Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Or we could all wake up tomorrow to a reality where Dr. Who and, by extension, Inspector Spacetime never existed.

That's the best possible scenario for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CPFortest posted:

Goddamn Dan Harmon really hit the ground running didn't he

It's almost as if the showrunner being personally invested in his work instead of viewing it as just another job makes a difference~

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That was loving amazing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Those of us who get to leave, aren't going anywhere.

God I love this show.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I don't know, the Dean used the word "dean" like a dozen times in thirty second speech.

And they've pretty much confirmed the season four bit with him being in love with Jeff. (and not in a covert way).

The Dean loving fainted from seeing Jeff in aviators, it's never been a covert thing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Painful writing. It hurts.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

These letters are loving killing me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

There's gonna be people saying this every week until the finale.

And the same people are going to say the exact opposite every week until the finale :v:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This is amazing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ahahah, Britta :allears:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ov posted:

Also some homosexual in the P&R thread said that this episode and the latest P&R episode had the same plot? I don't understand.

Favors being done for favors.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Death By The Blues posted:

This thread becomes insanely retrospective after everything is said and done and there is a consensus formed from all over. I remember season 3 and season 4 for the most part this thread thought both were decent to really good. And only recently everyone is clamouring that both were terrible with some decent moments.

People only thought season 4 was "good" as it aired because Aatrek made it probatable to post any criticism so a lot of regulars got the gently caress out instead of dealing with that stupid bullshit :ssh:

Unsurprisingly, thread activity imploded.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That's going to be completely inaccessible!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

You're missing out on one of the worst threads in TV/IV since The Office. Also the tie did it. The grey one from the 3rd episode. Totally telegraphed.

I refuse to believe that any thread could be worse than the one that spawned "I acquit".

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That was only the first day :stare:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

Sometimes I forget how good this show is.

It's okay man, season 4 is long gone. We're in a good place now.

Season 5

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I thought their entire show was being horrifically unfunny.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh my loving god.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Community
-A Show Set in Community College

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ahahahah what the gently caress?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Batmasterson posted:

I guess I'm in the minority again liking this episode... but at least we all liked the tag. That was incredible.

I enjoyed it as well. There are episodes that have been funnier overall, but I still found the episode enjoyable overall and got a good laugh out of several of the jokes anyway.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Brocktoon posted:

I'm never gonna argue AGAINST more Community, but wrap-up what?

Yeah, I wouldn't say no to more Community but if this is the end that's fine. There's nothing to wrap up and I enjoyed that it got to go out on a good 5th season instead of the awful 4th.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm glad the show got cancelled if it means I never have to read this one sentence you love reposting ever again.

If he posts it enough, it means he's not the minority opinion here, you see.

Guy spent 3 seasons watching a show he seems to absolutely hate made by someone he despises (and god does he let us know that at every opportunity). Frankly, it's a win if I never have to see it again.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Where did anyone say any of that. Several of us simply enjoyed the last season and wouldn't say no to more. The majority of us understand that the show gets loving terrible ratings and that the only reason we got what we did is because NBC itself is in the shitter.

But hey, keep spouting bullshit and maybe it'll be true. You've been doing it for years now and maybe it'll work out for you eventually.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jummy posted:

Now this is the sort of thing I just don't understand. I mean, I get it that you apparently didn't like it, and that's fine, it's all opinion and people like different things. But not wanting it to come back just because you aren't enjoying it is just such a child's attitude. Well I don't like thing, so no one should get thing! I didn't particularly care for the new Arrested Development, but I know plenty of people did so what does it really matter? If Community finds a new way to air episodes, maybe they'll be good, maybe they'll be poo poo, either way it's pretty certain that at least one person will enjoy them and that doesn't hurt you in any way.

Because people don't know how to just stop loving watching a thing after the point where they have clearly stopped enjoying it, instead insisting on continuing to do so while daring the show on a weekly basis to make them like it. Turns out it makes for an even shittier viewing experience for them, and an even worse thread for everyone else.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

You can stop watching at any time, nobody is holding your feet to this particular fire

But if he stopped watching shows he didn't like he'd have to stop posting entirely!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Banks was fun and David probably will be too so who gives a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cloud Potato posted:

Not exactly. They gave up on the single threads after 409. From the OP:

Thread activity in itself loving plummeted, though.

Granted this is partly because of a mod at the time.

• Locked thread