Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

If concrete run-off is included in track width, I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

George Zimmer posted:

There is all sorts of crazy in the comments. Holy hell. But yeah, Verizon as a title sponsor would be totes fantastic.

Those comments are indiana.txt.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

harperdc posted:

Do it at IMS for maximum Haterade value.

Where else would you do it?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:drat:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My bad if this has already been posted, but GRID 2 and DLC are on sale: http://store.steampowered.com/app/44350/

GRID 2 and the IndyCar Pack DLC (IMS and the DW12) come out to $12.56 USD.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

animeliker posted:

Alfa would be a good choice. They could redeem their image in Indycar, last time it didn't go so well.

I wonder if Toyota, Mazda, or Nissan would be interested.

Seeing an engine nick-named an Alfa-Cossie would be :3: as gently caress.

Of the three, I see Mazda as the most interested due to their engining of most the feeder series. Once/If Mazda secures the rights for Indy Lights, watch for Zoom-Zoom stepping up to the big show not much later.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

RHR broke Juan's loving head.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

devmd01 posted:

Only if Jimmie mans the gently caress up and does the double. :colbert:

Wives ruin so many great dreams.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The track lap videos have gotten noticeably better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1Y2xZaqIk

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Can anybody re-post the image from the 1970's of Robin Miller holding the pit board? I have a t-shirt to make.

vv :hfive:

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 31, 2014

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Shameless self promotion for my iRacing league going into Season Two: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3621266

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

I would not understand why one would be a recent convert though.

Marketing.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Chump Car does have the better name.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Townsend Bell is driving the 500 again this year. :3:

http://www.indycar.com/News/2014/04/4-12-Bell-to-drive-in-Indy-500-for-KVSH-Racing

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I was 12 at the time and I remember Indy feeling very different after the split. The local news played it off like CART betrayed the 500 and we were better off without them.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

VikingSkull posted:

I was like 16 and I think I was loving my girlfriend or high or something.

Truly the best way to handle the situation.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

More grumbles on Cosworth and ICS: http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/103016-chevrolet-says-cosworth-would-be-welcome-in-indycar

Fiat Cosworth, anyone?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I think we'd all like Ford back, but with their push to more production based racing engines (if I'm remembering correctly), we're more likely to see an FCA brand.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:slick:

e: content

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 1, 2014

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

1995 owned.

The light was yellow, Scott. I could see that poo poo from Stand J.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

He really wanted to take advantage of that Burger King sponsorship.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

About standing starts: What difficulties would McLaren have coding in some sort of launch control functions into the ECUs?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

By the way, I'm afraid I have to speak sacrilege. I stopped by Mug 'n Bun after the race and I've had better tenderloins.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'll be in LA for the 500 this year. :smith:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Iracing just released the DW12!!!

Something to look forward to when I'm off my current shift rotation :unsmith:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Racer.com posted:

NASCAR driver Parker Kligerman is considering a switch to IndyCar as he continues to evaluate his options following the sale of his Cup team Swan Racing earlier this year.

[...]

The 23-year-old is continuing to look for opportunities to return to the cockpit full time, and while visiting Indianapolis Motor Speedway during preparations for the Indianapolis 500 he admitted that open-wheelers could be a potential avenue in the future.

"I actually started racing in open-wheel cars," he said. "I did Formula Renault [in] my first ever season, and Skip Barber. I wanted to go over to Europe, but just couldn't afford it. Stock car (racing) was a place you could go as a young kid and get an opportunity. I was able to take that opportunity and get to the top of that sport.

"I have a love for open-wheel cars and it's something that me and my manager Bob Perona have talked about. I've been given a bit of a vacation right now, so I'm taking the opportunity as a race fan and a racer to see what's out there and what the possibilities are."
http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/103703-kligerman-considering-indycar-switch

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I know this is awful, but I was watching the 1997 500 last night and I was getting nostalgic for the G-Force GF01 chassis.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BMB5150 posted:

Did you watch the Sunday and Monday coverage. You want full immersion there son.

I was in Stand C for Sunday and Monday. :v:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

Why did Tony George do that?

gently caress I miss Lolas.

Because Tony George.

gently caress Tony George.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

KingShibby posted:

Did I mention he's shirtless?

You are in Indiana.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Memorial Day weekend is the best weekend.

Grayly Squirrel posted:

So I've still never been to a race but this is arguably a bigger deal than buying a tickets.

Look what came in the mail!

You know what you must do.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

USAC is so terrible it's amazing that the split didn't happen sooner. I guess CART was willing to deal with it for one race, but not IRL instead.

CART were barely able to put with them for one race. They only put up with USAC because they officiated the 500.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bitching again about how I'm in Long Beach but not for Long Beach. :c

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The People's Oval

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Team Lada would legit own.

e: Why aren't manufacturer teams a thing in IndyCar?

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 25, 2014

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I thought there were at least 2 in Europe (Rockingham and Lausitzring)

This is correct.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That's it for Graham.

And I'd call Tony done too.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 25, 2014

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

dee eight posted:

Green to checker would be loving cool.

Yeah, I just jinxed it.

Caution on lap 190 with a gently caress finish. :v:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kimball's beetus brings out the first yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Troy Queef posted:

Hell, Kimball didn't even really get damaged that much: looks like all he'll need is a new nosecone/front wing. Even the crashes today are clean.

Nah. You can see on the replays that the front left suspension broke. It might be fixable, though.

• Locked thread