Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

:gizz: Heeeeeeeelllll yeah new thread!!!!! and girl cats in addition to our cat girls!!! :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Zierham posted:

Is she? Everyone seems to drool over Byakko-Haku while Leilan seems underwhelming? Sure, you get Red which makes for easy delay, but you don't get dark which is easy XP and tons of gravity, and light is harder for XP, and green seems generally underwhelming in terms of the chinese colors (most folks seem to use a Susano or get it from a sub-color). Sure I can build a mono-red team with a splash from Valk or go heavier light with Zeus when gravity is needed, but it still feels like it's a bit forced compared to Byakko's natural synergy (Gravity galore from dark, echidna for easy red, and lots of dark brings blue off-color such as DJ, Vamp, etc)... combine that with dark being unresistable while Fire stalls against water, and Light being a (in my experience) more common color for descends than green such that a dark byakko team is both easy to build and routinely more powerful.

Am I missing something?

Well...you may be right that Byakko is "better" or easier than Leilan for the reasons you pointed out, but right now you already have a Leilan, whereas theres no guarantee you'd pull a Byakko or something better, if you tried to rereoll (without like 1000x attempts). I would assume Leilan is perfectly usable for a lot of the game, again for the reasons you outlined. 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush, right?

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

BGrifter posted:

It's actually pretty Healer team friendly if you have a high level one. Robin is also an option with the lack of healing orbs and a few good Light subs but may end up costing a few stones.

Ra/Kirin/U&Y or something similar are certainly idea though yeah.

Yep you really don't need that swoll of a team to do Satan - I used my crappy leveled Kirin team who barely had 10K hp and 1 stoned satan. I could of 0-stoned if I was a little better at matching, too. I'm definitely going to run the poo poo out of it when its up to get a cerberus and kraken who will both go nicely in my monoblue and monodark/satan teams, respectively.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

aherdofpenguins posted:

What's so good about Dark Meta that people want her for. Leader? Sub? For people who want her, what kind of team are you trying to put together?

Either as leader or sub. Great leader skill, great skill, great awakenings (6 of em). Typically made up of team of black attack type monsters (hypo rider, hanzo, batman, etc)

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ThermoPhysical posted:

Welp. Heroes kicked my rear end soundly in the very first round.

http://www.padherder.com/user/ThermoPhysical/

Anyone know of a good team I can construct with this to go through that dungeon to hopefully pick up Berserk and Highlander?

All your monsters are severely underleveled. You could get through 2 heroes but it would cost you a pretty-stone. But think about it this way - even if you complete the dungeon twice and get highlander and berserker...how would you level either of them up, when you haven't even leveled up your monsters you already have? Even though you may WANT them now, you won't be able to use them for a while, dude.

Just wait till next month when it rolls around again.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Huh I just noticed that Goemon doesnt start tomorrow - it starts Wednesday - and neither the wiki nor pdx have anything scheduled for tomorrow...

:frogsiren: SPECULATION TIME! :frogsiren:

Special event or just a day without anything during an event?? Cmon Gungho, free tamadra!

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Karnegal posted:

Took a crack at Heroes, which was my first descended Freyer 2/Phoenix Knight 2/Echidna 3/Gigas 2/Uriel 1/Friend Max Busty Ares. I cleared wave 1 in two turns, The masks were spread across two times, but I killed the green one in one shot and then skilled up. I cleared level 3 in 1 shot. The vampires were 3/3/2 which was probably about the best I could get. I used Echidna and managed to get 1 vampire on 3 dead before it went off. After a lot of sneaking in damage while getting to full, I had 1 vampire with minimal life, so I skilled back up until a cascade killed it 5 turns early. I was worried going into the final wave, but I killed highlander in one shot and then took forever to grind out Berserk. That gave me a berserk (my last heartbreaker) and allowed me to clear the 10 boxes of slimes that I'd been saving. To unimpressively skill him to 3.

So first go was 0 stone with some luck on vamps. Still pretty excited about this one.

Congrats dude, but don't knock going 3/10 on skillups...that is very good. I went 0/30 on sieg skill-ups so be glad you don't have that kinda non-luck!

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

e: Aww I don't have Dino Rider. He's the only one I'm missing!

