Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
You'd think that when you're at the point where you're saying "Hey maybe those Nazis are okay after all!" that you'd stop and ask what the gently caress is wrong with you, but Freep just embraces it wholeheartedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

You mean the people who chose to deny the divinity of Christ the Lord? :catholic:

Seriously, I thought the whole point of Christianity and the New Covenant was that the chosen people were the people who chose to accept Christ, not any specific race of people.

Paul says in Romans that salvation through Jesus is "first to the Jew, then the Gentile," mostly because the Jews are still God's chosen people. Some Christians (though not many I'd wager) even believe that as long as Jews keep the Law, that they can still be saved.

Still even the ones who think that Jews are going to Hell because of their rejection of Jesus still point to Old Testament verses that say that God is with Israel and any nation that's against Israel is against God, and that God still loves them and they are his chosen people even if they're damned to suffer for eternity and so he just really hopes they all come to Jesus.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I remember ages ago in the big chick tracks thread looking up a bible verse that in the track said "And Jesus spoke "He who pracitices homosexuality may lay waste to the land and will be destroyed by my father" but when I looked up the actual passage it was something like "and Jesus look down and saw his sandal was undone and did it and continued to the market" or something else really blanal.

My favorite one of those was in the rock music tract where he had a guy say "God wants you to burn everything you have associated with rock music!" and there was a verse attached to it. I knew there was no way that the Bible literally said that, so I looked up the verse and it turned out to say something like "Some people collected a bunch of scrolls and burned them and they were worth a bunch of gold."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Obastard doesn’t usually fly with the dogs. It’s against his religion. Dogs are unclean, according to Islamic teaching.

So it's perfectly fine for Obama to play with his dogs and live with them, but flying with them is forbidden. Got it. :psyduck:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

These statist fools believe that the Civil War was about slavery. Even Lincoln wasn’t in favor of freeing them.

Oh cool! So I guess Freepers will stop saying that the Republicans are the party that ended slavery and that Lincoln is proof the Dems are racist, right? :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was surprised to see a couple of (relatively) accurate posts in that soccer thread.

quote:

Soccer flourishes because it is inexpensive to play.

This is actually fairly true I've heard, since soccer doesn't really require more than a ball it's easily played almost anywhere. This I think is part of the reason why there was an outcry against instant replay being implemented in soccer.

I mean I realize his point was "Soccer is only popular because those poor countries can't afford better sports" but still.

quote:

However, the low scoring we hear about in soccer - a 3 to 2 soccer match is not much different than a 21 to 14 football game. Still just 5 scores in the game.

This is also slightly accurate, though there's more ways to score in football than just a touchdown, and even a touchdown has two parts to the score, but if touchdowns weren't worth six points then you'd have 3-2 football games as well. And then there's baseball which depending on how the fielders play can also have really low-scoring games, but I don't hear Freepers complaining about that.

However...

quote:

Football is, if anything, more popular now that it was back then and Soccer's popularity (or lack thereof) is virtually unchanged.

Well, I guess he's partially right, soccer's popularity as the world's most popular sport is virtually unchanged. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

I love the Iron Man movies but it seems like it's an odd pick to brag about, especially on freep. They're not great movies, just entertaining, and they aren't some bastion of conservative fiction like Atlas Shrugged.

Iron Man 2 comes off at least a little bit libertarian/conservative with Tony Stark going into a government hearing and laying down sick burns on them and then walking out to applause from the crowd.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

Yeah, a real shame we can't create concentration camps and oppress people more easily

Those liberals are all Nazis, they want to bring back concentration camps!

Anyway let me tell you about how FDR was right to put the Japanese in concentration camps and why we should continue doing that with other minorities.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I do love it when Freep is split on how to respond to something.

"That reporter was a liberal jerk and Grimm was right to show spine and stand up to him!"

"No, that makes him as bad as a Democrat!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

This dude's been a Freeper since 2003 and he's making some interesting posts in the Coke thread...

quote:

Offensive. What are we the United Nations of America?
I know! Fortunately, our ancestors weren't immigrants!

[picture of a Native American]

130 posted on 2/2/2014 10:58:48 PM by Alter Kaker (Gravitation is a theory, not a fact. It should be approached with an open mind...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

Not a fan of the ad, nor of Asiatic and Latin hordes polluting our nation.
Jawohl! Now since when did FreeRepublic become StormFront?

131 posted on 2/2/2014 11:04:34 PM by Alter Kaker (Gravitation is a theory, not a fact. It should be approached with an open mind...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 118 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

Resigning yourself to only drink Pepsi is punishment enough I guess.

Except that as someone even pointed out over there, Pepsi supports the gay agenda so they were already boycotting Pepsi. The one Freeper who said that their daughter would only drink Pepsi from now on dropped that quick when it was pointed out and said they'd be switching to RC Cola. I guess there's the generic brands too.

