Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

My DVR decided this wasn't a new episode. Thankfully I caught it and manually recorded. What the gently caress, Cox?

Tribune Media Services (provides guide data to nearly all providers) has been messed up for a few days now. They don't have Rick and Morty flagged as new. My Verizon DVR would have missed it too had I not noticed.

What's really odd is Colbert had a guest last week talking about voles and oxytocin and how that makes them mate for life.

The sound mixed sounded messed up to me. Dialog was clear, but no effects had punch. For example, you could barely hear the shotgun.

Sound mix has been messed up on [as] since at least yesterday in a different way. Center channel is coming out of the left rear channel. This has been happening on anything that's not native 5.1 ( commercials, older SD shows).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I loved the subtle joke for the TV show.

"I'm pregnant, what's the worst that can happen?"

"We interrupt 'My Pregnant Baby' for this report."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Mo0 posted:

I doubt that, because the headline on the newspaper is "Genetic crisis averted!" which would imply that being Cronenberg'd was a problem.

That and the fact there was a Rick and Morty still there to die in the accident.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Rick's stuttering works because it's a perfect vocal representation of how annoyed he gets having to explain things to 'normals'.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

BlackJosh posted:

It blows my mind that ATHF (or whatever they are calling it these days) is still on TV. That show is so dumb and so bizarre, yet consistently funny. I can watch pretty much any episode of that show and be entertained, but I can't remember the last time I actually tuned in to watch it.

Mainly it's because the show doesn't have any constraints. At all. They can literally make the episode about anything and it only has to sustain it's insanity for 10 minutes at a time.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Occupation posted:

Pussy when in reference to female genitalia isn't allowed on basic cable before 11 pm iir my FCC rules correctly. Pussy in reference to a weak willed person, usually male, is fine though

In any case poo poo is absolutely fine to say on basic cable

FCC has no say what so ever about what's on basic cable. It's not under their jurisdiction.

South Park uses pussy all the time before 11pm referring to female genitalia.

Anything bleeped out on Adult Swim is either done for comedy sake or Adult Swim's standards and practices.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Funkmaster General posted:

This. Comparing anything censorship-related to South Park is dumb because South Park can do whatever the gently caress it wants.

It was just illustrative that the FCC doesn't enter into it.

Already R&M has seen greater latitude than anything else so far on [AS]. China Il has let a poo poo or two slip, but it was always confirmed after the fact that it was an accident playing the uncensored version.

S&P is just weird sometimes, don't forget they used to censor "sweet zombie jesus" on futurama.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I tend not to trust anything out of [as] over the course of the next 24 hours.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

FYI to everyone who has DVRs using tribune media services for guide data (in other, words everyone). The "New" tag is currently missing from the guide data for tomorrow's episode which could cause a lot of DVRs not to record.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

How does Doofus Rick have Mask Morty if he never had kids?

He said they gave that Morty to him because he didn't have kids.

Seriously, it was in the same sentence.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Since the Robot Rick was downloading Rick Prime's memories, I think Evil Morty's true motivation was to "restore" a Rick as close to his own as possible.

He lost his Rick somewhere along the way and just wanted him back. He doesn't give a flying gently caress about the other Morty's.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Both Abradolf Lincler and the ship captain were voiced by Maurice LaMarche and I couldn't stop hearing Calculon.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I just hope they don't take 10 years to release a blu-ray of the season.

I mean, the Black Dynamite season finale was September of 2012 and the blu-ray isn't coming out until July. That's almost two years.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Alan Smithee posted:

Adult Swim doesn't typically leave their shows up on their site right? How long are they gonna keep R&S streamable?

They've been running a commercial pretty heavily about how they have everything up for streaming for good now.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

480+600

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

masteraero posted:

Quick question for those that redeemed their digital UltraViolet copy. Is anybody else missing the episode Rick Potion #9 in their digital library? The episode title and summary are listed there, but there is no way to watch or download the episode.

Same issue with Rick Potion #9 for me as well.

My copy was also not signed.

Mastering of the blu-ray seems to be a bit off. The overall black level is elevated which gives it an ever so slightly washed out look. Other than that though, it looks great.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

masteraero posted:

Is anybody else missing the episode Rick Potion #9 in their digital library? The episode title and summary are listed there, but there is no way to watch or download the episode.

If you contact Flixster's support, they had it fixed for me in about 2 hours.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Spaceballs is still great for Tuvok yelling "We ain't found poo poo!" and the whole "When will then be now" bit.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I killed me that Brickleberry got more seasons than Ugly Americans which was amazing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Maybe we could start one when season 3 starts up.

