Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So, what's the consensus about rolling Hello Kitty REM if you're starting to play PAD right now? It's not my case, but I see it being a decent idea since it gives you a decent shot at an out-of-the-box (starter dragons take an ulti) 4-2-2 leader in three colors or a 12x almost non-conditional leader if you're really lucky. Might be a good option if you're not willing to reroll for an optimal monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

If I enter a dungeon with increased drop rates on something, and then I go do something else and the time on the increased rates runs out, do I still get the good drops or is it based on completion time?

Your drops are defined when you enter the dungeon, so I'm guessing you'd still get the increased rates.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Karnegal posted:

I like everything about this

Why does it have Isis when Bastet clearly outclasses her. More like "the single subpar guide". :smaug:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm already wasting stones, because why the gently caress not.

Keroppi and whatever the gently caress the Green Balanced dude was. Eh, Keroppi I could do without, but Green Balanced dude is actually useful for my CuChu team, so eh. I think I'm rolling until repeat/I'm out of free stones.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

berserker posted:

I have both Leilan and Byakko and I've got Byakko evo'd and ready to make a team out of her first, for the reasons listed above. Metal dragons (super and normal) are just so much more common.

My first roll was Leilan, but even then my Byakko had a better team before her. She's not bad, it's just harder to get certain pieces that are pretty much stupid easy to get with Byakko (Dark heartbreaker is super-easy to farm, RK is a beast sub that Leilan can't use).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mephology posted:

Get the pitch forks! It is 422 and that is how it should be :argh:

There are a few things in that guide that could use some updating and love.

Valkyrie / Echidna / King Shynee / Valkyrie / Valkyrie / Valkyrie - Comedy Hera team

It really should be a Fairlion for the 4th valk and not sure why it is a comedy team? Because it farms it incredibly fast?

Slightly overkill, you need three bustied Valks (that's a fuckton of Light XP) and four of the same monster always looks silly. I think that's the reasoning here.

Vamp team should be erased from that list - a busty Vamp makes 4/2/2 nowadays.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cryohazard posted:

Are they serious, doing a survey dungeon for absurdly rare REM-only guys?

That's hosed up. I thought the survey dungeons were for the masses, not the gigawhales.

It was open to the masses, the masses voted for Hamahime, with Purple Chaser right behind it. Kinda sucks, I agree, but I'm not complaining because I have a Haku.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All right, Tuesday, I need thirteen Dark Keepers. Please be kind.

Hope you enjoy your 14 Light Keepers. :getin:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just evolved AND awoken my DMeta because I hear DMeta is the future and poo poo. Thing is, I don't really have the really good subs for that team. So I'm wondering what I can piece together with my box until REM gifts me with good attacker subs.

One option is DD Bats/Haku/RD Kagu/King Flamie. A mixed Red/Dark attacker team with Haku there for a Dark/Red orb change. Kagu is a beatstick in this setup. Other subs I could use include an evolved Red Goblin, Dragon Rider, Awoken Hera-Ur and Dark/Red orbchangers (PKH and CDK come to mind).

Any tips? Or is it basically Hanzo or bust in these situations?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Butt Discussin posted:

I'm in the same boat - the dmeta team is basically just not that great as far as I can tell unless you have hanzo or gryps. However, dmeta is still a great sub on my DD and DW batman monodark teams.

Yeah, I actually went thru with the awakenings because I can always use it on my DD Bats team for increased burst damage anyway. I even got the wrong Rider and poo poo. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If I don't get a Valk next time she's around I'm gonna flip off the handle so hard, I'm gonna be part of the new X-Games Collab REM (4x to Radical monsters).

No, but seriously. At least I can run a one-turn kill on Legend now. Delay/Gravity x2/Luci x3.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Wheeee posted:

Well, rerolling while on the shitter has gotten me an Archangel Lucifer. I don't see anything special about his skills but apparently he's a keeper?

His skill deals 300k damage. If you use him as a leader with another Lucifer friend, you can deal 600k damage every 35 turns, and you can survive for that long seeing that you have a 4x HP and a 4x Recovery multiplier.

The first normal dungeon boss that doesn't die after eating 600k damage is in Vesta Cave. That's a tier 6 dungeon. So...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BGrifter posted:

The fantastic rank XP, +eggs and decent feeder trash definitely takes some of the sting out of a run of bad luck. Getting a bunch of divine masks in the Wednesday dungeon is the worst. I've been using them to feed Pengdras for months.

I run Wednesday (and Friday) when I either can't be arsed to optimize my stamina usage and do longish runs of tier 5 dungeons/OoH or when I need at least a certain color of Divine alongside Mystics.