Though I'm not surprised that not every Freeper is up on what they're supposed to boycott. It's come up before with things like search engines and computers.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Dems want all the gay dollars they get.

I'll take any dollars, gay, straight, doesn't matter to me. What's the exchange rate between gay dollars and regular dollars?

VirtualStranger posted:

According to Wikipedia:

Yeah, because God said he'd never destroy the world with a flood again, fears that the ice caps will melt and flood the world are obviously ridiculous.

Actually for many fundamentalists the belief is that the world cannot be destroyed through any means, because humanity obviously has to be around for the second coming. Therefore we can do whatever we want to the planet since making ourselves extinct is an impossibility.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Little Blackfly posted:

Even if a flood that literally wipes out all life on earth won't happen, do they think that no floods will happen?

I remember Conservapedia pulling some bullshit that "MSM won't refer to them as floods, just flooding, because calling them floods would be admitting that the Great Flood was fact."

They obviously can't believe that no floods will happen, but the logic seems to be that God will never again send a global flood. Since global warming implies a global flood, then clearly the Bible says this is impossible and so any claims that it will happen are atheist lies. They obviously think even if another global flood did happen, that it wouldn't wipe out all life or humanity (because they're present at the apocalypse), but they think a global flood at all, even one that only wiped out 20% of the human population, is still impossible because God promised no more global floods.

So their position is even IF global warming is real, it doesn't matter because global flooding is impossible. They'll also probably use an analogy of an ice cube floating in your drink doesn't make the drink overflow when it melts, so ice caps melting won't cause a rise in sea level.

quote:

Even if it wouldn't render humanity literally extinct, does the possibility of untold destruction and inconceivable amounts of human suffering not bother them at all, or is it all moot in the grand end-season match between god and satan? Who cares how much pain we cause now, Jesus is coming eventually, so everything will be fine?

"Well when the tribulation happens everyone left on earth will suffer and die anyway so global warming doesn't even matter. Heck, maybe the people who die in it got off lucky because they won't live to suffer even worse!"

Or they could be like my mom, who when she hears about horrible tragedies happening in the world, says "Well the Bible says that the world will get worse until Jesus comes back and we can't do anything to stop it, so oh well." :smith:

E-Tank posted:

There actually are, but that means it's a *good* thing because once the tribulation hits all the good little christians go to heaven. So if anything they want it to come even faster.

While I don't think that most fundamentalists believe it, there may be an element of "If we gently caress up the world enough then God will be forced to do the second coming before the world gets destroyed." Maybe only the extremest of the extremists believe that. But most fundies believe Revelation is more or less an accurate telling of the future, and that the temple needs to be reconstructed in Jerusalem before the second coming will happen. Since the world can't end before the temple is rebuilt, then logically nothing we do to the planet can damage it or threaten humanity in any way before then.

Usually the ones that want the tribulation to come faster are the ones trying to get the temple rebuilt since it's a big requirement for the end times.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

I wonder how freep would react when you pointed out that, under their more money = more votes system, Jay-Z's one vote alone would outweigh all of freep combined?

Don't forget George Soros! He'd have what, 20 billion votes? I bet Freep would love that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

made of bees posted:

That's a disturbing implication of that comparison that I don't think a lot of people even notice. It's bad enough to vilify gay people like that, but it also sounds like they don't really have any idea pedophilia is harmful, they just think it's 'gross' the same as they do homosexuality.

I think it was Slacktivist that explained why fundamentalists and the like are always comparing bestiality and pedophilia to homosexuality, it's because they understand sex differently than we do. Whereas we base it on the ability to consent, they base it on the idea of sin. I think he used some sort of box analogy.

So to us, we can say it's obvious an animal or child can't consent, and thus is wrong, but an adult male can consent to another adult male, so there's no problem there. To them, "man and woman" is right, whereas everything else is sin. To them, bestiality, pedophilia, and homosexuality are all sins and therefore all the same, which is why they constantly compare them. Because to their point of view, one's the same as another, and why they firmly believe that allowing gays to be accepted will lead to marrying toasters and sheep, because to them we're just legalizing sin, which means we will of course legalize all sin eventually. They can't wrap their heads around the fact that others base it on consent.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

What a week. First it was Thomas Sowell blasting away at Sen. Cruz. Then Ann Coulter. Now its Mona Charen?

Good. Now we know who’s clearly in the RINO camp.

Wait, does this mean Thomas Sowell is no longer "one of the good ones?"

I actually hadn't heard about this, though, but I have no doubt that they'll treat him like MLK: trot him out as a champion of their cause when the conversation is about race, and decry him as a RINO when it isn't.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

E-Tank posted:

Ever since then their anger has basically been pouring out unabated and will probably keep up until either the heat death of the universe, or a republican manages to re-take office.

