Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
And now we've hit that part of the thread cycle where we talk about the state of the thread itself. I completely agree that season 4 probably ruined any chance of an enjoyable thread, and holy poo poo, do I hate actually having an opinion of an Internet message board's thread for a television show.

big mean giraffe posted:

It's sucked for a while now. I haven't even watched the last few.

"Sucked" is a really strong choice of words. Yeah, it's not as good as it used to be, but still would be a lot, lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Ravane posted:

Maybe it's late, but I'm just tired of being stereotyped and being called "human garbage."

It's just felt like a really childish joke and came off as abrasive more than anything.

Perhaps I just internalized the joke and felt offended. I apologize.

Are you actively insulted in real by for being a vegetarian? Or is this just Internet-rage? Either way, anyone that makes fun of a vegetarian to their face is an rear end in a top hat, and probably the same type of people who laugh at people reading books or riding bikes. Simply put, relax, that person is making fun of the rest of us too.

twistedmentat posted:

It's persecuted in the way Christians are persecuted, things they don't like are allowed to exist.

ANYWAYS, I noticed a lot of shows are being renewed, any news for Community's fate?

The latest tv-by-the-numbers news has it as a toss-up between canceled and renewed. But, Sean Saves the World, and The Micheal J. Fox Show are both canceled, so... who knows.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 10, 2014

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Ravane posted:

The reason I internalized it was because I was a really skinny and tiny hindu vegetarian kid in highschool. I got beat up every day and force fed beef simply because seniors knew it was against my religion and that it'd piss me off. Same thing happened to the Jewish kids who didn't eat pork. My high school was pretty intolerant, screw that poo poo. Sorry for the internet rage, I just slipped up. :doh:

Where the gently caress did you go to school? Now I feel bad because real life got involved.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

TealShark posted:

Ratings held at the series-low 1.0 for the third straight week, with 2.89 million viewers. Parks & Rec pulled a 1.1 with 2.73 million viewers, for comparison.

Meanwhile, The Big Bang Theory has been renewed through 2017. The world is not a fair place.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Well, with all these links I know what I'm doing next time I can't find anything on television.

DRAW!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

It's worth watching because it makes the highs of season five that much better. And really though, if you're a Community fan and you really love the show, then you have to admit that season four exists. Anything else is just being smug. If you're watching the entire series, then you might as well just watch it because it's still Community.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

You sound like an woman making excuses for why she stays with her abusive husband. Season 4 is terrible and there's no reason to ever watch it.

Oh my God, you have to shut the gently caress up. You make the worst arguments I have ever seen.

But yes, season 5 is about as Community as Community gets. The character-heavy moments to gimmicks seems to about split 50/50, but don't quote me on that.

Sakarja posted:

Or like a homeless person squatting in Dan Harmon's house and making GBS threads in his living room while he was away on vacation.

That's far more tame than how Dan Harmon thought of it. I remember a beach is definitely involved.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I'm just glad it's shrank down to one or two assholes in this thread making it unbearable. Granted, Irish Joe is in another league of rear end in a top hat. A... season 4 of assholes, if you will.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Pyronic posted:

https://twitter.com/joelmchale/status/446724601423220736

A new D&D episode on Community tonight? sweet

Holy poo poo, it IS Thursday. Working a drat shift schedule makes me lose track of my days and I was 100% sure it was Wednesday and I was working Thursday. Now I can watch Community live and it's the D&D episode with (guest star) David Cross, right?. This is a really special day.

fake edit: Should Community try a live episode? I feel like as a genre approach, that would really be something.

real edit: I just checked that twitter link, it is David Cross.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Loved the close up of Britta's face when her character "died". Just about every reaction in that scene is giffable.

TROLL SOUNDS!

Seriously, that episode was loving amazing. I was laughing the entire time.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I am dumbfounded at the idea of actually getting "six seasons and a movie". Seriously? I remember when it looked like the series might end after season 2 with Pierce leaving the study group after paintball. Community is the most up-and-down relationship I've ever had.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

You're one to talk.

:drat:

Irish Joe posted:

Do? No. Did? Hell yeah. Its not a coincidence that this season feels more like Community's Greatest Hits than a fresh new start. We already had L&O 2, Paintball 4 and D&D 2. In two weeks we're getting Cartoon 3. It'd be nice to get an episode featuring stuff that wasn't done better in the first three seasons.

I'd say you're over-generalizing, but... that's kinda what you do.

Stop raining on our parade. We're gonna our six seasons.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 27, 2014

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

The only better thing would be to get a proper 20 episode season, to give breathing space for new ideas around the inevitable callback type episodes.

However many episodes they get, all I'm concerned with is that this is their chance to actually go into it knowing they can end it all on their terms how they want it. We won't have to settle for another finale that maybe could be the series finale, but maybe not.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Oh... so the G.I. Joe Community isn't on tonight? I am disappointed beyond words.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

swickles posted:

I think they didnt want to go up against March Madness Sweet 16 games.

That's a good idea. It's not like they're normally up against stiff competition on Thursdays at 8/7.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

swickles posted:

March Madness draws more attention and ratings than pretty much any sitcom and it isnt close.

Edit: also pretty much everyone took a hiatus during the Winter Olympics which isnt nearly as popular as mens basketball.

I'm just in the anger stage of grief that comes from no new Community.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

swickles posted:

last weekend had more vasectomies than any other week by more than 50%.

Ummm...

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Didn't the actor get his own show or something?

I'm guessing that they will write him out the show and have Britta take his job.

Or they'll just never show or mention him again. Which Community is apt to do with Greendale professors.

WHERE ARE YOU SLATER?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Did you watch modern Doctor Who episodes or classic Who? (I prefer modern Doctor Who.)

