Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Oh god I'm out of Genius when is season 3? :f5:

That crime show was a bit silly. I hope the players are better about finding evidence and gathering actual useful info next time. As far as Super Junior members go I think Henry is pretty low on the variety scale but that just means hes only good instead of loving amazing (ie: Shindong).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Henry is taking the variety show approach and it's frustrating for the people that are serious about solving the mystery but I'm sure his fans are loving it. They even put instruments for him to play with all over the place. I find it a little grating personally.

It's a cute show. Nice for passing the time till The Genius 3 starts. I wouldn't call it amazing or recommend it to anyone tho. I feel like the cast kinda sucks as detectives but it might be hemmed up for the sake of letting the viewers vote.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I honestly have no idea. They totally ignored the line in the close friends' chatroom about the class president liking the victim. I'd like it if there's more to that. She was involved with either him or "hot" guy, there's always a twist like that

And don't get me wrong, I don't hate Henry, I just don't enjoy a lot of his antics on this show. I used to be able to name ALL of the members of Super Junior! there are so many of them man!

Playing the violin is one of his specialties BTW

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 27, 2014

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Yeah he toned it down a lot.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Violent Video Games are the cause of violent and empathy-less youth today

The lady at the end is funnier than Henry

I am really really bad at games like Phoenix Wright and the likes but somehow I was right all along! Yay! :toot:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Chainsawdomy posted:

I was getting pretty upset with Henry towards the end, but then he ended up being right...
Looks like Henry's sticking around and they're bringing in a seventh guest contestant next week? Maybe they realized it was too hard to get a consensus with only 5 people who aren't the murderer.

I think it was another idol and Henry wasn't there?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
This was the best episode so far IMO. I really like the idea of having a real detective there
The cause of death is obviously poison and/or heart attack but it makes me wonder if it's something more sophisticated than poisoning her drink. Probably not tho, I just tend to think things that are too simple on a TV show are always wrong :shobon:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Zythrst posted:

I really like the detective, and think it would be cool if they just let him play for real.

He's not an entertainer tho, it seems to me like they wouldn't want him to make a fool of himself.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Oh hey, ep 6 is out.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I just hope it doesn't mean we get Sunggyu for 1 ep instead of 2 :(

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I got it right mainly because I noticed the glow when they turned off the lights. The camera kinda focused on it tho :shobon:
I was just so happy to see Sunggyu again (even though he didn't play that big a part in the investigation)

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
This show is a murder mystery. A huge chunk of the fun is speculating as they go, even if the killer is revealed in the same ep.
I usually know a new episode is up by checking this thread. It would be fair to at least tag the first few posts after a new one comes out. Why are spoiler tags even an issue?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
This episode was kinda weak as far as the mystery goes. Finding out about the medicine so soon made the rest of the investigation pointless. It was pretty clever tho, gg

In other news the reveal of next week's guest makes me fangirl in the worst way and it's very hard to keep this post SA appropriate.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Going by the prizes on running man those coins are actual solid gold and they get to keep them.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I had a feeling it was the reporter from just before the first vote, I don't even remember why. For the motive I was thinking of self defense at first but the whole fanboy reveal really cemented it for me. Those people are loving scary.

Speaking of, Key was delightful and I am 100% biased :3:

The finale looks really promising and I'm happy they're bringing back the detective guy.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I'll be SO happy if they bring him back for season 3 :D

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I have to ask because this was bugging me through the whole episode: Why would there be real Chloroform on a movie set?
It threw me off a little because I was thinking it might be the reason for the weird stab wounds. Killer tries to use prop Chloroform to knock actress out which doesn't work and catches them by surprise, leading to a struggle that ends with impromptu stabbings. I guess I went with over-complication once again :j:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Soylentbits posted:

The murderer bought it for the kidnapping right?

Nope. He took one of the jars from the prop room.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

MoosetheMooche posted:

Where are you guys getting the cast list for season 3? I'd like to check it out, couldn't find it by googling.

They're on the translator's twitter.

I'm really bad with Korean names so I guess I'll have to wait till there are pictures before I can even tell if Kcelebs I know and like are on there :shobon:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Suspicious Dish posted:

When you produce the actual episodes, would you mind making a thread in TGR just to post those that I can subscribe to? I don't want to follow everything live, but reading the episode synopsis sounds nice.

