Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Moster Box Here

So I have an embarrassment of riches in my box and I'm not sure where to focus on next. I've been developing my mono-green/balance and Karin teams for a while now, but Ra, Isis, L Metatron, Haku and Satan are a lot more recent. I have three big questions:

1. Hera-Is seems to be my next stop, can I do it now or do I need something more?
2. What about Twinlits? Out of the question?
3. Bigger question here: if you had my box, what would you be developing for the long term? Haku or Ra seem likely, though L Metatron, Satan and Isis could be useful. I'd hate to give up the mono-green/balance, but maybe there's some way to keep it going?

Thanks in advance, I'm kind of floundering here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

madstrike posted:

Given how 'hard' it is to get Tamas on our side, i'd go with farming option, imo. Same for the dog(Cerberus) if you use him on the team.

Someone said earlier that Cerberus is better than beeleebub. Is that just because his awakenings are better, even though his stats are worse?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Butt Discussin posted:

Someone said earlier that Cerberus is better than beeleebub. Is that just because his awakenings are better, even though his stats are worse?

Pretty much. Bees has more use on a blue team than anything.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Karnegal posted:

I'm looking for some Kirin and SoD Lucifer friends. I sent some invites out based on the Google docs list, but I still need more than 1 or 2. I want to run some SoD on the dungeons in this event (I think I'm ready for Hera), and I'm just working on my Kirin skills generally.

I'll probably have Haku up when you get the invite, but I'm running Lucifer for Hera and such when they come up.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Should I be rushing exp into my level 35 unevolved GrOdin for Hera this weekend? I also have a mid-level WD Neptune and a Chaos Devil Dragon (not busty, haha trifruits). I'm unsure of which of the two builds I ought to be using.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Should I be rushing exp into my level 35 unevolved GrOdin for Hera this weekend? I also have a mid-level WD Neptune and a Chaos Devil Dragon (not busty, haha trifruits). I'm unsure of which of the two builds I ought to be using.

GrOdin, Neptune, 2600+ Autohealer ally = Hera kill, but seriously it could take forever and the early rounds may be harsh depending on lucky. Hades could take some stones as well.
If you have decent subs and some way to reduce damage (rainbow keeper is the easy way) you can probably deal with it.

Going Resist / Resist works, but you'll need a reliable way to generate heart orbs. Hades is still a problem.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Your best bet is probably neptune/friend max grodin, but you will need either at least one max skill heartmaker, or 1500 autoheal a turn from awakenings. Don't even bother trying without one of those, just get to work skilling up a siren for next time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Solkanar512 posted:

So is it really worth spending Tamadra on Satan, or just farming him with a Satan team?

What was the estimated stamina per Tamadra running metal dragons?

Farming extra Satans for awakening means investing 50 stamina per run, then enough stamina for a Rainbow Keeper, Dark Keeper, Mystic Mask, Dub-mythlit, Dub-Sapphilit and 883,883 dark XP. That would add up to a lot of metal dragon runs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BGrifter posted:

What was the estimated stamina per Tamadra running metal dragons?

Based on my experience? Way too loving much. Probably around 500sta/tamadra

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012
15 supers runs, only three super king drops on the final stage. That's some bullshit right there. Not that it's way outside of the variance, just annoying.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'd peg it as closer to ~300 stamina/Tamadra, under normal conditions. (~200, if the 1.5x appearance rate is active.)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Got in 14 super metal runs, 13 supers, 14 kings. Enough to get my satan up to 71 and put some XP in a bunch of other dudes that needed it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah estimates I saw when googling put it around the 500 stamina mark. Probably ends up in the same ballpark as farming a Satan, all those evo mats and over 800k Dark XP. Plus you get a truckload of Metal Kings as a bonus.

If you're sitting on a ton of excess evo mats and have nothing to spend Dark XP on go nuts awakening with duplicate Satans. If you value the Dark XP and would have to farm most of the evo mats it's probably better to farm a Tamadra.

If you can do Twinlits without stoning it's not even close, Tamadras all the way.

Edit: At 300 stamina/Tamadra I'd lean toward metal kings for sure.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.
Wait, wait, wait wait wait wait wait.

The Red Pirate Dragon is Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts? Not Frederick "Redbeard" Barbarossa?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

opaopa13 posted:

Wait, wait, wait wait wait wait wait.

The Red Pirate Dragon is Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts? Not Frederick "Redbeard" Barbarossa?
Remember which company we're dealing with here.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Grodin/bane/bane/bane/bane makes for some really mindless and easy super metal dragons. Just pick any ally that will have over 700 RCV and you're golden. I like that team.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

BGrifter posted:

Yeah estimates I saw when googling put it around the 500 stamina mark. Probably ends up in the same ballpark as farming a Satan, all those evo mats and over 800k Dark XP. Plus you get a truckload of Metal Kings as a bonus.