I wonder if this is the first time "Dino Rider" and "missing" have been uttered in conjunction.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Troll post, there's no way we're getting super golds. :colbert:

Also the dates/day dont match (2/8 is saturday, not friday...) = confirmed troll

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

They call this 2x king appearance rate? :mad:

I don't even really need all this light XP, but gently caress it, I'll probably keep a dozen or so of the little guys around for when I get around to leveling up Valk.

Yeah double rate still doesn't mean poo poo. Source - 8 gold dragon runs, 3 kings (and 0/2 tamadra drops was nice too!).

2x near 0% is still 0% unfortunately.

Pad. :swoon:

Edit - you guys see this? http://2p.com/4256484_1/Puzzle-and-Dragons-New-Limited-Dungeon-for-TAMADRA-Baby-by-flamedust.htm

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 7, 2014

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Ugh. Does Vampire even appear in Castle of Satan? Not even talking about getting him, just wanna know he exists and it's not some sort of cosmic joke.

Yeah he does exist. Horrendous drop rate though. Better to just wait for Lightless Devil's nest or Two heroes or something with higher drop rate.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Dj Meow Mix posted:

As happy as I am to be getting more Tamadra I have no idea what to do with them. What should I prioritize?

http://www.padherder.com/user/tsuko/monsters/

Holy poo poo you have 3 of the REM pieces for a DA metatron team...save your tamadra and use them all on DA meta once you level it up, man! You'll be so happy you did once you get that whole team leveled. Gryps and hanzo too, yikes.

Edit - Jeez dude. Or any of your 3 AA metas and make a killer healer team that can incorporate your Bastet, too

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 11, 2014

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

OBi posted:

We were blessed with a weekend of 1/2 stamina weekend dungeon a couple months ago and it took me from 1 to 12 million gold and almost all the way to 100 stamina from maybe ~80? I probably put in 10 hours of playing though.

God I want that to return. I was a relatively new player then and didn't fully grasp how amazing that was, and didn't run it nearly enough. After probably 6 months I just finally hit 100 stam...I definitely took my time.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Huh. For some reason I glanced over the fact that lightning holy dragon gets healer sub-type when busty'd. I'd noticed that the dark dragon ripper got devil but hadn't noticed the lightning guy. For someone like me who only has the healer-girls as healing subs (and who evo'd lightning drag all the way when a noob) I think I'll busty lightning drag...probably not a type priority but will be a nice hp boost to my gimpy healer team.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Vahalla posted:

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever calculated the Stamina/+egg in the popular +egg farming spots?

Also do Tamadra invade Super Kings or just the regular Gem/Metal Dragons? Have some blue mons to level and today is a great day to burn a few stones doing it, so I'm curious.

I think there is a spreadsheet on the puzzleanddragons forums, but I couldn't find it after a few minutes of searching.

Also, anecdotally, that chinese player referenced a few posts ago, who ranked to 460 in 460 days or something and had many hundreds of + eggs on all his monsters - his findings were that the most plus eggs (outside of OoH) can be found from the last stage of the T5 dungeons. And I've been running those since reading about that and can say that I more often than not get + eggs from a last-stage T5 run.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Decided to skip extreme dragon rush. I would need a stone to get the stone so maybe next time. Used my stamina for another trifruit run this time with a max awokened GrOdin. Holy poo poo that was so much pleasant not seeing my health slowly chip away. Got another Tamadra too!

Good choice. I ran all 4 difficulties and didnt get a single drop...so yeah not really the best use of stam. Got a stone though so whatever, I suppose.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

So there's one of those Godfest thingies in about 2.5 hours? Was considering giving this a try.

Man, as someone who knows almost nothing about this, trying to read up on of the stuff in this thread is like trying to speak Braille :haw: (Before you ask, yes, I checked out the guide on the front page).

Escape from this addicting game while you can...save your money for actual crack

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

I see no reason to run this new plant dungeon. Same old bullshit.

What is the bullshit you're referring to here? That you didn't get all plants?

