Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ili
Jul 26, 2003

It would be good to see Carney wind up under a no bullshit, hard work type coach like Bellamy or Bennett. He's still got a few good years in him if he can get off the piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

loving broncos got ripped off again. Sharks were shithouse all year before getting enormous motivation in the week before the game up here, now they've imploded a few days after and will be back to their easybeat ways. Someone get Tooves on the blower because there needs to be an investigation.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Cody Walker should be back from injury soon too, wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start in the 6.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

loving useless tigers.

It's bad that the autocorrect in my phone nowadays suggests "tigers" after "useless".

Why bad? Seems like a useful and time-saving feature to me.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I usually get sick of all the whinging about refs from fans of the losing team but the consistency of bullshit calls against the Tigers just boggles the mind.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That is just terrible, although it will be interesting to see whether it helps the NRL make inroads with the fat-greasy-nerd-who-is-afraid-of -girls-and-lives-with-his-parents market.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Tigers should totally fire Wobbie for being a tanty-throwing, coach-sacking primadonna who thinks he's bigger than the club. But they put up with Benji's bullshit for years so unlikely they'll hitch up their daddy pants and tell Farrah to fall in to line or gently caress right off.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Smorgasbord posted:

Both games turned out to be poo poo.

Yeah but the commentary made up for it in the Brisbane/Manly game. Rae made a brilliant solo effort and banged on for 5 minutes about who was going to Cairns and how his best mate Ray didn't like to fly. Throw in calling Alex Glenn Alex Chan and confusing Ben Barba with Daniel Vidot and it's one of the best calls of the year.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Josh Reynolds is a filthy filth sack filled with filth and grubs, a low cheating grubby shitstain even by the admirably low standards set by rugby league players. It's illustrative that he is the cheapest grubbiest player on a team captained by Michael loving Ennis.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

ili fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 8, 2014

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Smorgasbord posted:

Reynolds got 1 week for the Thaiday kick, 2 weeks for the trip, 80 odd carryover points for next time. That's really week especially for the Barba incident.

Jesus that's incredibly soft. 1 week for deliberately kicking a bloke square in the face?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kick someone in the face? No sinbin. Ankle tap? No sinbin. Scream and swear at the ref while throwing elbows in every tackle? No sinbin.
But by crikey if you're onside and make a tackle you'll be sitting down for ten.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Vale Taters

ili
Jul 26, 2003

How can that be neither a penalty try or a sin binning?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I could kiss Soward right now. Get that into you, Cunts.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

AAP reporting Potter has been given the arse.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

ShoeFly posted:

I work in sports, so I occasionally hear rumours floating around between the offices...

The latest one is that Ricky Stuart put his Yarralumla house (Kevin Rudd's old digs, no less) up on the market recently, and has been linked with the Tigers.

Surely the board aren't that suicidal? As a Raiders fan, I have my fingers crossed.

As funny as the Sticky Tigers would be it's unlikely. My inside word is that one R. Farah is going to be captain/coach of the Tigers next year.

ili fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 17, 2014

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Anyone interested in going to the Dally Ms? I may have two free tickets and can't go because it's my farewell from work on the same night (still can't believe I'm moving to Brisbane :suicide:). Will have to see if they pan out but assuming I get them I should have them soon and need to find an outlet for them.

Also just won a signed framed Blues jersey from this series so it's a good day all round :D! Except for the general clusterfuck at Tigers HQ, obviously...

You've picked the perfect time to move here. With the return of WB and a couple of additions to the squad the mighty broncos are poised to be premiers 2015. There's still plenty of space on the bandwagon so climb aboard!

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That last pass looked forward

ili
Jul 26, 2003

gently caress me sideways with a Saab, so many blatant gifts to the Cunts.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

MiniSune posted:

As the Cows got everything the prior 20 - 30.

It's bullshit, and Hayne does it every time. He gives some massive leg ups to sides getting flogged. The clusterfuck ending was pure Hayne.

Burn the Refs, salt the earth.

Except for the blatant forward passes, late shots on JT and Ashton Sims, and a penalty for SBW knocking on but not for the clearest shepherd tjis decade.