If you're sitting on a ton of excess evo mats and have nothing to spend Dark XP on go nuts awakening with duplicate Satans. If you value the Dark XP and would have to farm most of the evo mats it's probably better to farm a Tamadra.

If you can do Twinlits without stoning it's not even close, Tamadras all the way.

Edit: At 300 stamina/Tamadra I'd lean toward metal kings for sure.

And of course, this calculation goes right out the window if US is now going to see a mixture of stones and tamadra during the events.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Butt Discussin posted:

Your best bet is probably neptune/friend max grodin, but you will need either at least one max skill heartmaker, or 1500 autoheal a turn from awakenings. Don't even bother trying without one of those, just get to work skilling up a siren for next time.

Someday, I will have a Mermaid, and then that will mean I'd finally have all of the Healer girls. Lol wats a maxskill monster :byodood:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solkanar512 posted:

And of course, this calculation goes right out the window if US is now going to see a mixture of stones and tamadra during the events.

Depends on how much stamina you have, and how many Tamadra you need.

I mean, back when we had the 1.5x Tama drop bonus, I chucked about 1 stone/day towards stamina refills for running Metal/Jewel dragons. Worked out great for me - I ended up getting 10 Tamas, plus a ton of King Metal/Jewels for leveling up my critters. But then again, I had 180 stamina at the time, and my results were probably a bit on the lucky side.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Well, rerolling while on the shitter has gotten me an Archangel Lucifer. I don't see anything special about his skills but apparently he's a keeper?

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Well, rerolling while on the shitter has gotten me an Archangel Lucifer. I don't see anything special about his skills but apparently he's a keeper?

Definetly keep. He's slow going, but you can reliably clear a ton of content with the lolcannon.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Wheeee posted:

He's pretty good up to the easier Descends. It's just that his playstyle is very safe, but kinda boring. Keep him though and wait for a good Godfest like Egyptian.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Wheeee posted:

His skill deals 300k damage. If you use him as a leader with another Lucifer friend, you can deal 600k damage every 35 turns, and you can survive for that long seeing that you have a 4x HP and a 4x Recovery multiplier.

The first normal dungeon boss that doesn't die after eating 600k damage is in Vesta Cave. That's a tier 6 dungeon. So...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Wheeee posted:

Archangel Lucifer can clear 80-90% of the game's content with relative ease due to the fact that his teams have a huge amount of survivability and can safely fit multiple Gravity monsters on their team that reduce boss HP by a % of max HP. Endgame Lucifer teams will usually have 2-3 Gravities on them and then use Lucifer's active skill to finish off the boss.

I find Lucifer a little dull but I don't think there's any denying that for most of the game he's probably the strongest leader. He is incredibly easy to use, good Lucifer teams are almost completely farmable, and while some of the more recent Descends are designed specifically to prevent Lucifer from working people still manage to clear some of those dungeons using him anyway. Lucifer is also almost immediately endgame ready, where a lot of other teams require expensive REM teams or lots of experience or both.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Dias posted:

His skill deals 300k damage. If you use him as a leader with another Lucifer friend, you can deal 600k damage every 35 turns, and you can survive for that long seeing that you have a 4x HP and a 4x Recovery multiplier.

The first normal dungeon boss that doesn't die after eating 600k damage is in Vesta Cave. That's a tier 6 dungeon. So...

You'd need a healer for that, just a heads up. Can't use his skill when you're at 1 HP as that's what it reduces you to.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch
what team would you suggest for Keeper of the Green? do i stand a chance with my box?

http://www.padherder.com/user/Momps

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

ThePotatoMasher posted:

what team would you suggest for Keeper of the Green? do i stand a chance with my box?

Keeper of the Green is pretty easy. You can check out the dungeon at http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Tuesday_Dungeon

He hits for 3K every 3 turns. You should be able to tank that no problem with just about any team.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ThePotatoMasher posted:

Keepers other than Rainbow are easy peasy. You shouldn't have any problem with that Kirin.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
I'm absolute poo poo on the Twinlit dungeon. More often than not I can stall stage one just fine but I end up getting my rear end kicked on stage 2. I've only managed to complete it once, which is embarrassing.

