Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

England Sucks posted:

T-Mobile loving dropped the ball on the iPhone 6 being unlocked. Pisses me of.

What? Are you complaining that it is unlocked, or complaining that you think it isn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
Isn't Harbor Mobile a better deal? You basically get all the perks of TMobile (music freedom, international data) plus 2.5GB for $30/mo.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005

nimper posted:

Music freedom? Really. You got a source for that?

Can't link directly to it, but there's a section here:

https://www.harbormobile.com/faq/

quote:

Is the T-Mobile #MUSICFREEDOM (no data cap on music streaming) included?
YES!

T-Mobile is setting music free. Stream as much music as you want on your smartphone from top streaming services, including Google Play Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, iTunes Radio, Rhapsody, Slacker, Spotify, AccuRadio, Black Planet, Grooveshark, Radio Paradise, Rdio and Songza, Milk Music, Xbox Music, SoundCloud, RadioTunes, Digitally Imported, Fit Radio, Fresca Radio, JAZZRADIO, Live365, Mad Genius Radio, radioPup, radio.com, ROCKRADIO and Saavn - and it won’t count towards your 4G LTE data plan. Data charges do not apply!

Please note, that access to the actual music streaming services are NOT included, rather just that the data which they use will not count towards your high speed data allotment of your plan.

International Roaming

quote:

Give me all I need to know about roaming overseas, like can I roam for extended periods of time?
Standard speeds approx. 128 Kbps. No tethering. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming or misuse. Texting and data are included in all plans. Voice use is not permitted while roaming internationally over the cellular network.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005

Jose Pointero posted:

Blegh. Well thanks for the info. It still seems like it was cheaper back then though, I think I had an AT&T plan that was $70-80 and I never worried about data. Now it seems everyone is charging considerably more for tiered data plans and tacking on extra for the phone.

Oh well, I guess I'll just get a used Nexus on amazon or something and hope it isn't a lemon, then do the 'bring your own phone' option.

Everyone will have their opinion, but this seems like a pretty good deal to me:

http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/7982077

Also check out cricket, which is cheap and runs on AT&t's network.

Edit:just reread and saw 13gb data. That's 100% on mobile, or mobile/wifi shared?

clockworx fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 18, 2015

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
Weird question - Is it possible to take advantage of the lower Jump On Demand pricing but pay all up front? I'm on a shared business plan and would like to take advantage of the pricing, but it can't be charged to the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
If I buy a used T-Mo iPhone that is fully paid off, can I request an unlock? T-Mo's unlocking website seems to imply that the answer is no (can only be requested by original purchaser/financier), but that seems like BS.