Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
The part of the site that checks your credit rating and plan information before letting you have the monthly payment plan is occasionally broken like that, from what I can tell. It was going to make me pay full price for my dad's top-spec iphone 6s+ last year, then I waited a few days and it went back to normal.

My dilemma is that my Jump! isn't up until March 26. :( Hopefully this doesn't dick me out of the free year of Netflix, but I think I'm boned on the free extra GearVR.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Sounds like one of them can be your Jump 1.0 upgrade, but you have to activate a new line for the free phone, and the new line can be under Jump 2.0 at your discretion.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Got my free pizza, will probably collect the free frosty on my way off of work today. Decided to skip on the Warcraft tix, tho. gently caress that noise.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Yeah they updated the expiry dates to cover all of Wednesday. Except for the Warcraft ticket.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Burden posted:

From what I have gathered they don't have Band 12 (extended range LTE) in Chicago and that is why the signal quality is poor and the building penetration is bad. They should be getting it soon though. https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/t-mobile-secures-new-spectrum-to-deliver-extended-range-lte-to-chicago-area.htm

Awwwww yissssssss. I get decent T-Mo speeds out in the burbs but depending on where I'm at in the city it's a crapshoot. I don't know if their overall capacity is saturated as well though--I've been able to get high speeds (> 100Mbit) at the lakefront before but now struggle at 3-5 Mbit.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I want to jump to One now but I've got 5 lines and only 2 of them are unlimited data and 3 of them have Jump, and then there's the 3 tablets. I might come out ahead slightly if I convert to One and take all the tablets off the plan, but it's hard to math out the differences.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Meydey posted:

Woo! Free T-Mobile Valentines Day socks on the T-Mobile Tuesday app today. Offer limited, must pick up in-store.

Also some bs 25% off Papa Johns discount.

And a lottery-based free Papa Johns.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

isndl posted:

There's no way to save money if you're an existing customer with 3 lines on the Simple Choice plan. Can't do the 20% off deal, can't switch to ONE because the plan jumps to $140 with a third line, can't cancel an existing line for the free line because that voids eligibility, being on Simple Choice means getting the free line and waiting the year before I can cancel a line without voiding the free credit will cost me $60 in taxes minimum.

I am not feeling Thanked, T-Mobile. I already lost a $5 credit a couple years back when I switched the account into my name and lost out on the extra share of stock because it technically was a new account. :smith:

Ya, at SC with 5 lines, not all of which I care to have on more than baseline amounts of LTE data, and multiple ipads on free data, the One plan doesn't benefit me at all, especially once you factor in the grandfathered employer discount I'd probably lose in the switch.

Maybe they'll have a good promo for switchers I can jump on next year.

:sigh:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Maneki Neko posted:

Well, according to the reps on twitter it is there I just can't see it on my plan page, which isn't super confidence inspiring. I do still have my promotion ID and the full chat log I guess in case I need to get bitchy later.

My plan page also doesn't list my government discount, but it's taken out on my actual bill.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

CascadeBeta posted:

So I'm on a family line with a phone that no longer boots (Last AT&T update screwed my phone's software something fierce and it's 3 months out of warranty) and I figure it's time to get away from AT&T. I saw in the OP that one of the requirements for trade in is that the phone must "turn on". Technically it turns on but it's stuck with bad firmware that I can't seem to flash back to a less recent stock ROM. Is booting part of the "turn on" bit? :v:

The alternative is paying AT&T $280 for a new phone and gently caress that.

Pay AT&T for some lovely rear end burner phone and trade that one in. Or whatever cheapest thing T-Mo will take.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 3, 2017

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Rip that free One Plus thing, I finally got around to doing the conversion after getting back in the country and it's gone. Oh well still gonna sit on my old plan until they come up with a sensible pricing tier or a new promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Well my jump return got delayed somewhere so tmo was going to dock me ~$400 of the return estimate, and my USPS receipt went through the wash. That's fun.

I called them up and they said they would reexamine the warehouse records so hopefully that works out.

On the other hand the phone representative gave me the option of free OnePlus if I switched from my old Unlimited so I went ahead and did that.