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Does my Kirin team, or really any team I have the components for, seem capable of handling Hera-Is tomorrow? I don't know if I have enough damage just yet as far as levels go.

http://www.padherder.com/user/tsuko/teams/#6506

Yes just switch out that gigas for your echidna and you should be OK. Damage won't be your problem - taking hits/stalling will. You are a little on the low-HP side but as long as you match well, at least Legend should be doable.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

I'd like to do Zeus today so I can farm with all the cool kids, but I tried with Ra late last night and got a string of bad boards on floor 1 and died, and I'm not sure if my Sonia team can do it. I've got the team cost now to sub in Awoken Hera in place of Lilith Kuromi, but she's not too beefy yet. Floor 4 doesn't look like a problem with Sonia active, and I may as well use one there since I'll only get one shot on 5, but then I'm not sure one active even with King Baddie will take him down without Hera-Ur.

But he's light I guess, so dark does double damage or something? Maybe I'll give it a shot.

You should be able to do it, so long as you 1. stall on masks and get baddie and Ronia's up; and 2. get enough of a combo + row's to plow through chimeras (1 ronia), and then 3. on Zeus, pop baddie and the other Ronia and get enough combo to kill him - like you said, he's light so it should be fairly easy. If you fail it might be because your Ronia isnt leveled enough yet.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Speaking of Satan, what's the drop rate on Cerberus like? I've only run it once and didn't get him, but I'd sure like one for my Sonia team, especially now he's getting a busty.

e: until I can manage a Hera-Ur, at least.

It's real poo poo :yotj:

edit - nvm, listen to trucutru

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Cless Alvein posted:

Quote from gungho guy on pf

So probably.

I hope so but...that date makes me skeptical :frog:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

mphill posted:

It just dawned on me that we aren't going to have a 2x skillup active for the first SSP in months. How neat.

Not only that, but 2x skill up will have ended a mere 3 days before SSP. :aaaaa:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Seriously, SSP sucks. I've made like 10 runs and have one Naga to show for it, and that dropped on a regular floor, not the boss one. Picked up like 6 +eggs though, which is some consolation, I guess.

Yeah I always forget how much this one sucks. I have 2 more + eggs than I do Naga after 10 runs

(twist - 0 naga drops so far).

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Skilling up Echidna is one of the worst parts of this game. Unfortunately it's also one of the more necessary, as a full skilled Echidna is so loving useful.

Me, I've got horrible feed luck, not horrible drop luck. I have no problem getting the little bastards, but I'm at 1 skillup for about 25 attempts so far.

I hope you don't mean you are feeding your Nagas right now, and are referring to feeds you've done in the past during events...because 2x skill up is not on right now

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Onion Rings posted:

So I had never realized how awesome satan is until recently. What are some of the best overall non-REM satan subs? I'd be slightly interested in best REM as well in case I missed something obvious but it seems like you basically want devil, orb changers with ideally high health and attack. And dark primary most times I'd assume as well.

Oh also if any goons want to take pity on me and regularly run a high level hera-ur or satan feel free to friend me at 301640291. I mainly have a maxed horus or isis up but I'm levelling my hera ur and satan asap for fun.

Vamp, DJ, big baddie, hera-ur, cerebus are all great satan, non-rem subs. You may need to use an echidna on some stages also (and hera or hera-is if you level em up).

Persephone, loki, ronia, gryps rider are the main rem satan subs (also hades if leveled).
e - true, ceres can be good, as well as the archdemons

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 23, 2014

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but are the new awakenings live in JP (greco-gods' 4th awakening and such)? I really want Persephone's new one, dammit.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Furious Lobster posted:

Yes, they've been available in JP for a while now.

Thanks. Par for the late-to-the-US-course, I suppose.

Plonk posted:

Wow, this game. Put in 10 rolls in the pal egg machine for shits and giggles and I get... Keeper of the Rainbow. And I have AA Lucifer as my leader. Time to grind that rank since I don't have nearly enough cost to make a decent team with both of them.

Also, the drat Vampire is taking its sweet time to appear on CoS :(

What were you expecting from the PAL machine?

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Apparently it's been announced that Kirin's ultimate evo will not be changing her leader skill. That's a real letdown. :(

(Wonder what they will end up giving her, though - a sub-element? A sub-type? New awakenings?)

My guess is that the only change will be to her artwork, and she'll finally get some feet.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Vincent Valentine posted:

I started with Siren the Enchanter as my first rem roll so I dodged a bullet there.

