Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
You know, I'm gonna say a thing. A thing that some people will get angry at.

BDSM is loving weird. If you are into it, you are a messed up person that should look into getting help. Ok Thank you for listening to my post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was going to encourage this, however, its not the fire risk, its something else.

For whatever reason, if the police come to your door, and hear music with the occasional sob, how do you, Mr. Roommate, explain the woman chained to the bed?

I am normally all for this kind of poo poo, but being responsible, especially solely responsible if poo poo goes down? Don't be there if he isn't.

Also, call the police for giggles while you arn't home.

edit: The above poster is terrible and no, being into any BDSM doesn't make you anything. Being bad at BDSM is what makes you bad, like anything else. Like being a bad poster, like the poster above.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Taima posted:

You know, I'm gonna say a thing. A thing that some people will get angry at.

BDSM is loving weird. If you are into it, you are a messed up person that should look into getting help. Ok Thank you for listening to my post!

People are loving weird. If people do loving weird stuff in a safe, sane and consensual way, why would they need help?

The OPs flatmate is an asshat. That doesn't mean everyone into the same things as him is. And this is coming from someone close enough to vanilla on the spectrum that I've never even had or caused a bruise the morning after sex.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Masonity posted:

People are loving weird. If people do loving weird stuff in a safe, sane and consensual way, why would they need help?

The OPs flatmate is an asshat. That doesn't mean everyone into the same things as him is. And this is coming from someone close enough to vanilla on the spectrum that I've never even had or caused a bruise the morning after sex.

Can we not do this in this thread? That guy only posted to start a huge derail

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Fatkraken posted:

Can we not do this in this thread? That guy only posted to start a huge derail

You wanna throw down or what?

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

:d: :d: :d:

Yellow Jackson posted:

They've done some stuff before but it's not like he tells us much about it. I know she keeps a dog cage at her place that she gets in when he comes over there. As for Mike himself, he's not dumpy or anything, but he's got a (mild) stutter which he's kinda upset about. I didn't ask about the food/toilet break logistics.

The more you tell us about them, the worse this idea seems. Plenty of others have covered how this can go wrong in different emergencies, so I'll add: what about everyday ways this can go wrong? Like, how is she going to tell friends/family/coworkers/[any other people who might need to get hold of her], "Hey, I won't be able to reply to texts, calls, emails or letters for 2.5 days due to being in crappy handcuffs"? Things like that.

Talking to Mike is going to be uncomfortable, but don't put it off. Talk to James about why this is a stupid and dangerous idea so he's on the same wavelength, then the two of you go press that upon Mike. Let him know that it's not about him wanting to do bondage, but rather that he wants to go about it in an incredibly unsafe way. Get the ball rolling now -- if he doesn't agree at first, after a few days it should sink in.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
You need to put your foot down on this OP.

You should also leave a phone or something hidden near the bed post, so you can post more updates call the police when the creep chains you to the bed in retaliation.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

hi all this is mikes girlfriend jen desperately bashing a soiled riding crop against a keyboard with my mouth. just wanted to say that this is all in good fun and that you guys should stop being such prudes. also OP if I manage to break down the door and rush towards you wrists bloodied and crying for help, please understand that it is all part of the fantasy and kindly rebind my flailing body

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Ern Malley posted:

The more you tell us about them, the worse this idea seems. Plenty of others have covered how this can go wrong in different emergencies, so I'll add: what about everyday ways this can go wrong? Like, how is she going to tell friends/family/coworkers/[any other people who might need to get hold of her], "Hey, I won't be able to reply to texts, calls, emails or letters for 2.5 days due to being in crappy handcuffs"? Things like that.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if she said something like that. She wears a collar that would be hard to pass off as something not indended for a dog, and sometimes Mike has led her around on leash in public (just going around in town doing normal stuff, shopping and so on).

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Yellow Jackson posted:

I don't think anyone would be surprised if she said something like that. She wears a collar that would be hard to pass off as something not indended for a dog, and sometimes Mike has led her around on leash in public (just going around in town doing normal stuff, shopping and so on).

:laffo:

So are you planning on speaking to your roommate at all? You don't seem to be weighing in on how you feel about what people have been suggesting.

Though I don't mind the stories because gently caress they're hilarious.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp
I am going to talk to him, yes.

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

When are you going to talk to him? What's your backup plan if he decides to go through with it anyway?

Also, how did this fun, fascinating pair meet?

