Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wait, so did the 4th episode leak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
It's a parasite inside a simulation inside a 500-mile Santa Claus inside a Cronenverse all organized by Evil Morty.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Johnny Truant posted:

Wait, so did the 4th episode leak?

No, people are just talking about the preview. I think.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I just love the new opening so much. I hope none of these has anything to do with actual episodes. If I had to wager, I would say only the power suit clip and the pillow fight will actually show up.

And just because I love loops so much

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 13, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Roiland just retwit this;

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Holy poo poo this is so awesome, just nobody even blinking at the Rick being vaporized. actually they blink but thats just good animation. Also the uncle banging off the table after being shot in the head.

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:
He was a yellowshirt Rick, which means he was probably dimmer than a blueshirt Rick. The chromatrick ricktelligence scale is very clear on this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Reeeeeeally hoping the pillow fight with Vincent Price happens in the show.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Solice Kirsk posted:

Reeeeeeally hoping the pillow fight with Vincent Price happens in the show.

Seems like it would fit nicely into the next episode.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Rick and Morty makes me a little depressed, it's so good that I feel like I could never make anything matching or better than it.

I don't mean to imply that you emit morty-waves or anything, but where it says "merging of these two", there's three arrows! You must work in some balmy crazy topsy turvy opposite bizarro land.

EDIT: fixed misspelling of "3"

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 13, 2015

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Megaspel posted:

Rick and Morty makes me a little depressed, it's so good that I feel like I could never make anything matching or better than it.

I don't mean to imply that you emit morty-waves or anything, but where it says "merging of these two", there's three arrows! You must work in some balmy crazy topsy turvy opposite bizarro land.

I'm sensing some serious morty waves coming off this post, the top arrow is a mix of the bottom two.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Megaspel posted:

You emit Morty waves.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I don't remember seeing this linked, but I was watching The Simpsons the other night, and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecYoSvGO60

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I don't remember seeing this linked, but I was watching The Simpsons the other night, and...

fuuuuuuckin christ im 30 seconds in and this is AMAZING

"yy..y..you killed the Simpsons Morty, you killed the entire fff-f-aaamily, they're a national treasure!"

Also there's a Slurm vending machine and a brain slug when Morty goes through the portal

EDITVVV Yeah I noticed that too, I love the universe they've built, everything is so loving weird, the backgrounds alone can be analyzed to death

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 13, 2015

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

"yy..y..you killed the Simpsons Morty, you killed the entire fff-f-aaamily, they're a national treasure!"

Also there's a Slurm vending machine and a brain slug when Morty goes through the portal

The world Morty goes to is the same world Jerryborree is. The aliens that glarbaglarbglarb are there as well as the hobo with the sign that says some poo poo about 'why lie, need x for x" or what the gently caress ever.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Did anyone watch that Simpson episode after the Rick and Morty spot? Did it do the usual Simpson thing and waste a half-dozen ideas in 22 minutes like it has for the past 18 years?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Did anyone watch that Simpson episode after the Rick and Morty spot? Did it do the usual Simpson thing and waste half-dozen ideas in 22 minutes like it has for the past 18 years?

I figured that there was no possible way the episode was gonna top the couch gag so I didn't bother.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

EDITVVV Yeah I noticed that too, I love the universe they've built, everything is so loving weird, the backgrounds alone can be analyzed to death

Also in the background is the Planet Express ship, and Kang and Kodos. I saw the brain slug and the Slurm machine, too. There was a lot of stuff in there.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Did anyone watch that Simpson episode after the Rick and Morty spot? Did it do the usual Simpson thing and waste a half-dozen ideas in 22 minutes like it has for the past 18 years?
Indeed it did!

wikipedia posted:

The Springfield Elementary School Math team is competing against Waverly Hills Elementary's Math team, in an event organized by Benjamin, Doug and Gary. Lisa yells that their poor school will surprise them all, which they do...by scoring no points at all. Lisa is especially despondent, because Waverly Hills Elementary is much richer than Springfield Elementary, and thus can afford the latest in technology, all the while, Springfield Elementary is stuck using antiquated tools. After this educational embarrassment, the nerds decide to modernize Springfield Elementary School by giving each student a tablet connected to a school network, replacing the blackboards with a giant touch screen device and even making a 3D printing lab.

Since all books are now digital, Principal Skinner decides to burn the "old" paper books. But a meltdown in the server breaks every single digital device in the school. As all the paper books were destroyed, the teachers have nothing they can use to teach the students. Miss Hoover shows a movie in her cellphone, but Lisa can't see it because other students are blocking her view. Unable to see the movie, she looks out the window and sees Groundskeeper Willie using a rope with some equally spaced knots to measure some grass patches. This gives Lisa the idea to turn the school into a Waldorf School, based on hands-on activities and creative play.

All the kids like the new system, and Willie is promoted to math team coach. While teaching the math team, Willie sees that Superintendent Chalmers is abusing his services and tries to chase him down. During the chase, Bart throws an egg and hits Chalmers in the head, making him crash his car into a tree. Surprised by Bart's capacity of calculating angles, Willie invites Bart to be the new math team captain. Later, the Waverly Hills Elementary and Springfield Elementary Math teams have a rematch, but Bart didn't know there would be math (even with Lisa saying there would be nothing but math). The new score is more balanced (29-29), even with Bart answering some questions wrong, but nobody knows how to answer the last question: in a M shaped figure, the competitors have to draw three straight lines to form 9 non-overlapping triangles. That's when Bart remembers the "M" shaped hair in Homer's head and finds out the solution to the problem, leading the Springfield Elementary's Math Team to win the competition.

