Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

bruinfix posted:

I also wanted to check in and say that this game is awesome. Loved the first episode of season 2. I was also worried that the second season cast would not be as good. I hope Noh Hong-Chul stays for a long time because they need people that are funny to cut down on the tension in the game. I would really like to see Ha Ha on this show based on his cameo from season one.

Might as well put Kwangsoo in it as well..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

EL BROMANCE posted:

I've got 2 episodes of S1 left, and the Tactical Yutnori is absolutely killing me. It doesn't help that the games go on for about 2 hours and are condensed into minutes that make it confusing, and half of me just thinks 'Should I just skip to what appears to be the last few minutes?' and the answer in hindsight is pretty much always 'Yes'.

Didn't get on with that image card game much either, R/P/S (even though I should've been sick of it due to how often its used in RM) and Indian Poker are a lot more 'watchable' from a Western perspective at least.

I like the deathmatch of second last episode.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

SMP posted:

Looking at Bumdidlyumptious' twitter it looks like someone made a text based game out of the food chain game. Too bad it's not in English :(.

Yeah, we could get a goon game going here.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I need to stop watching previews...

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

JakeP posted:

Who would want to go to a death match with him? Anyone who will target Jinho will be subtle about it for sure.

Top of that if you are the one taking Jinho out of the game you are the new threat.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Episode 5 Such a shame that there is only one girl player left now in the game. Laser chess was definitely in Yohwans favor. I would wanted to see how that game would have played out if it was Jinho against him though. Preview for next episode looks promising.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Could it be that the episodes that arrive were only 2-3 episodes behind the shootings and rest of the cast watched newest episode and saw the Safe so now everyone knows where it is in the next episode that we are awaiting to watch eagerly.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

dundun posted:

When the subber said episode 6 is going to be edited, what does that mean? Will we be getting the edited episode, or will it just be edited for future broadcasts in Korea? I don't want to hunt for a raw episode, but my curiousity is killing me and I don't want a watered down version.

The episode that aired had been edited in a way that it's not like every normal episode.

Hint hint. It's very emotional episode.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Episode 6 If there is a season 3 I hope they bring Dohee back if he now wants another shot

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I'm more amazed that we are already 11 pages in this thread.
That being said I wonder who is the first one to betray the 5man alliance.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Tonfa posted:

I was talking about a different reveal, not Sangmin opening the safe. The music I want kicks in when Doohee finds out his token is fake

Skrillex? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Og5ZuyC4Q

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
This show makes my blood boil.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Davincie posted:

he got 'lucky' again. Still Junghyun will crush the bastard.

You typo'd Yohwan

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I just want to see Phil Kheogan and Jeff Probst in this show in a death match against each other.

I still think Phil would win with the eyebrow trick.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Previously on The Genius.

Next Episode is out.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Maduo posted:

I think my biggest takeaway from this episode is Shindong should absolutely come back next season. He was a beast at negotiating and made deals with his bandmates that ensured that he walked away with 1,000,000 won no matter what. That's some Genius level play.

He should absolutely be in the next season along with Ha-ha from Running Man

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Random Stranger posted:

Going into deathmatch I was thinking, "Great, here come Dumb and Dumber." Of course, it was Junghyun who gave Jiwon a strategy that could win at poker before and it turns out that he has one game that he's pretty good at. He was pretty good at reading how Jiwon would play a situation and responding accordingly. So he might be terrible at understanding new games and developing strategies on the fly, but there's one thing that he can play. :v:

It really is Sangmin's game to lose at this point. When the blue alliance completely imploded in the main match (due to Junghyun playing badly, of course) it just demonstrated that no one else in the game is even playing competently.

Quite honest I think it's working in Yohwans favor to have Sangim last another round. Sangim is good with people but he isn't mastermind when it comes to death matches.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
When the season started I kinda wished the finals to be like how they are now but how they got there I am disappointed.

However I will stick with my initial plan and hope Yohwan wins this. Yohwan this is like amazing race or survivor. It doesn't matter how many immunities you win or legs the last episode is what matters so don't gently caress it up like you have done the previous 11 episodes so far

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Genius finale at the same day as survivor starts. At least I have something to look forward to each week.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Well jinho did mention TG3 in his SNL skits but I don't really want him to come back even if he is awesome. I just want all new players.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAH43-XiMCM

When Idiotape starts playing I look around and feel like challenging everyone in Genius.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
It has to be the driver.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Suspicious Dish posted:

Given this promo: (S2 spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzu1fqKY000

I think Jinho will be returning.

Well they need a genius in the cast.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Jinho is really hinting to back in next season of The Genius.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Zythrst posted:

I really hope it isn't as a player. It will just be everbody ganging up on him until he gets eliminated.

I want him back but for the love of something else than god bring competent players as well into the game. We need players that think Jinho is a puppy that can be beaten easily. That way Jinho can have another underdog comeback and redeem that season.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Third season definitely needs some Lazerhawk

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Edit: Everytime there is a post this huge rear end image i posted and ranted about ruined this thread page for everyone so I decided to snip it.

Nexal fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 31, 2014

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Asiina posted:

We did Food Chain for the first game and it went rather well I think!

And a certain person Yohwaned big time. The outcome of that game would have been really different otherwise.

Nexal fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 12, 2014

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Less than month left for the new season. I think I need to re watch season 1 soon.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Also don't miss out on todays Awful Genius game here on SA 7pm EST.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Corn Thongs posted:

The SA Genius game is pretty fascinating to watch, there's already lots of blaming and deception going on :munch:

It's fantastic.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Alright we are back at the right show. That death match was great, but I don't want it to be played again during this season.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
As long as they don't enter the game as participants then I'm fine them coming in as guests and "helping" out.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I'm actually one one here probably who likes the poker game then...

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Superrodan posted:

I didn't think crash, I thought all the stocks would double so anyone who had 1 of a stock suddenly had 2. As in you would be wiser to be holding onto any stock rather than money during that round.

While I agree that this could have happened but I wonder if any participant would have figured out that it's either gonna be one of these two and which one is causing more drama that would be the one that happens which is crash. Greed is a beautiful thing.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Season started great. Then it got bland few episodes and now it's picking up really great towards the end.

Go Mentality King!

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Zythrst posted:

Getting some people from Abnormal Summit would be fun. Tyler Rasch has a 'genius' type image so get him or Enes for maximum hilarity.

Enes you can forget. He is involved in a adultery scandal at the moment.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

pokeyman posted:

Is there a reason that some non-Genius show discussion ends up in here instead of the general Korean TV thread?

I'm not trying to be a dick or backseat mod, I'm honestly curious if there's some connection that I'm missing. And I spend no time in the Korean TV thread, so maybe y'all are staying away from it for whatever reason?

Cause its the same subber who is subbing genius and abnormal for us so that's the main point of relevance. Anything else? Nah

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

CommaToes posted:

Ok, I binged through season 3 over the past few days. I haven't watched seasons 1 or 2 and feel I should go back (even though I'm spoiled on the winners).

Are they as good as Season 3? I really liked this show.

Go and watch Season 1 already. What are you waiting for?
It's so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I want to hear extreme ways atleast once during this season.