Who cares?

:downsrim:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

When they zoomed in on the sipping of the soup, I thought it was going to be some strange "art" piece of some sort. Or a minor characters type episode. Those would have been wasteful episodes at this point.

You can't deny that an episode that's all the minor characters' stories playing out something like that similar episode of The Simpsons would be amazing. Just sixty seconds or so with each character as it pops around Greendale.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Nah we need a full on Lower Decks episode with Garrett, Vicki, Magnitude and maybe Quendra.

This time they really don't save Garrett.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

superjew posted:

A sixth season of single character episodes written by Dan Harmon and Jim Rash, you say?

Thirty minutes of Shirley having reactions to things not directly happening to her.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

rapeface posted:

Seems like yahoo has renewed Community for another season. Those poor actors. I was really hoping to see them in other things.

Hey dude, we're past that now. We're all being happy.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

My gut reaction to the renewal is similar to yours. This is clearly a bad idea and you'd expect everyone on the cast (and Harmon) would be eager to move on to bigger and better projects. But then you hear about how instrumental Harmon and McHale were in the show's renewal and wonder, "what are they getting out of it?" Are they really in love with the show? Do they think its renewal--on Yahoo! of all places--will benefit their careers? Or is this simply a desperate move by two middle aged men who prefer stability and a known quantity over the development process?

This just in, "actors wanting to act, regardless of the rewards, is a bad idea", says Irish Joe, a man who clearly dosen't seem have passion for anything in his life.

Seriously dude, "what are they getting out of it?" I don't know. Maybe, getting to continue the work they enjoy doing, while being in an environment filled with people they enjoy working with? I don't think any of these actors are trying to become God damned Maryl Strep or anything. These people are comedy actors, and I think by getting to work on a show that has an established record of people calling "funny" is exactly the kind of career they're hoping to have.

You are really grasping here man, maybe you should take a break in the off-season and come back in the fall, fresh-faced and ready to troll anew.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

swickles posted:

Dan Harmon must really fear the development process to make Rick and Morty only a year ago.

That's why he's still working for The Sarah Silverman Project.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Probably pissed she had to turn down whatever jobs she lined up when the cancellation was a sure thing. She, Jacobs and Pudi are locked in, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one "mutually agreed upon departure" before the season starts.

Well it hasn't been THAT long since the show was officially canceled. Did she really get something lined up that fast? Or are you implying that someone would've quit before season 6 regardless of cancellation?

Either way, lazy-speculation aside. I'd imagine that the idea of trying to have the entire season ready to go streaming at once would mean it'll take a lot less time to film. Even if that is a very, very lofty goal since they want to be good to go by the fall.

fakeedit: Also, the Internet? Panicking? Why, I never!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

That Irish Guy posted:

Guys...

I just finished a full series binge wash and I just want to say...

I feel like I just met God.

Or I'm just really drunk right now and don't quite know whats going on

Your first time with Community? This is a special day and you are a lucky, lucky person for picking the right time to get into it.

Being a Community fan in real-time has been the hardest relationship I've ever had.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

At this rate, I won't believe a Community movie is being made until my rear end in a theater watching it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Sony is a multi-billion dollar corporation and Harmon is a multi-millionaire. They shouldn't be asking a bunch of kids and underemployed adults to fund their lovely passion projects.

Ugh, shut the gently caress with your typical choices of adjectives. We get it, you don't like Community anymore.

As for content, I'd throw 20 bucks or so Dan Harmon's way if it helped the movie get made and got me a copy of it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Dan Harmon doesn't exactly strike me as the "extravagant living" type.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I couldn't get through more than the first few episodes of Agents of Shield because of that stuff. You want to watch a show about superheroes ey? Well instead, here's 3 characters who each have 5 Ph.Ds and can :techno: any problem away.

I didn't realize until the end of the season how awkward it must have been filming those kind of scenes with their super-computers, just swiping at empty air over a table until post puts in all the effects.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

God drat. I... I just want movie poster-sized prints of all of them. I could use that poo poo as wall paper.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ashpanash posted:

App Development and Condiments, because come on!

It's even got a loving "and Mitchell Hurwitz as Koogler" credit.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

- Yahoo will release the episodes one-a-week rather than a Netflix-style dump

Thank God. I do not have the self-control needed to not watch them all at once.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I'm rewatching the series & I have officially come around on the Schmitty episode.

Thine eyes have seen the glory. Welcome to the other side, brother.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Had a few dozen episodes on my DVR. In the Fistfull of Paintballs episode, they elude to sequels and a previous paintball episode. For the life of me I cannot find such an episode. Has anyone a number for it?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but "Modern Warfare" is the season one paintball episode. "Paradigms of Human Memory" (the clip show) in season three has a clip to a noir-themed game of paintball that didn't actually happen. And season four's finale had paintball in it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

http://www.leakynews.com/donald-glover-voicing-spider-man-in-disney-xd-series-47093/

Donald Glover is gonna be voicing the Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man in an upcoming animation. It's some kind of new show involving Peter Parker quantum-leap'ing around different realities and meeting different Spider-Men.

So, that's something kinda Community-related, I guess.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Wee Bairns posted:

He finally gets to be Spiderman!

A clip: http://youtu.be/dZz_r9_ZBAI

It's from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, which, from what I hear isn't too good a show. But Glover's voice does sound pretty cool coming of a Spider-Man.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

Whoever came into the IRC channel to complain about Occ while he wasn't even there is a pretty big loser and should consider jumping off a bridge. Thank you that is all.

Are we still talking about Spider-Man? I love Doc Occ. "Spider-Man 2" is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

No Professor Professerson. :colbert:

Did you try searching under "Professorberg"?

• Locked thread