Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Warcabbit posted:

I'm not going to lie. The US went a little... crazy... after 9/11. We did a very bad thing, and we were lied to, and we believed it because we were crazy.

What's Putin's excuse?

But don't you know that literal nazis are now in charge in Ukraine and kill Russians left and right? Or at least that's what some people believe. You can almost say those people are lied to...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

pd187 posted:

Good morning everyone.

And that soldier's name was... Ronald Reagan.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Post 9-11 User posted:

Paging whoever has the gif of Mallard Fillmore turning kerr-BLACK! While trying to found it I found this lovely thing:

Braw tumor?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, non-American here.

I've been reading this thread for about thirty pages now and can someone explain what is the deal with this Muir guy? I realise I can miss the joke because I'm unfamiliar with some political event or whatever, but most of the time I can kind of grasp what the cartoonist was trying to say (especially when they do the courtesy of clearly labeling everything). Yet with Muir I simply have no idea of what is happening in his comics. Is he insane or something?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hey, have you been wanting more Ted Rall in your life?

Oh. Well, I already uploaded these cartoons he made for the LA Times, so I might as well post them.

I'M DUMB AND SO GODDAMN CRAZY!!

I feel as if this is a rejected idea from Rall's nationally syndicated cartoons.

I don't want to admit it, but I found this one pretty funny.

Just look at that cop. He's having a blast loving around with that suicidal man.

I assume we're supposed to think that guy's an idiot, because of his shirt.

Someone tell Rall BitCoin isn't a physical coin.

This really is an actual thing some jackass is trying to get on the ballot. I dunno about other states with the initiative system, but in California every two years there is guaranteed to be at least one insane proposition floated that's too mental to get the required signatures, let alone pass. Last year I think it was abolishing divorce. This year the six-states initiative will be joined in the looney bin with an initiative to create pro-discrimination laws even wider than what Arizona proposed, and a measure to assign a state representative to every 5,000 people (if you've ever wondered why you always hear about some nutcase state senator from New Hampshire, it's because they have that exact system. Of course, with CA's population that'd total 7,400 assembly members.)

Also pot. Every election there's an initiative to legalize pot.

My question is: Why is the LA Sheriff's department using iMacs?

So many Putins in this post...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh god that Putin face is like something from The Wall!!!!

:stonk:

Who's the other supposed to be? Is it Brezhnev or just a completely indistinguishable Russian stereotype?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think the 'joke' here is that Beyonce performed the national anthem during Obama's inauguration.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Putin wearing a suit? Now that's a novel idea.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Manuel Calavera posted:

"that country" :shepface:

Nixon, get off the line, I was calling Putin.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Let's move?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I don't... What? Birth control gave her an STD? Is this a critique of people who do not support Obamacare for stupid reasons?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wanamingo posted:

It's also a parody of this poorly thought out pro-ACA ad.

Ok, now it makes some sense. Still a very bad political cartoon, though. On par with the original ad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Xander77 posted:

Quaint but proud ethnic minorities, join our side!

I absolutely love the text on this one.

'Comrades Muslims! Under the green banner of the Prophet you conquered your steppes and your villages. Enemies of the people have taken your fields away from you. Now under the red banner of Workers and Peasants' revolution and under the star the army of all oppressed you must gather from East and from West, from South and from North. Saddle your horses and join regiments of military training programme.'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Xander77 posted:

Aww, I thought you were translating the text at the bottom at first. I'd love to get a translation on some of those.

It's the same thing in Arabic, I guess. It has exclamation marks in same places.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bloodnose posted:

okay okay, settle down guys. I know you've been clamoring for a Hong Kong update so here you go. Get off my back already:

I wanted to discuss some of this with my friend in China, but imgur is banned there, apparently. :smith: And I'm pretty sure it was working just a month ago.

Cool post, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bloodnose posted:

If your friend lives in mainland China and doesn't have a VPN then he is really bad at China!

He works for a huge state-owned corporation that deals with natural resources, so he's a bit paranoid about VPNs. Don't know how justified he is in that, though.

• Locked thread