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Yellow Jackson posted:

if you tell him anything less than "gently caress off" then you're a nutless idiot

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Yellow Jackson posted:

I share an apartment with two other people, Mike and James. For the past year everything has been going great. We all get along fine, have similar interests and personalities, and we've been dividing the housework fairly between us.

This is my favorite part of this thread. The very very beginning. The sort of desperate, implicit logic on OP's part. The faintest of hopes that if he just gets out there that 'they fairly divide up the housework' then maybe he'll have convinced himself and us that this isn't actually a huge goddamned problem and that he won't have to assert himself like an adult human being.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Ern Malley posted:

When are you going to talk to him? What's your backup plan if he decides to go through with it anyway?

Also, how did this fun, fascinating pair meet?

Pretty soon. I don't really have a back up plan, except just be clear about how I feel and make sure to get James on my side.

As for how they met it's sort of embarrassing, but she's the younger sister of Mike's (former) A.A sponsor.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Yellow Jackson posted:

Pretty soon. I don't really have a back up plan, except just be clear about how I feel and make sure to get James on my side.

As for how they met it's sort of embarrassing, but she's the younger sister of Mike's (former) A.A sponsor.

Former, sponsor? Did he get mad and cut off him after he found out he was dog caging his sister?

Ohhh boy this girl's issues, I have no idea where to even begin with any of this. Like any of this.

Is Mike sober?

Veskit fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 13, 2014

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Yellow Jackson posted:

mike here. I dont know why the OP dragged his feet on this so much i'm a pretty reasonable guy. as soon as i heard his meek, child-like knocking at the door i immediately dislodged my suspension piercings, unzipped my leather mask and temporarily released jen's limp form from the cold steel grasp of the iron maiden. OP and I are hashing it out now I'm sure he'll tell you guys how he came around soon :)

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Yellow Jackson posted:

dude owns, girlfriend owns, everything owns

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I don't even care about the sex poo poo, if my roomate told me he was going to leave the house but keep his stereo blaring all day and night I would say no. What the gently caress.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I don't even care about the sex poo poo, if my roomate told me he was going to leave the house but keep his stereo blaring all day and night I would say no. What the gently caress.

Yeah I don't get why you consented to listening to one Beethoven track all day, OP. Care to shed some light on this?

Yellow Jackson posted:

How can every detail of this story be so drat funny? Is this an elaborate troll or is this real life?

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Veskit posted:

Is Mike sober?

He doesn't touch alcohol anymore, nor does he smoke, no caffeine and he's vegetarian. I think that's basically straight edge, except he doesn't listen to punk or whatever.

Fisticuffs posted:

Yeah I don't get why you consented to listening to one Beethoven track all day, OP. Care to shed some light on this?

Well, I don't know if he's actually going to loop Beethovens fifth or if he's going to put on a playlist or what the plan is. It was just an example since it was the first piece of classical music I could think of and he's really into Beethoven.

Yellow Jackson fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 13, 2014

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Yellow Jackson posted:

He doesn't touch alcohol anymore, nor does he smoke, no caffeine and he's vegetarian. I think that's basically straight edge, except he doesn't listen to punk or whatever.

That's called being sober.

When did these two meet? Did he lose his sponsor because of this? How long have these two been dating?

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

Yellow Jackson posted:

When you talk with him (and "pretty soon" had better be "the first time I can get us three roomies together asap", which I hope is tonight), discuss all the possibilities for danger, not just your feelings. Blaring Beethoven for two-and-a-half days sucks on its own, but he's pairing it with a good chance of serious injury. Him going away for long stretches unfairly involves you and James. And maybe tell him this sounds like the scenario for a murder.
Edit: I mean that locking up a lady with music blaring that covers up any noises sounds like something they'd recount on a true crime show, and I don't mean you should imply you're going to stab Mike.

How did you meet this guy? Was he a friend of yours before being your housemate?

Ern Malley fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 13, 2014

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Man, and I hate it when i see mom's lead their toddlers around with those leash things that are artfully shaped like a monkey or whatever.

e: when he's leaving be sure to set out a dog bowl next to her and wink at the BF knowingly. Maybe say this is really hot or something. Perhaps he'll not want you sharing his/her 'moment' and stop.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 13, 2014

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Veskit posted:

That's called being sober.

When did these two meet? Did he lose his sponsor because of this? How long have these two been dating?

When I said former sponsor I mean former as in deceased, and he started dating Jen after that so no, he didn't lose his sponsor as a result of dating her.