Err...

Season 3 already finished airing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's moot anyways. Most of the time the blu-ray is cheaper AND comes with the same digital copy you would pay more for by itself.

Case in point. The Rick and Morty blu-ray is $14.99 on Amazon right now and comes with a digital copy for UV. Buying a digital version of Rick and Morty costs $21.99 on Vudu, $19.99 on Google Play and $21.99 on iTunes.

The only place where it's price parity with its digital counterpart is on Amazon. But why pay even the same amount and get less?

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 10, 2015

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Aces High posted:

I think still buying blu-rays is like people that still buy collector's editions of their video games. They come with physical things like soundtracks and art books, or independent comic books that don't go anywhere, busts of the main character.

No, buying blu-rays is paying attention in Econ101.

It doesn't get much simpler than this. The blu-rays are cheaper and come with the digital copy. Even if you don't have a blu-ray player or plan on lighting the disc on fire as soon as you take it out of the package, the blu-ray is still the better buy.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, I really hope the leaks don't keep up all season because otherwise this thread is a complete lost cause. I'm not even a "SPOILERS, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, RUIN EVERYTHING" person. But Rick and Morty is my weekend "dessert" if you will, giving me a reason to look forward to Sunday nights instead of being annoyed that I have to go to work the next day. I don't want to binge my dessert and it's annoying that I can't even read this thread anymore without it looking like a CIA report on Dick Cheney's man sized safe.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

He just had two people he loves (Unity and Beth) tell him in no uncertain terms that they were done with his bullshit and that they would be fine with losing him if it meant it came to a stop. Since he defines himself by the bullshit he does, that has to hit pretty hard.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

What VAs really hate is celebrities taking parts in headlining roles or marginalization of their talents.

Billy West has a good interview a few years ago about it. He talks about how he would be called in for auditions on big name movies where he would do his take and then they would give the job to the celebrity. Not only that, they would basically use his mannerisms and ad-libs from the audition as direction to the celebrity doing the voice work. So, he would create the character in the audition, and then get passed over for an A-lister who would basically be told to steal the character he created.

Also, they aren't look at as stars of the film.

quote:

You know, it's like they treat us like we're not actors. I went to the première of Space Jam at [Grauman's] Chinese Theatre—big première, red carpet, everything. Me and the voice people got invited to the little theatre; there's two of them there, the big Chinese theatre, and then there was a smaller one next to it. We weren't invited to the big place, and so my friend Bob Bergen, who does Porky Pig an awful lot, called them up and said, "Hey, what gives? We're featured in this movie." She said, "Oh you mean the party at the big Chinese theatre? Oh, that's for the actors." I'd like to find out what little cement-head said that.

I mean, he was motherfucking Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in a Loony Tunes movie and wasn't invited to the big theater for the premiere because he wasn't a "real actor."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Brightman posted:

You didn't read HGttG did you?

You don't know your Douglas Adams quotes, do you?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's almost the exact same getup he was wearing on the Titanic, just a different colored shirt and hat.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Technically he destroyed two since that universe contained another universe.

Are two infinite universe deaths any worse than one infinite universe death?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

CrazyLoon posted:

I'd say this way of thinking right here is the main reason why Rick can afford his amorality the way he does.

Your existence is a LIE nothing you do matters!

quote:

It is known that there is an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

So, he killed no one.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Gary Cole!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Harmon did the "3 Weeks Earlier" gag on Community this year. So, it was likely a nod to that (which itself was making fun of the construct.)

https://twitter.com/communitytv/status/596341067366076418

But who knows which was written first.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, R&M isn't even close to pushing the boundaries of Standards and Practices on Adult Swim.

Watch the last season of Moral Orel if you want to see what will make them blink.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Venture Bros is the way to go I think. However, since it started 12 (!) years ago, it may be rough getting into the animation of the first season. It's not nearly as polished a show back then as Rick and Morty is now. But the quality level is amazing through and through.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Turns out the best TV and movies tend to be a collaboration where people complement strengths and reign in faults. Who knew?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

prefect posted:

He's as dumb as they come.

For sure he and his dad are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The best 'blink and you'll miss it' joke was Rick saying he couldn't transfer all his memories and that his 3 months of improv classes would have to go. Then, immediately after seal team ricks shows up, he says he forgot how to improv.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 2, 2017

• Locked thread