Not included in this summary is an aborted subplot where Homer becomes enamored of the school's new teaching philosophy and tries to apply it at Moe's somehow.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Oh God, oh look at the baby one awwwww!"

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

J-Spot posted:

Indeed it did!

Not included in this summary is an aborted subplot where Homer becomes enamored of the school's new teaching philosophy and tries to apply it at Moe's somehow.

Jesus....*weeps*. By "Rick and Morty, a hundred years," I hope we get six seasons. No comedy-show worth it salt should go past ten years just as no serial-drama should go beyond seven.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

It aired in May I think so it was linked then. It's great, everyone should see it if they haven't or even if they have.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Was that Wayne Knight as Uncle Steve?

I also love how throughout all these episodes Rick has kept up his drippingly disdainful way of saying "Jerry."

edit: god I love the Morty Wail at 0:48

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Hazo posted:

Sounds like Paul F Tompkins to me.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Hazo posted:

I also love how throughout all these episodes Rick has kept up his drippingly disdainful way of saying "Jerry."

edit: god I love the Morty Wail at 0:48

I am literally incapable of holding it in when Rick thanks Mr. Poopybutthole.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

CeallaSo posted:

I am literally incapable of holding it in when Rick thanks Mr. Poopybutthole.

Of course. I mean, Rick's always been able to count on him.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wrong thread, sorry.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

I love this one. I imagine just fifteen minutes ago he burped and said he'll be in the garage, while waving his hand dismissively over his head as he walks away. Then this.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

J-Spot posted:

Indeed it did!

You missed the part where the episode ended 90 seconds short so they literally ended the season with a non sequitur where the Simpsons are a jug band.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I'm really looking forward to the upcoming episode where we find out all the series up until now has been an implanted memory by Rick the space-parasite. I'm not too looking forward to the episodes after that and the renaming of the show to "and Morty"

ElCondemn posted:

I'm sensing some serious morty waves coming off this post, the top arrow is a mix of the bottom two.

Haha poo poo. I am the true morty after all.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 14, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Whats the voice scream after they say the Smith family is going to Paris? I can make out "Yeaaaaaah!" but then I can't figure out what it says next.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

Whats the voice scream after they say the Smith family is going to Paris? I can make out "Yeaaaaaah!" but then I can't figure out what it says next.

"Awesome!"

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

J-Spot posted:

simpsons summary

Jesus, I almost fell asleep halfway through reading that. I know the show's sucked for a while, but it seems like they're phoning it in pretty hard there while at the same time doing their damnedest to not appear irrelevant. How long until the show turns into a series of non-episodes written to crowbar in whatever celebrity they could goad into a soundbooth for five minutes?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Schnedwob posted:

Jesus, I almost fell asleep halfway through reading that. I know the show's sucked for a while, but it seems like they're phoning it in pretty hard there while at the same time doing their damnedest to not appear irrelevant. How long until the show turns into a series of non-episodes written to crowbar in whatever celebrity they could goad into a soundbooth for five minutes?

Did you miss the Lady Gaga episode, then?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Fishstick posted:

Did you miss the Lady Gaga episode, then?

How bad could it be?

wikipedia posted:

Lady Gaga passes through Springfield via train while on her way to a concert. Seeing how low the city's self-esteem is, she takes it upon herself to cheer up the whole city. However, no one in town is more depressed than Lisa, who was voted as the most unpopular student by her peers. Lisa tries to reverse her status as one of the least popular girls in school by ghostwriting positive things about herself on the school blog under the heading "Truth Teller".

When Bart finds out her secret and reveals it to the school, her social ranking plummets to a new low until a psychic force tells Lady Gaga that Lisa needs her help immediately. After much soul searching and yelling at Lady Gaga for trying to help, Lisa realizes that her outburst helped her because she is finally expressing her anger instead of bottling it up inside her, in effect making Lady Gaga's mission successful. Lisa catches Lady Gaga just before she leaves town to apologize, and after being forgiven she and Lady Gaga perform a duet together. With Lady Gaga's assistance, Lisa and the entire town of Springfield realize that being oneself is better than being like anyone else. Just as Lady Gaga's train begins to leave again, Moe runs up to her and asks if she can help him as well, but Lady Gaga declines, stating that she's not that good. As Moe turns and walks across the train track, a second train hits him.

This reads like lovely fanfiction.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What makes the Simpsons post-season 8 terrible is that the writers have no confidence in any of their ideas, so they just fling poo poo at the wall. Remember that heart-rending episode with Homer and his mother? Well in a later episode she returns for all of five minutes before dying, and then the rest of the runtime is a James Bond spoof.

Justin Roiland is a fan of Golden Age Simpsons and has said he doesn't the show to be bogged down with wacky side-characters, which means Mr Meeseeks won't be overused.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Simpsons is bad
http://youtu.be/dYKbKgTEDVM

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Justin Roiland is a fan of Golden Age Simpsons and has said he doesn't the show to be bogged down with wacky side-characters, which means Mr Meeseeks won't be overused.

Justin Rolland is really good at making silly dumb characters. Mr Poopybutthole fills the same niche that Me Meseeks did and I'd prefer to get characters in that archetype than ever see s other Meseeks.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

But I woulnt mind seeing what the meeseeks do in their own universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pass the butter
Mar 22, 2006

OH MY GOD

I thought this was some pos amv but then... wait... oh man.

My first exposure to simpsons was at an animation film festival. Before it was a show. They used to be great, but they shoulda stopped long ago.

That r&m intro was great though. Dont wash the dna vials with your own spit! Sound advice.

• Locked thread