Can goons help? :( Here are my monsters. I've tried the Zeus/Zeus team and many forms of Egyptian teams...I even fully awoke a drat Abyss Neptune for the poison resist...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I just came to the strange realization that I kinda want an Archdemons Godfest. :psyduck:

Dark Archdemon Lucifer is a ridiculously good sub now with 2x Skill Boost, a Dark row awakening, and soon a second Dark row awakening. If we ever got the ability to skill him up in NA he'd have a +Dark Orbs ability on a five freaking turn timer. (three on the first use thanks to Skill Boost! :v: )

Belial is looking much improved with a long-ish cooldown orb change (not yet skillable in NA unfortunately), the same 2x Skill/2x row awakening as DA Luci, and Red Devils becoming a thing thanks to Red Sonia.

Astaroth remains a bit of an odd duck but as a third best God in a pantheon isn't bad. I wouldn't go nuts rolling to get one, but if I happened into one it could be fun to experiment with. I know Astaroth teams were a thing in the JP version for a while.

Baal & Amon still aren't setting my world on fire, but if they ever get a useful subtype the top notch awakenings could make them excellent subs.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Wheeee posted:

He's very good until he becomes merely decent. He's pretty boring throughout.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Baal & Amon still aren't setting my world on fire, but if they ever get a useful subtype the top notch awakenings could make them excellent subs.

I've had an Amon sitting around for a while that I'd like to find a use for. Even have two awakenings on him.. Maybe on a Satan team with DJ, either busty Vamp, Abyss Neptune? There's so many B/D and D/B devil types that I feel like I should have some use for him, but just haven't really bothered.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cheezit posted:

I'm absolute poo poo on the Twinlit dungeon. More often than not I can stall stage one just fine but I end up getting my rear end kicked on stage 2. I've only managed to complete it once, which is embarrassing.

Can goons help? :( Here are my monsters. I've tried the Zeus/Zeus team and many forms of Egyptian teams...I even fully awoke a drat Abyss Neptune for the poison resist...
...poison resist? Twinlits have poison?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

ReidRansom posted:

I've had an Amon sitting around for a while that I'd like to find a use for. Even have two awakenings on him.. Maybe on a Satan team with DJ, either busty Vamp, Abyss Neptune? There's so many B/D and D/B devil types that I feel like I should have some use for him, but just haven't really bothered.

W/L Lakshmi/Amon/I&I/Hermes/Viper Orochi/W/L Lakshmi

8 Row Awakenings, but you have to deal with the fact that you have two useless actives.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

I just came to the strange realization that I kinda want an Archdemons Godfest. :psyduck:

Yeah, the Archdemons have definitely gotten a bit of a boost recently, with their awakenings and active skill buff. Once we can skill them up, they'll make perfectly good subs for mono-color teams.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The Devilit does have a poison attack, but it's kind of irrelevant since you pretty much have to one-shot the bosses.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah ignoring the Devil typing and slotting him into Mono-Blue is probably the best approach. With those awakenings he'd be a pretty good sub on the usual 4/2/2 teams too. As a bad Godfest roll he's actually not too shabby with those awakenings.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

cheezit posted:

You've got what I would consider the 'classic' Zeus team of Orochi/ Echidna / bind immune GrOdin / wildcard. If you've fully awoken Neptune then he'd be a great wildcard when his full bind immunity comes through (with another tamadra).

Stall on 1, echidna 2, orochi +stall 3 on the tamadra unless everything is up except echidna, in which case just make sure echidna will be up in 6 turns then poison, Orochi + gravity 4, kill the devilit, echidna the angelit when it gets angry, finish it off.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, If you're letting the devilit create poison orbs you have a much bigger problem than them. (in that it will kill your rear end when it gets angry).

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

OBi posted:

You've got what I would consider the 'classic' Zeus team of Orochi/ Echidna / bind immune GrOdin / wildcard. If you've fully awoken Neptune then he'd be a great wildcard when his full bind immunity comes through (with another tamadra).

Stall on 1, echidna 2, orochi +stall 3 on the tamadra unless everything is up except echidna, in which case just make sure echidna will be up in 6 turns then poison, Orochi + gravity 4, kill the devilit, echidna the angelit when it gets angry, finish it off.

Is there a secret to doing ~60 "hits" in the timeframe? I've never had more than 5 turns (with Echidna) and without doing all mass attacks all the time, at least one Dub is left and I die. Does everyone just sacrifice a stone for these?

quote:

Yeah, If you're letting the devilit create poison orbs you have a much bigger problem than them. (in that it will kill your rear end when it gets angry).

And that he definitely did! How does the Zeus team do enough damage to do roughly 5mm in one team? Just the two grav's?

I just want to evolve my Horus. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Mirthless posted:

Archangel Lucifer can clear 80-90% of the game's content with relative ease due to the fact that his teams have a huge amount of survivability and can safely fit multiple Gravity monsters on their team that reduce boss HP by a % of max HP.

:spergin: a bit for a second, but it's a % of current HP, not max HP.

• Locked thread