Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Reading his book, Rob is actually from Philly and he actually doesn't care much about sports.

And all is well in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I am a Geno man. Also Kunitz.

I will have to sigh heavily and glare at you from here, but that's okay.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This popped up in the comic strip thread, and all I could think was "Ramirez"

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Found a thing on GoComics, figure I'll start posting it. Tell me if it's too huge.

This is really pretty good.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Wormbama is evolving into a false morel now.

NO

I don't know what that is, I'm not sure I want to know, don't post it

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

Under normal circumstances I would assume this was just a bog-standard holiday cartoon. Knowing Ramirez though I can't shake the feeling he thinks veterans are thanking people who voted Republican in the midterm elections.

Well, we already had that Republicans-storming-the-beaches comic a page or two ago.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

disagrees.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

Dumb and so God damned donkeys.

I may not be the best person to do it, but I goddamn well did it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

He wants $80,000 for his racist bird pictures. Jesus Christ.

I didn't click on that link so I assumed it was Tinsley. Whoops.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

loquacius posted:

Man, Big Business Mr. Moneybags guy sure is adamant about the reality of climate change!

No, see, he's not moneybags, he's a liberal pinhead in a suit! Totally different. See, there, he's complaining with a sign instead of creating jobs.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mister Beeg posted:

Few more Ron Cobb cartoons:

This dude is utterly brutal, and I love it.

...when I'm not crying into my sleeve over how doomed we are.

However, I totally want a Firestorm Mach 8 in every video game. Every. There is no game that cannot be improved by a muscle car of doom.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm just so, so tired of all this.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

No, the reference doesn't make any sense.

It's a victory for justice, see!

(vomit)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

gently caress the Leafs forever.

poo poo, what'd they do now? You basically have to strangle somebody to get hockey news in the US before March or so.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Small Frozen Thing posted:

carry on then has a hatred for fat people that borders on pathological, so I don't know if I trust their statements on proper eating habits.

Edit: I'm thin as a twig and 4'9", and even I need around 700 a day to avoid getting light-headed, and i'm pretty much sedentary. That number is absurdly low.

I am amazed that people can remember which goons have weirdass biases like this. I'm not judging, it's important, I'm just saying I used all that brainspace years ago on things like R.E.M. b-sides and I've got no room left. Usually, that's what redtitles are for, I guess.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SedanChair posted:

I-isn't that a little on the nose?

I actually went and did an edit based on this comment where I added a bunch of arrows and a big label saying THIS loving GUY RIGHT HERE (as in 'there's your on-the-nose for Ramirez'), but I depressed myself too much to actually post it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm catching up on the thread, and I'm finding it amazing how much cartoonists are going off on Al Sharpton, like he's done much of anything besides give a couple speeches. The cartoons would have you think he's declared race war and guillotined the governor already.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I used to live next door to this guy, every Saturday morning, I'd hear what sounded like an oompah band coming through the walls.

doomp doomp doomp doomp doomp doomp doomp doomp

I didn't put it together until way later, when I saw him loading his bass amp up into his truck, he was practicing, and played something in the Tejano/Norteño vein.

There's not much of a point to this story other than I thought doomp doomp was pretty funny.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

....but he still has a 40% approval rating?

SILENT MAJORITY, they cry.

Over and over again.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chamale posted:

Time has done a lot of these group Person Of The Year lately. I'd rather see it go to Kent Brantly as an individual, or Malala Yousafzai, or Vitali Klitschko, rather than any named group. "You" was the dumbest ever version of this poo poo, but I think it's silly whenever Time does this.

Wait, the fighter? I know he's in politics (or is that his brother), but has he legitimately done good poo poo lately?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chamale posted:

Mayor of Kiev, and a leader of the Euromaidan movement.

Of course, he'll have to fight John Cena for The Onion's award.

No poo poo. Well, alright then.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The person responsible for the tragic cartoons of Michael Ramirez.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Of course if you know how the republican 1928 majority actually turned out this really shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

I'm having a dumb moment. What should I be looking up to read more on this?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Huh. I had no idea the two were related. I am Bad at History.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hey, 1500.

efb

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh man, I love this. I imagine Rubio's making like a fog horn noise as flames shoot out of his mouth.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Krinkle posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10152001
Why is your version upside down? It's even a better comparison the right way?

e: no wait why is your quoted post upsidedown. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I just cut out the last panel. The person who quoted me thought an upside-down Philippe mouth looked more like the mouth in the editorial cartoon. I have no idea why.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

rosemary

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Gilganixon posted:

I like this one though:

Why the hell do they all have different logos on their uniforms?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Is the gay abortion thread open yet? I honestly can't remember seeing if it was linked previously or not.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Webcomic threads have literally never been just about posting the bad, which is why Gunnerkrigg updates got posted back when it was in PHIZ (p. sure in YCS too?)

sorry no gunnerkrigg is bad

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Grondoth posted:

These don't exist anymore.

What, racist shitheads? You lie.

Brainbread posted:

- Features of Young Earth & Solar System: Titan shouldn't have Methane because if its over than 10 million years old.

wait what?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Brainbread posted:

Sorry, lots of writing and re-writing and reading what I meant to say and not what I said. This is what I was trying to refer to.

"Titan’s calculated upper limit ‘age’ could be even younger than 10 million years. Clearly this is contrary to the billions-of-years age for the solar system."

To which wikipedia says

"Energy from the Sun should have converted all traces of methane in Titan's atmosphere into more complex hydrocarbons within 50 million years—a short time compared to the age of the Solar System. This suggests that methane must be replenished by a reservoir on or within Titan itself.[44] The ultimate origin of the methane in its atmosphere may be its interior, released via eruptions from cryovolcanoes"

TL;DR: If you pretend there are no other ways Titan could have Methane, then it would have to be under 50 million years of age. Therefore God.

Oh, rad. Okay.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I think I just saw the arm of Rob Rogers on Sunday Night Football. They're in Pittsburgh, and were showing a little bit of the cartooning museum there coming out of a break, and there was someone drawing a really familiar-looking Superman on an easel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Bender posted:

What does he even want the "media" to do? Just outright call for murder?

uh, yeah, duh

• Locked thread