E: might have misinterpreted your point there, but I'll leave my post here because gently caress the refs and gently caress the roosters.

ili fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 19, 2014

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Not confirmed yet, but now the Seagles have finished throwing up the remnants of Mad Monday decisions might be made in the next month or so. Apparently Whatmough is on 900k or something loltastic for next year, due to the type of backended contract normal clubs aren't allowed to use, so Manly might be keen to send him packing. Plus apparently he's got a problem with DCE, who despite earning only a fraction of Whatmough's pay is personally responsible for Glenn Stewart being forced out by cap space pressure. So if he tries to force the club to choose between an overpaid halfwit poo poo-stirring semi-good second rower with injury issues and their new golden boy future captain future state and country halfback Whatbro will be on the bus soon enough.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah it's interesting the refs have just remembered the edict about fast play tge balls from the beginning of the year.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Souths are going to win one, then the mighty Broncos will win the next three in a row.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jeez that kid who got Luke Bailey didn't look very happy.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

Was Ashley Harrison like insane skinny?

Aye, usually you'd expect a player to pork it up in retirement but he's slimmed way down.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

How's that not a sin bin?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Hey Tigers fans, the Broncos signed James Gavet. Is he any good? I'm sure I recall his name from a few games this year but buggered if I can remember how well he played.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

MiniSune posted:

Young kid, but plenty of potential and to me made good meters this season.

Actually what I meant to write was JESUS loving CHRIST YOU STUPID loving TIGERS.

Cheers mate, that's exactly what we need. The Broncos must have one of the weakest packs in the NRL at the moment.
I was getting worried, if he got released while Adam Blair keeps his job I figured he might be a bit poo poo.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The Hoff is a great winger, a safe fullback who might be ok behind two gun creative halves but can't add to backline movements, and any coach thinking of playing him at 5/8 should be shot. In the first half of the season he threw maybe three or four passes, and those were at times he should have run the ball instead. Every time he should pass he runs instead.
Pros: can catch
Cons: can't pass.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

What a cracking game of footy. Hopefully the Aus v NZ game is as exciting.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blair is a loving oval office though.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jono C posted:

Looks like Barba is moving to the Sharks. So much for trying to live close to his family.

It's an easy shot and I've seen a few make similar comments. But the facts are he and his partner were on the rocks and she moved up here to be near her family, and he moved up here to be near her and their kids. They reconciled this year and just had their third kid last week, so it's a reasonable assumption that she doesn't need to be in Brisbane any more and can move with him back to the Shire, which apparently is where they lived when he was at the Bulldogs.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Hoping Samoa win so we can see Poms v Kiwis again.

E: gently caress it's on delay? Bunch of pricks. I'd best get out of here until thr game's over then.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

loving Adam loving Bleh. Sure he might get back to somewhere near his Storm form at a more structured club like the Broncos, but still. Don't want him, don't need him and it sets a dangerous precedent. Before you know it we'll be signing Chris Sandow.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Smorgasbord posted:

Nah I think it's a good signing for Brisbane, Blair played well last season and was great for the Kiwis. Broncos have a massive gap in their squad where the front rowers should be so they needed to sign somebody

Sure I get your points but still disappointed that the somebody was Adam Blair. I don't see any Tigers fans rending their clothes and wailing in abject despair at the loss of a popular and well-performing player. We just booted our very own Martin Kennedy but then turned around a bought the Wests Tiger's version as his replacement.

Still he's here now and hopefully shows what he's capable of at a club where the coach, captain, staff and board are all actually working together.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jono C posted:

Losing Hannant confuses me, I know he wasn't great last year but I'd still take a chance on him.

Aye, I wanted Hannant to stay. He hasn't been superb lately but when firing he was a good rep front rower. But then I heard he went and played a local grade rugby union match for a central Queensland team during a bye week this year without getting permission from or even informing the club. If that's true it would explain why we didn't even offer him a cheap contract.

E: the Broncos definitely have different u20s jerseys to the NRL ones. I thought every club did?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

As someone who snapped their Achilles there is no way Boyd will be back in six months. It's a terrible loving injury. I didn't get back playing football for well over a year. Admittedly I didn't have the medical care that will be avauilable to Boyd nor am I a professional athlete but I'd be very surprised if you see much of him at all next season if those reports are correct.
Hodges came back from his second achilles in ~7 months I believe, and he's older and far more injury prone than Boyd. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a return mid-season.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Two weekend home games, one of which starts at 8pm. Looks like there's no point getting a ticketed Broncos membership for my kid and I this year.

E: and the home game's against the Tigers too. Could this day get any worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

And the Broncos apparently have the hardest. I'm sure within minutes someone will find a way to spin that as the Broncos getting an easy ride yet again.

• Locked thread