-4 to get the NFC. Kaep was MVP.
For 2018, Denard Robinson was the rushing leader with 1723 yards. Drew Brees came out of retirement to be stashed on the Bengals bench all season long while EJ Manuel played. The Eagles beat the Jaguars in the Super Bowl. Luck was MVP.
In 2019, all of the goon teams except the Steelers at 13-3 took huge nosedives. Lions went 2-14, Bears went 4-11, Bengals went 7-9, and the Colts went 9-7. The Texans beat the Rams for the Super Bowl. Kaep was MVP.
In 2020, some goon teams rebounded. Lions went 10-6, Steels kept success going at 13-3. Colts went 5-10-1, Bengals went 5-11, Jets went 2-14. Steelers beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl. Geno Smith was MVP again.

On a hilarious note, the best season the Jets could muster in any sim was 3-13. Madden doesn't like the Jets.

Tom Brady, Tony G and Randy Moss retired and unretired alot.

Really wanna see the career stats for Megatron.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Really wanna see the career stats for Megatron.

probably high because Vasquez was throwing 4500+ every season

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Further proof I'm the best because the Bears were only a lowly 84 OVR and then went to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I guess the Steelers were better off without me.

• Locked thread