Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
WHAT IS MY PURPOSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

The Unholy Ghost posted:

oh god this can't be happening

Welcome to the club, pal.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
If I've learned anything today, it's that maybe the best thing is to just enjoy Rick & Morty as it is now. Previous incarnations really make me question the creators sanity.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iqltbkoiA

Just discovered this, if you haven't yet seen it, enjoy. If you have well. I don't even care. Not programmed for friendship.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Awww, I love the whole thing.

Can anyone re-link the pilot? The link in the OP aint no good no mo.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Canned Panda posted:

Mr. Meeseeks, can you fix my avatar?

Awesome.

He's gonna start gettin antsy after a couple of days though.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
I like the flames. Keep em!

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Oh man that was quality. Season 2 is lookin like it's just going to get better.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
You don't even know how happy I am that butterbot is in there. Nicely done sir.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Red Oktober posted:

$531 in the end - that's... That's not a lot of money.

Doesn't look like it met the reserve. Why wouldn't harmon or Justin want this thing though, it's pretty drat epic. Certainly a good thing to put up in the backyard for sure.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Just make an animatronic cronenberg morty complete with dripping goo and slap that on the frontyard. Homeowners association should love that action!

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Pander posted:

That's retarded.

My man!

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Sinestro posted:

Slow down!

You don't know me.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Make science your bitch!

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm hooked. I get other people hooked by showing them the butter robot

Dr_Amazing posted:

That's the clip that got me.

The later surly butter dump into Ricks peas seals it. Now I gotta go back and watch this one again.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/marathon/

There was a link talking about the party that went to there. Streaming marathon time kiddos.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Skippy McPants posted:

It's probably best you don't think about who or what it was. Likely the answer would only make you more depressed.

Don't think about it!

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

I thought this was some pos amv but then... wait... oh man.

My first exposure to simpsons was at an animation film festival. Before it was a show. They used to be great, but they shoulda stopped long ago.

That r&m intro was great though. Dont wash the dna vials with your own spit! Sound advice.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
I like all of the debate over the source Ricks angst, or ennui, or whatever the hell.

Allow me to pause from serving butter to pontificate.

The first scene of the intro is rick using his portal gun to ditch away from 2 giant frog looking monsters. Morty doesn't make it. He fairly obviously gets eaten. Oops.

So? Rick either goes and gets a new morty (hey, they give out coupons for this) or hey, if you screw up your dimension bad enough - just find another one to slide into. There's no consequences really, ever, with respect to other people. Especially morty. Why even bother building relationships?

Just a frame of reference for you anytime anyone gets mad at him for not having feelings or being polite or whatever. Think about how Rick feels. Or don't.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

tarlibone posted:

Well, in this episode, he guesses wrong when he tries to come up with the name of the Tom Cruise movie where he makes drinks. He thought it might be Cuisine. He wasn't 100% sure about it, but talk about being wrong. A Tom Cruise movie where he makes drinks would be called Cuisine?

It's Cocktail.

But... but... he's never uncertain!

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

chiasaur11 posted:

Never uncertain doesn't mean never wrong.

It just means when he's wrong, he's very, very confident about it.

A fair point.

What if though - he came from a different dimension where all of these things WERE correct. But in this one, it isn't. HMM

Its a lame theory but I like it.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Maybe mpb is the lead telepath parasite and just cant be killed that easily.

He reminds me of the real fake doors salesman guy a lot. I actually had to pull up that episode to make sure it wasn't him.

New ep was fantastic. In that "when you see it" pic someone posted I was scanning for the "too many cooks" machete killer. Sad he wasn't in there somewhere.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Don't forget about the look on the giraffes face.

Never forget...

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Irish Joe posted:

The first episode is the pilot and the pilot is awful.

Take the pilot, and shove it waaaaay up your butt.

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

Bonus T-rex arms. For some reason. T-bone rex?

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
Morty has been growing gradually more and more aggressive, there have been a few points in the past few episodes rick told him to chill out in some manner.

Speculative spoiler. Evil morty is just regular morty... from the WORLD OF TOMORROW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD
I don't do the twitter thing but I won't lie I'm quite enjoying Harmon gettin crazy on it. Good Stuff, gonna vote harmon for president or whatever.

• Locked thread