Even if a Republican manages to win the presidency, they'll still be full of anger because they'll blame Congress for anything going wrong and "We need to get those drat DEMONRATS out of Congress!" and also calling anyone who dares to criticize the president a treasonous traitor because this is AMERICA and you need to stand behind your president and give him your full support even if you don't like him.*

*NOTE: does not apply to Democrat presidents

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Little Blackfly posted:

no one I know actually believes unions were poo poo from the get go.

You're one of the lucky ones then, the subject of unions came up today on another site I go to and there was no shortage of people who claimed that unions have always been corrupt greedy thugs who harmed workers and business alike, and that all the things that unions get credit for accomplishing were things that the businesses were already in the process of doing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's actually that Jesus is God as part of the Trinity (one God, three persons) and therefore if Old Testament God said it then by definition Jesus and the Holy Spirit also said it. That's how they can claim that Jesus said being gay is wrong.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

To: Altura Ct.

And that, students, is why blacks need affirmative action and all conservatives are racist.

8 posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:50:12 AM by servo1969

This but unironically.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Specifically, if you ask someone, "What evidence would it take for you to be convinced your conclusion is in error?" and they haven't an answer, haven't even thought about it, are in complete denial that such a thing could exist, then you aren't dealing with science, but dogma. We're dealing with dogma here.

And we all know the only moral dogma is my dogma.

quote:

It is Christian to wish ill tidings on Evil.

Ah yes, good ol' Matthew 5:43-44, where Jesus says "You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ And I say to you that is completely correct."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Everyday Lurker posted:

Poverty? "Poor people are lazy."

This one has to have a footnote that says "Unless white, then victim of government meddling and persecution."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

Or how about divorce in the bible? The bible's biggest, most obvious retcon: "so god, I thought you said divorce wasn't cool? "
"Uh... you weren't ready. But you're totally ready now guys. For reals."

You have it backwards actually. The story is that Jesus was asked if it was lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason. Jesus responded that it is written that the two shall become one flesh and to let no one separate what God joined together. Their response was "But Moses said you could divorce your wife!" and Jesus responded "It was because you guys were stubborn idiots so Moses let you do it, but I'm telling you if you divorce your wife for any reason but unfaithfulness and marry someone else then you're an adulterer."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

The minimum wage is totally contrary to God’s Revealed Word and is a direct assault on liberty.

Hmm, I wonder if this Freeper feels the same way about weekly/biweekly paychecks, since Deuteronomy 24 explicitly states:

14 You shall not withhold the wages of poor and needy laborers, whether other Israelites or aliens who reside in your land in one of your towns. 15 You shall pay them their wages daily before sunset, because they are poor and their livelihood depends on them; otherwise they might cry to the Lord against you, and you would incur guilt.

The answer is of course they don't feel the same way about that because they haven't actually read the bible and don't give a poo poo about what it says.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

To: doc1019
Revolt is coming.

63 posted on 4/5/2014 9:04:08 AM by Biggirl (“Go, do not be afraid, and serve”-Pope Francis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

So is this all Biggirl ever posts? This is the only thing I can remember ever seeing at least.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I'm pretty sure that I've seen Freepers say that the concept of racism didn't exist until Leninism or something, and therefore racism was invented by leftists.

OAquinas posted:

Basically, as long as you don't say the n-word you're not racist or a bad person.

Freep has a simplified understanding of racism that basically boils down to you can only be racist if you say "I hate blacks because their skin color is black." To them even if you say the n-word it's not necessarily racist, and they'll reference that Chris Rock bit to try and support it (a bit that Chris Rock has said he'll never do again because of racists using it to justify their racism). Though of course they'll steer clear of actually saying the word and delete posts that have it because despite this they're still aware they'll look bad if they say it outright.

But yeah their understanding of it means that as far as they're concerned saying the things they do is just "telling it like it is" and not actually racist.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

Well, they have something in common with Stormfront then:

Ah yeah it was Trotsky, not Lenin. Whoops.

Erenthal posted:

EDIT: Freepers that do know a thing or two about running websites and the associated costs wisely shut up about it, because questioning the budget or wanting to see expense reports will result in swift zotting and public shaming for not possessing faith in the cause.

Wasn't there a thing on the Freep Facebook when the site went down where a guy said it was really strange that it cost so much to run the server and that he could host it for much less?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

As was mentioned earlier while Freep and Stormfront are completely opposite on the position of Israel, there's quite a bit of antisemitism on Freep. It comes from the fact that they don't so much like Jews as Israel is a necessary thing to bring about the Second Coming in their minds, so they have to support Israel so that the tribulation/rapture/end of the world can happen.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Islam, LDS, Kwanzaa, Wiccans, and Satanists

One of these things is not like the others...