Ern Malley posted:

How did you meet this guy? Was he a friend of yours before being your housemate?

Me and James knew each other from before, and Mike is a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend of James's.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Yellow Jackson posted:

When I said former sponsor I mean former as in deceased, and he started dating Jen after that so no, he didn't lose his sponsor as a result of dating her.

Me and James knew each other from before, and Mike is a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend of James's.

Wait, so he met Jen at the funeral or what?

Ern Malley
Nov 11, 2005

Did Mike kill his sponsor?

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Yellow Jackson posted:

Well, I don't know if he's actually going to loop Beethovens fifth or if he's going to put on a playlist or what the plan is. It was just an example since it was the first piece of classical music I could think of and he's really into Beethoven.

What is your problem? It doesn't matter what music it is. Why would you consent to your roommate blaring ANYTHING over a stereo for hours on end?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Yellow Jackson posted:

How long have they been dating?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Dear lord, literally every single post reveals a new rabbit hole at the bottom of the last rabbit hole this thread has lead us down.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Dog cage, collar, ex AA sponsor who is now dead...

I might know this family. Is the AA Sponsor's name Brian?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Fatkraken posted:

Dear lord, literally every single post reveals a new rabbit hole at the bottom of the last rabbit hole this thread has lead us down.

Yes, this is magic. It's like Horrible Decision Theater.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Ern Malley posted:

Did Mike kill his sponsor?

Maybe he chained his sponsor to a bed and left for the weekend.

History could be repeating itself, OP.

Vira
Mar 6, 2007
So you cool with your mugshot making national news if poo poo were to go down?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This happened in the movie "Spun". This chick played by Blondie ends up rescuing the girl then they go to a convenience store to buy beer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYAW2CwvXU

Smash your roommate in the face with a six pack.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Yellow Jackson posted:

I've so known this exact type of girl before & this exact type of unhealthy & dangerously inept D/s relationship and trust me OP, you do not want in on that police report. They both sound like textbook examples of BDSM red flags & you should not be trusting either of them to carry out this deeply stupid plan.

This isn't really about sex, it's about dumb people making dangerous plans & then attempting to involve you in their dumb & dangerous plans. A Dom would NEVER tie a sub to a bed and leave, that is insane & dangerous. A crazy person who didn't care if his girlfriend lived or died, sure but not a Dom. What they are planning isn't a BDSM scene so don't feel like you're being prudish about their sex life, they might think it is but they are wrong & dumb & dangerously inept. They have clearly done zero research on safe BDSM play so do not trust any of their assurances that they know what they are doing because the fact they hatched this plan to begin with proves these are not people to trust to the details of a dangerous sex game. The whole "Mike will be popping in and out of the house during this time, leaving her alone for long stretches." says they haven't thought out the health or legal ramifications of their DEEPLY STUPID PLAN and they certainly haven't considered how it might effect anyone else in the apartment. Good roommates don't put you in this kind of position, you should not be having to worry about possible future kidnapping or wrongful death charges because your roommate can't spend 15 minutes googling how to safely satiate his unhealthy control fetish. Really can't stress enough how much I feel you should insist on Mike not going ahead with his plan at the apartment. Let him give his girlfriend yeast infections & dislocated shoulders in the privacy of her apartment, hotel room, van, abandoned shack, etc. and not involve you in what could be a very inconvenient visit from cops and/or paramedics.

Also, if this was some type of therapy for him wouldn't it make more sense for his gf to lock him in a trunk for a weekend & ask you guys to just ignore his crying & the blaring music while she fucks off for a few hours?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
You're in too deep now. You have to keep this going and give us live updates about the trip report

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

THE MACHO MAN posted:

You're in too deep now. You have to keep this going and give us live updates about the trip report

I'd like to see this evolve into enhanced interrogation techniques.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
I like how busted this guys ideas of boundries and adult shared spaces is.

Also that you are even bothering your little head about it, rather than instantly saying "What? gently caress no and gently caress you for asking. No, you cannot leave your music or your slut or your cooking or your scrapbook project unattended and ask us to take up the slack. The gently caress is wrong with your brain?"

If his girlfriend is in the house, for any reason, tied up or not, he should goddamn well be there and be responsible. If he leaves, the girlfriend leaves with him. He should also invest in some headphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

A Dom would NEVER tie a sub to a bed and leave, that is insane & dangerous. A crazy person who didn't care if his girlfriend lived or died, sure but not a Dom.

No True Domsman

• Locked thread