Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I just watched 1-2. Man it's been a while, I didn't even finish season 4. I wasn't super spergy about it being terrible I just lost interest. Looks promising but I feel like it's a slow running start. It might be because they were cramming so much in a single episode, I mean you got Mike The loving Cleaner who's great and the Nicholas Cage stuff which is interesting but it feels kinda wanting at the end. A good problem to have but yeah hopefully they get their pace down again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also Abed wiggin the gently caress out Nic Cage style is probably the funniest thing Dani Pudi has done

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Anyone have any words on the epilogue of episode 2? Left me scratching my head a bit. I get that their schenaningans were meant to be anti-climactic but...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

What happened? My DVR cut off when easychair-Troy started to move.

You know it's on Hulu right?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bown posted:

Yeah the whole episode I was thinking "man abed should know better than this" Cage is unquestionably great.

Community is like Nicolas Cage. Either you love the Cage or you're wrong.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

While we're on the subject of new study group members, why is Fat Neil always everyone's go to goon of choice?

It's all about Team Garett

Dude's a legit sperglord you can tell

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

If Community does last get a season six, I hope Buzz Hickey stays as part of the "study group." Goddamn I love Jonathan Banks despite the fact he only really plays a curmudgeonly dude.

If the finale has Vince Gil, Giancarlo, Banks, and Aaron Paul + Cranston you call it fan service I call it the best GODDAMN SHUT YOUR loving MOUTH EPISODE BITCH

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

1st AD posted:

It's still kind of creepy to me because the show spends a lot of time infantilizing Annie.

Annie may do what Annie may so just sit back and enjoy the Annie may

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

So tonight has been pretty hyped by critics and cast members, can't deny I have pretty damned high expectations now.

Shut up, can't watch til later :smith:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

http://www.ticketmaster.com/paleyfe...2&minorcatid=16

Do it you punk rear end LA bitches

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bring back Vaughan, and have LL Cool J join him as his partner.

Vaughan: literally the only character more naive than Childish G.

Also can someone explain to me NCIS? Why are Navy loving police kicking down doors in chinatown

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

HOT SQUATS posted:

My new Criminology professor looks and sounds just like Hickey. Jonathan Banks was A+ casting.

proof please

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I liked what they did with the idea though admittedly I probably liked the idea of the episode more than I laughed out loud. By now we're so used to the Total Conversion Mod episode that it's not the shock to the system that Modern Warfare was. This is hardly Call of Duty: Ghosts though :v:

For me the western episode was more forgettable in that regard. Other than the dude from Lost or whatever show being a cowboy dude I couldn't be hosed to remember much else unless I watch it again

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

I was dreading anything Tim and Eric on this show, so whatever it was flying under the radar is just fine with me.

I feel like the whole entire 70s drug trip fashion sense was their idea because that was their entire loving show

70s drug trip

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yo LA bitches Paleyfest again

http://www.ticketmaster.com/PaleyFest-tickets/artist/1101253

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Speaking of Netflix have there actually been hard numbers proving Arrested Development it was a "success"? I know I'm not the only one who found it a bit underwhelming and respect to those who did enjoy it but I've never actually heard anything definitive.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

Netflix doesn't release any hard numbers.

Yeah, I've honestly heard way more about House of Cards than anything else they've done. AD sorta just...happened

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah, biggest hurdle is honestly getting the hype train going again, which is hard without that "what could have been" fire from the fans. I wouldn't mind seeing season 6, but it's hard not to feel like its best episodes are behind it

What about Comedy Central? I don't even know what the hell kinda programming they do besides Daily Show/Colbert and Southpark

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's about time. The show had a great run and I'd rather Dan Harmon put his time and energy behind new projects that are a better fit for his sensibilities and his audience (like Rick and Morty, which pulls similar numbers to Community but is considered a smash hit since it's on cable) than continue to drag along a cynical attempt at a network sitcom that is hemhorraging talent and budget with each new season.

Community: the flash animated season 6 (aka the gimmickiest season)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Or perhaps they could call the movie Season 6 and thus fulfill their obligations

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

YNB is way too talented to not land a sitcom gig somewhere.

She played an underground sort of resistance leader in Repo Men. It was like a bizarro Community episode where she doesn't bother being polite at all. It's a weird rear end movie too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

superjew posted:

A sixth season of single character episodes written by Dan Harmon and Jim Rash, you say?

I'm not expecting this to come back but I made my peace with Futurama at one point and that was a pleasant surprise.

As long as everyone's not older and weirder looking with half the screentime taken by new characters nobody gives a rat's rear end about

swickles posted:

I thought he was doing stuff with Rick and Morty or did that run its course already?

The guy will always have a home at Adult Swim doing any show.

Not sure how much he's involved but Starburns Ind. is working on the animation and coloring. I've been there :getin:

• Locked thread