Man, that one guy saying he had a laugh at Lockett suffering just...this thread, sometimes. :smith:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

To: ElkGroveDan
Here’s the money shot;”the legitimate redistribution of economic benefits by the state”. This has nothing to do with Christianity and less to do with capitalism.
This is as indefensible as the “sign of Peace” or praying at Mass holding hands. We’re the Catholic Church, not a hippie commune.

29 posted on 05/09/2014 7:29:27 AM PDT by steve8714 (Islam is militant. Atheism is militant. Where is my Catholic Church?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies ]

I love it when Catholic Freepers show complete ignorance of what Catholic doctrine says.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What kind of communist, god hating, bullshit is this 'render unto Cesar what is Cesar's'?!

Even better Romans 13 literally says:

6 For the same reason you also pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, busy with this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is due them—taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.

Ninjasaurus posted:

"Armageddon is seriously almost here guys, so the human race might as well just stop procreating."

Paul actually unironically says this in 1 Corinthians 7 near the end of the passage. Paul was of the belief that Jesus was going to return soon and that things like marriage and having kids were completely pointless, so he said it's better for people to stay unmarried virgins (but if they couldn't control their urges getting married was still okay).

pengun101 posted:

Seems everyone's favorite troll has also raised her head to jump on this subject. I am sure freep will love it.

Hasn't Ann Coulter already been called a RINO by Freep?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

We don’t need to talk about race. Someones race is inconsequential

he said, before launching into a rant about how their race makes them subhuman.

Ah well even if that post was horrifying I got a kick out of Freepers saying that OAS was actually a liberal false flag because their goal was to overthrow the government, and true conservatives would never call for that. :allears:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

To: cva66snipe
It’s also Agenda 21. Make it too expensive for poor people to drive their own vehicles. It would eliminate rural poor altogether.

14 posted on 5/17/2014 8:48:24 AM by Black Agnes

It's so cute when Freepers pretend they care about the poor. :allears:

quote:

The Obamas are the kiss of death to any business or business person who foolishly consorts with them

They're right you know, I remember how Subway closed down because Michelle Obama did something with them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well, the rural poor AKA white people like them.

Believe it or not Freep has attacked even the white poor, I think I remember it happening in a thread about West Virginia. I distinctly remember being surprised about it since I always assumed their hatred of the poor was because of racism and that white poors were "the good ones."

Pohl posted:

Think about the last time something made you sick, or you even suspected that something made you sick; how long was it before you ate it again?

One time I got sick off gummi bears, not even because they were bad, I just ate too much of them, even hearing the words "gummi bears" made me feel nauseous for a couple of years after that.

Oddly though gummi worms were totally fine even during that time.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hate to be the one to break it to you but they've been posting like that more at least a couple years.

Hasn't there been at least one instance of a Freeper either linking to or directly quoting from Chimpout? I feel like that happened anyway.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

"Obamaphones" are a product of a Reagan-era program to provide the impoverished with phones.

Under Bush I believe they changed it to cell phones (because it's more convenient and not more expensive). Because Obama is now President it becomes objectionable, so Obamaphones.

I think a reason why it might have suddenly become objectionable is because phones have gotten more advanced (and cheaper) since Bush was President. Freepers and their kind might have been somewhat okay with a bare-bones flip phone for the poor (though they would still complain) but now that smartphones are cheap (and in some cases free) it's a sign that the poor is "living in luxury" on their tax dollars since why should THEY get a free phone that can surf the internet and check email and play music? It should just be able to make phone calls and that's it!

It's the same reason why they say food stamps should only be able to buy bags of beans and rice.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

What baffles me is that the 10 commandments clearly forbid porn and yet you have these people there its not only okay but healthy and good for marriages.

How do they even reconcile these things?

The ten commandments also forbid killing/murder and you've seen how often Freep fantasizes about gunning down blacks. The answer is that they use religion as a club to beat other people over the head with and don't really give a poo poo about what that religion actually says.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

GO FOR IT SEATTLE~!!!

WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HOW SUCCESSFUL IT IS AT RAISING YOUR STANDARD OF LIVING

SHOW US THE WAY

This but unironically.

Anyway after hearing on the news this morning that our former governor Bob McDonnell and his wife will be tried for federal corruption charges (and their request for separate trials was denied), I wondered if Freepers had anything to say about it. Apparently, no. The only articles I could find relating to McDonnell were from two months ago talking about his staffers lobbying on Medicaid, and from January back when they originally pleaded not guilty.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

OBAMA WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING?

OBAMA WHY ARE YOU DOING SOMETHING?

:argh:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Don’t know the 5th guy, Smith but he’s a Dem so he can’t be worth a damned.

All I can think of is that episode of Simpsons where Ned Flanders snaps. "I don't know who you are but I'm sure you're a jerk!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Well the Berlin Wall was built by socialists/communists which as we all know are liberal.

• Locked thread