:rimshot:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Furious Lobster posted:

Does anyone have the picture showing percentages of a boss' health? I remember seeing it a while back but can't find it now.

I have this one bookmarked so it was easily accessible but I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Yay supers success. Stoned 4 times and got 9 runs in, with 8 total supers. Maxed my Santa and now can attempt tri-fruit in earnest (plz dont orb screw me on the first stage, plz dont orb screw me on the first stage...)

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Suprfli6 posted:

A couple garbage rolls and then pulled my fourth Ronia, Dragon Rider, FA Luci, and then a Verche. BSonia or Shiva would have been nice but my Ronia options are pretty stellar now.

Holy poo poo 4 ronias? You can almost run an all ronia team... :stare:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Knowlue posted:

Goddammit Gung-ho. This has been a horrible day of pad. Spent all day trying to get a mythlit. When I finally got one I went 4/50 on Valk skillups (she's one skillup away)

Finally got a chance at rolling at Indian REM, was shooting for a parvati /shiva/maybe indra. Final result? Baal / Machine Golem / Verche / Gronia. I have no use for any of them :arghfist:

Gronia is still good, dude, and really low chance to get so you lucked out. Dragon subs are easily farmed.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Bah, gently caress Twinlits. Guess my only option is leveling my Satan or iunno getting a Zeus or some poo poo and just settling for the weekday babby Tama no guaranteed drop version or whatever.

Yeah im in sorta the same boat. Rushed to get my Zeus team so I could do twinlits for first time before they nerf it, and after 6 different runs and about 5 stones I'm gunna give up for now.

Just curious...how do ya'll stall on round one with a basic Zeus team (zeus, valk, verche, viper, echidna, zeus)? I hit the HP threshold, and have about 2700 rcv, but I keep getting destroyed by the 2 mythlits bc I cant heal enough or get heart-screwed.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

trucutru posted:

If you have a bind-immune character that will increase your survivability by a metric shitload, as it will work as a lightning rod and prevent the myths from ganging up on you most of the time.

Besides that you could also try finding a sweet-spot for killing all but one of the myths with your initial volley. Usually a 5-match plus three 3-matches (one of them light) will do the trick. The issue with your team is that is heavily light so a single myth can cripple you. To be honest, with Viper in there you don't really need the verche to deal with the twins, since you'll have a lot of time to kill them so consider switching him for a bind-immune monster or something dark, to mess with the myths.

Ok, thanks Tru, I'd read that this was a good team to try it with, is the main reason I was tryin this team. But I'll try it with my lillith or something.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Zierham posted:

Yeah, initially I was disappointed when it was announced her leader skill wouldn't be changing. I wanted something like the boosts Horus/Isis/Ra got! At that point I hoped they'd at least add a decent sub-color (RGB) to allow more light heavy options and maybe boost her stats a hefty amount. Then they released the info and I managed to read the announcement without fully processing it and was annoyed she was just getting some meager stat bump and a light secondary color for 10%ish extra damage (good for plinking though!). I rationalized to myself that she is already badass so even the small boost is more than she really had a right to expect.

Then I reread the notes and actually processed the Physical typing... :stonk:

Also the movement-timer increase awakening is a godsend for someone like me who still has trouble consistently manipulating them orbs (especially when 2 required colors are spread out all over the board)

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

By vg-necron 11 days ago
"All my waifus in one game. Hell yes."

:regd09:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hmm no godfest announced yet. The P&D person on facebook said there is some announcement coming soon, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Personally, I like using Zeus / Valk / Athena / Bane / Echidna for my Twinlits farming team. Athena's high offense guarantees that I'll take out at least one of the Mythlits on Floor 1 (2 if I pair up with a really swole Zeus), and her orb enhance helps ensure that I can take out the Twinlits.

To piggy back a third time...I was having trouble with a Zeus / echidna / viper / verche / valk / zeus team posted by OBi above and referenced a lot here, and then I switched out the verche for a lillith, and have been 100% successful when there are at least 3 light orbs on first stage (so I guess 80% successful overall). Once I level up my athena I may switch to that team you posted but for now I am light-exp starved :(

• Locked thread