The problem with that is that the players will also have access to it. Just send Asiina a request for Vista access, its a Google doc that has all of that + confessionals + viewer discussion.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
They get access to the Vista once they're out of the game.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Silvain posted:

I am so pumped up for the first episode of season 3 after I watched the 10 min video of episode 1 posted on Bumbdidlyumptious twitter. If Hweejong get's eliminated again on the first episode I am going to go crazy.

Why did you tell me that was there ugh I can't wait to see the rest :negative:
I am so hyped for this season! This looks like a pretty solid cast (despite the lack of boy band members)

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Asiina posted:

Um, Season 3 Genius, please stop stealing my games.

No, it's cool, none of the fruits were peanuts

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

busb posted:

Actually Hal was selling peanuts. They're stealing my ideas too the jerks.

I meant on the show! your ideas are safe.

Back on topic: is it weird of me to hope the new noona lady is going to be like Kyungran, only slightly meaner? :allears:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Lugaloco posted:

Gonna be really interesting to see if Ahyoung will get her revenge after being so blatantly betrayed. I don't know what Kyunghoon was thinking. Sure, he won the round but he's screwed long-term with that hanging over him.

Frankly he did exactly what I was thinking someone should do through the later half of the game. She decided all on her own to put her trust in him and the way she kept repeating it felt really manipulative. If you don't want to put any thought or effort into the game that's your problem, or at least try to hide it a little. She redeemed herself in the death match though. The end of it was kind of a facepalm moment for Juri.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I really hope they didn't suddenly remember the existence of copyright laws and decided to get rid of Extreme Ways for good... especially since the replacement seems to be that awful me me me song :sigh:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
He's handsome, he just has really dumb pants.

So how awkward is watching this episode going to be for Ahyoung? :haw:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I don't know if I would go as far as creepy, more along the lines of pathetic. It kinda felt like watching a retarded dog get kicked..

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Random Stranger posted:

Also, so far the games seem designed to not allow a strong bloc to form. For example, the main matches have had teams form out of the game play and trying to cross teams was a problem. And the death match this week let you use an alliance, but the other player could use knowledge of that alliance against you for greater effect.

Not to mention the amount of WIFOM the death match had in the betting parts.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I don't know why you would even compare them, they fill the same role but their styles are totally different.
also, I couldn't stand Hongchul but Dongmin is awesome.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Zythrst posted:

Hongchul was fine, but he was doing too much 'this is variety!' kind of thing. Which doesn't fit well with this show.

I just found his style jarring in general but this is 100% a matter of personal taste.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

sharktamer posted:

So I guess the people who didn't like Hongchul aren't Infinite challenge fans?

I didn't watch that show yet and I'm sure I'd enjoy him in another variety like Running Man, but his style didn't mesh well with The Genius IMO

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I don't think anyone here said he wasn't a good comedian, his style just isn't for everyone :sigh:

Was the Finale tonight Asiina?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Is this the first time both Death Match candidates were picked by the Main Match?
Not letting the DM candidate choose their opponent takes an important part out of the social game, I'm surprised they went with that.

Symbolic Butt posted:

Yeah but I mean, I expected them to create small factions to compete with conflicting plans about who they would push to get first and then immediately follow up to get second place.

Instead they just ganged up on Kang and doctor guy to make sure everyone just survived. Boring.
This is probably a result of what I mentioned above.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It was obvious from his actions but it is a pity they left that out. Maybe they felt death matches aren't meant to be interesting :j:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Don't they earn a lot less in general though? From being a celebrity in Korea I mean

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Dongmin and Sujin are definitely top tier

I agree with this statement.

Fast Luck posted:

Junghoon was quite sharp at Hap Gyul, I was impressed how well he did. Of course, he missed the most obvious one, the first one I saw, but he found a lot of others I wasn't seeing and was quite impressive at it.

That's actually the only one I missed as well, sometimes when you focus too hard the obvious gets lost.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Hweejong wasn't actually an interesting player. He was a novelty and it was starting to wear off.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I still think the biggest problem with this cast is the lack of boy band members :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Is the video in the second half hosed for anyone else? At least at the start