Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Death By The Blues posted:

Re-watching some season 4 episodes, and its worse then I remember. This puppet is plain awful.

I previously stopped after puppets and just caught up. I didn't even stop intentionally or with any sort of angst. I just stopped caring and now I remember why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

El Tortuga posted:

I almost typed Adam Levine, which also would've made for a very different episode.

Oh man would it have :fap:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Guy A. Person posted:

also might make for some funny flashbacks to the "gas leak year"

Eh, I've seen the footage and it's not really great. There's like five hours of it and it's just "meh".

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Troy: Will I get to be a surprise witness? Wait, don't tell me.

"How could he leave Scrubs after all Scrubs did for him?!?"

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

According to Yvette Nicole Brown, Donald laughed harder than anyone else at that line during the table read.

Also, you're really oversensitive if you thought there was any malice in that joke whatsoever.

I mean Donglover is a professional. He's been a writer for years and the Scrubs joke almost seems like something he'd come up with, based on his personality.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

ETB posted:

But what about Troy and Abed and Annie in the mooooorning? :smith:

Annie was always trying too hard.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

El Tortuga posted:

When you think about it though, this is a school that has gotten swept up in three different paintball games, a giant pillow fort, another giant pillow/blanket fort and the following war, and a riot over an A-. It kinda makes sense that at this point the student body is just waiting for reasons to do stuff like this.

I mean before the A- Riot, Fat Neil knocked over a trash can and screamed "It's riot time!". Greendale is clearly always looking for a reason to get out of work a hotbed of revolutionary activity.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

I'm currently rewatching season 2 and I'm not going to start an argument AGAIN about which season was the best, but drat, season 2 is good television. Just finished Abed's uncontrollable Christmas and there wasn't a single episode I felt like skipping, not even the religious documentary one ("ABED").

Is skipping the ABED episode even a thing? How can you not love the religious music chanting and Kaufman jokes?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Sefer posted:

One of the regular cartoons posted in the politicartoons thread is Mallard Fillmore. The author of the comic, Bruce Tinsley, has alcohol issues, so Mallard is generally referred to as being a drunk duck. Mallard Fillmore is also known for forgetting to tell jokes, so I don't know why being drunk would help make a duck more funny. Since Lucky Ducky is the actual funny duck from political cartoons, it's clear the duck isn't poor enough to be funny.

Lucky Ducky :argh:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Tirranek posted:

Hickey's little rant at the beginning made me think that they probably had him going underground at some point to escape it all, but ended up not being able to fit it in. He'd have been like the wise hermit on the mountain (in the basement) who remembers the old days or something.

Yeah, I figured he was the old guy in Logan's Run. The collection of Speculative-sci-fi dystopia tropes was great, in general. Has anyone else produced a similarly good Logan's Run/Brave New World/Zardoz/etc mashup?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

Beyond the Black Rainbow (which someone mentioned before) soooooort of does that, in the way that it's inspired by 70s era SciFi for its aesthetic, but it's more of an art film than anything else, and paced accordingly. I guess Lexx also works off of the same base of fantasy and speculative fiction... You could always read SCUD, which Harmon penned a few storylines for. It is absolutely a surreal post apocalyptic SciFi narrative, and I often see echoes of it in Community and Rick and Morty.

drat, now I want Rick and Morty to do a Zardoz alternate universe episode with Puffy Vagina orgy-porgy and over-propped Car-oh-sell ceremonies.

I'll put Beyond the Black Rainbow on the list too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

frogbs posted:

I really want Dan Harmon and Kanye West to work together. It just makes sense somehow.

They both have that type of crazy talent and insane lack of perspective that makes for a great product. I'd love to see it.

• Locked thread