I got lucky today and got two Mystics. Still need five or so for all the poo poo I have to evolve.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Paper Lion posted:

I always start Tyrra :(

Idunno, it seems like loads of effort going through the spreadsheet now that I'm trying to, plus everyone listed seems to have these demands for satans and super high level stuff. plus I have no clue what monsters do what you're recommending other than others of the same guy I got because I'm totally new at this.

idk im just doing puzzles and eating dragons.

Oh I keep running out of space for monsters. I know not to blow magic stones yet for more slots since that godfest will be here any day now so once that's through I can try to get more space, but I do keep running out with all these stupid little chaff goobers. Is it worth fusing them together (like all those little green and blue and red slimes and carbuncles and some red and blue goblins) or should I just sell those? Is it worth trying to stick any of them onto my god? I got some red ghost hugging a ball and some little dragon larva thing that are materials, I assume those are for evo fusion. it wants me to stuff that larva onto my tyrra, do i just do that or level it up first or hoard it?

i have no clue what im doing i just wanna do puzzlesssssssssssssss

I'd just sell really low-level trash monsters. I think it's probably more expensive to feed them to your leader than to just dump them in a trash bin somewhere. Keep an Ogre monster and some low-level dudes of the same color so you can do the Resolve strat for Wednesday/Friday dungeon, that should be detailed in the wiki. Ghosts hugging balls are Lits. They are Evolution Materials, you might want to keep a couple of them. You can only evolve monsters when they hit max level. If you wanna know exactly what you should keep, make an account at https://www.padherder.com and put in all your monster that are not Evo Materials in the monster tab and the ones that are in the material tab. The site will tell you what you need to evolve your dudes and if you should farm x monster from a Daily Dungeon.

Goons are cool with adding new dudes, I remember some pretty high-level guys adding me when I just started. I don't have anything that can really help you tho, unfortunately, or I'd add you. U&Y works well with other combo gods, so that would be Isis, other U&Ys, Horus, Bastet. Tyrra is a mono-red leader, so you want dudes that boost red monsters, like Ares and Freyr.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Whaled a bit because it's a good Godfest.

Lemon Dragon (what) (I'm not even sure if that's a good pull)
Siren (meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh)

Well, gently caress. One more time.

Gold egg...Loki! I have a fuckton of Dark monsters already, but I'm okay with having an enhancement dude.

EDIT: Decided to keep it going because roll till not gold...

GrOdin! That's three out of four original Godfest-only monsters!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Potsticker posted:

Looking through my box, I need like a million mythlets. I sort of wish the wikis would give best farming spots for common guys like this guy, marine goblins and other common skill-up monsters. There's a list of places they appear, but since they are so common it would be helpful if there was a definitive: go and farm here for the best return for you stamina.

Maybe not the best place to farm for them specifically, but OoH drops Marine Goblins AND Mystic Mask and gives decent rank XP. That's what I used to skill up my Siren and Shardran.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Thanks, Dark Devil, for binding my two Lucifers for 4 turns in two runs of Hera-Is. It's not like I've been trying to get her for a while now. Nah. It's fine. It's completely fine. Oh, nevermind the bottle of wine and the pills in the desk, it's nothing. It's nothing at all.

:smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's that beautiful time of the month down where we do rolls because why the gently caress not?

Dragon Rider (ugh I have one already and it's not even the good one)

RA! Yay, a high multiplier Egyptian because gently caress Godfest odds I rolled five times last one and got poo poo.

Now if my Luci friends would only put their Lucis on.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ra is hard, you guys. Took him for a stamina-waste Hera-Is run (because I don't have any Luci friends up to run the dungeon for real) and I couldn't make a combo match in time to clear wave 1. :smith: Oh well. I'm still glad I now have the option of nuking dungeon instead of wasting an hour and a half minimum on every Descended.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Two rolls.

The Chinese water God girl (now I need Sakuya and Genbu)

Pre— busty Siegfried (well, my Physical team is pretty buff now,I guess)

Not great, but it could be worse. Also, why the hell should I bother rolling in Godfests anyway.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So, I rolled Eva-gatcha twice, got Unit-13 and AAA Wunder.

That's okay, I guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Free roll:

Beast Rider Merlin. What. :what:

You could've at least given me the Rider I need for Dark Meta. Or Hanzo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

El_Gimpo posted:

Whaled a tiny bit to try and get the Ronia that my devil team desperately needs (or Lu Bu).

Do not whale for Lu Bu.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got a Parvati out of another free roll. Y..ay? I guess she's a nice heartmaker for my Balanced team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FrickenMoron posted:

Do you have any angelits? Best green leader hands down now.

Got one, not enough for that evo. Maybe I'll get lucky with my PAL pulls, who knows. Completely forgot that busty existed too, I'm super out of the PAD loop.

• Locked thread