Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Burned through the entire first season in a day why can't there be more :(

exchange that really hooked me:

"I wish that shotgun was my penis."
"If it was, you could call me Ernest Hemingway."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

rick potion #9

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just realized the thread title says "rigamarole" instead of "rickamarole" like it should

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Len posted:

That was pointed out pages ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBw10VUcNQ

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Counterpoint: archer is still hilarious

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Or they do get it and just don't think it's funny. That's allowed too.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I don't know how you can hate Community and love Rick and Morty other than being a contrarian.

Because Community got to a point where I didn't care about any of the characters and they all actively annoyed me so I stopped watching.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Megaspel posted:

Really, the only person we know Rick cares about is Morty. Everyone else is a alternate dimension close basically, and I think he can still hold some care for them, but apparently not as much as Morty? He was willing to sacrifice himself for Morty, which was great foreshadowing for his suicidal tendencies, but he was absolutely fine with abandoning literally everybody else on Earth, to the Cronenberg world he created, to meet an uncertain, but terrifying fate.

Maybe Rick is just future Morty and that's why he cares so much! He's just protecting his own rear end!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

GORDON posted:

All of them except for "Raising Gazorpazorp," so far. He's not quite ready for the reality of sex dolls yet, I think.

Just so you know, that's the only one he watches when you're not around.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Man you guys think about jokes waaaaaaay too hard.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I have the feeling most of you have put more thought into these characters than the creators have. Always trying to come up with complicated reasons for their actions, when probably the reason the writers wrote it that way was "because it was funny".

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Skippy McPants posted:

I dunno, it's certainly possible, but I think you underestimate how much backstory tends to happen just via osmosis when you're writing a character.

Maybe for dramas or whatever. But a cartoon about weekly wacky scifi adventures? The reasons characters do things is because they're funny, not because the writers are trying to hint at something deep inside the character.

Now I know there's probably an example in the show already that's actually the writers trying to be deep about a character and before you use it as an example that you're right gently caress you you know it's not that way most of the time

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The show is just a historical documentary. I mean, this was released in 2005 and in the show the 3rd was new in theaters.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dr_Amazing posted:

So for the people that hate reading dicussions about TV shows, what do you come here for? Do you just like it when people type out jokes while watching the show?

Post-episode funny gifs and Typical posts about the work that goes into the show.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Why those candles on top of the fish? You call yourselves professionals....

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's a trick of the perspective, the fish just happens to be wearing a tiny sombrero the same colour as the candlestick. :colbert:

No lie I first noticed it because I thought "why is that fish wearing a hat"

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

You Won't BELIEVE What Alfred Said Now!

10 Times Alfred Totes Burned People On Twitter

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

People having fun makes you sad? That makes me sad

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Pocket Mortys is out now. Released a day early

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Bought a ticket, capsule came with a ticket inside, used that, got another ticket. Unfortunately it ended there. Yay 3 Morty's for the price of 1 though.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I think the only gimmick with regular Morty is that he has no type thus no weakness and all the Morty's you get from blips and chitz are at his current level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Silhouette posted:

Lovable Andy Dick

Yes that was an episode

• Locked thread