Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

drrockso20 posted:

Well hope TFS makes that joke when they get to that point in the Buu Saga

Dunno where I heard this, but I think they're stopping after Cell out of respect for Toriyama, since he was kind of pressured into continuing the comic and doing the Buu saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Sorry for being wrong about anime youtube parodies everyone.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Amorphous Blob posted:

Yeah each subsequent super saiyan after Goku was lamer than the last. Future Gohan dies for future Trunks? Alright I can buy it. Vegeta gets...angry? Gohan trains or some poo poo? Then Goten and Trunks inherit it from their dads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflI5gkF8Ns

Don't forget Broly and Bardock. :downs:

RE ssj3, I always liked the old joke fanarts of SSJ3 Raditz with like a truckload of hair.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Kild posted:

What? Super Super Super God comes down to fight a fat pink child, a new stupid caveman form is used but all it does is make Goku disappear, the heroes are 2 children that do nothing but goof around. The Villain is only defeated by the joke of a character from the last arc twice.

Mark Satan is the hero we all deserve and you know it. :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Pureauthor posted:

So we had a yellow powerup, a red powerup, and now a blue powerup.

... I want a green powerup next!

Are you sure?

E: VV "Gohan... we have to train."VV

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 30, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Terper posted:

Instant Transmission is really the only unique thing about him.

Which he learned from an alien race. ie he didnt invent it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey guys

DODGE

get it

like dbz abridged

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i think youll find in fact they were all spoken in it

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

mycot posted:

This is incredible.

Edit: I really hate explaining the joke but that's a scene from the original show ad verbatim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VuMsbbL9z4

thanks i never watched every dbz episode as it aired live when i was a kid including saiyan saga twice

e: and thus did not understand the refrance because you see

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

There were always weird additions like that in American Dubs. Little jokes, basically. Some of it was to add some humor to a scene, some of it was because American cartoons in the 90s hated things to be too silent.

Realtalk, watching the english dub these days is jarring due to the absolute lack of silence ever. Any pauses have the drat Faulconer music cranked up just as high as the loudest parts of the fight scenes.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Some Numbers posted:

Why would that person want them to suffer through GT rather than doing Dragonball which is actually legit good?

Also, I wouldn't mind them going back and redoing season 1 to get it up to the quality of seasons 2 and 3.

So... Dragonball Z Abridged: Kai?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Parrotine posted:

I kind of wish they'd take another shot at a DBZ movie, I wanna watch Stone Cold Steve Austin cast as Nappa dropping explosive power bombs on the other characters. Who else you think could make casting, I want names

Pardon if this is another dead-horse question, but did they announce they were going to stop doing the movies? I mean they just did Cooler 2: Electric Boogaloo last summer, doesn't seem unusually long since then given their production schedule.

VV Oh gently caress that then VV

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 7, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

As grating as TFS Nappa can be, the visual pun in the whole Saiyan College bit is a masterpiece.

"What did you major in?"

"Child psychology...

WITH A MINOR IN PAIN!" *inflicts pain on a minor*

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Bee posted:

Wait, which episodes were these?

The one based on the weird filler arc from the anime when they were stuck dueling in virtual reality land against Team 4-StarKids.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Some Numbers posted:

Obv fake, Vegeta's never called him Goku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDsE9DW-YEA

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So what you're saying is that the very last final last opponent of Dragonball Whatever will be something stronger than any alcohol.

I nominate the literal Saiyan deity, Kannabisu.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

To me, the funimation dub ARE their voices. Period. Anything else just sounds bad/weird/like a grandma doing the voice a huge man for some reason.

Only exception for me is Drummond's Vegeta from the Ocean dub, I think it fits his heel arcs a lot better before he goes all NOBLE WARRIOR PRINCE after the Frieza saga.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

I assumed they dissolved...until he spit up 18.

I appreciate you spoiling that 20 year old plot twist.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I find "[manga author] forgot" is a good Occam's razor go-to answer for any sort of plot hole like this, in any series.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raxivace posted:

This is literally how G Gundam decides which country rules the world, except the martial arts are performed with special giant robots that can also do martial arts.

G Gundam has a pilot who's a martial arts master. He rides a horse.

The horse is also a gundam pilot. Its gundam is also a giant horse.

Sometimes the pilot in his gundam rides the horse's horse gundam into battle.

What I'm saying is G Gundam is loving amazing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

Wasn't the American Gundam in G Gundam a boxer?

Gundam Maxter flies in on a surfboard, wears football gear (pads and helmet), and has revolvers on its waist.

Then it turns into a boxer like so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VevP_MB6O5A&t=254s

I forget what this has to do with DBZ but I think we can all agree both series would greatly benefit from a crossover.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I dunno, Master Asia still ultimately wants to kill people, even if he does have a (hosed-up) logic behind it.

Team Domon, though? He'd get along with them swimmingly.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Covok posted:

Isn't his hosed up logic -- taking it completely from the linked video -- that humans are deplorable beings that only destroy and thus deserve to be destroyed?

Hey, I'm arguing that he's a villain, man. I'm just saying he genuinely believes he's doing something noble, unlike some DBZ villains that are just like "Yeah I loving love mudering people, what's up?"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rudoku posted:

I lump them in with the mispronounciations of Kaioken and Kamehameha from the Ocean dub: things that should be forgotten.

what, you arent impressed by kaMeyaMeya?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Some Numbers posted:

He hunts and fishes and gets firewoood, but Chi Chi wants fruit and vegetables and rice and stuff, so they need actual cash.

Wasn't Goku knowing how to drive already canon or was it filler when they were driving to have a picnic and they heard the army attacking Cell on the radio?

Well the driving episode was Trunks/Android saga, so they could both be filler and still in correct sequence.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

what if goku fused with alternate universe never-left-planet-Vegeta kakarot and we got kakaku

then the battle plan will be kakaku's keikaku*.

*keikaku means plan

E: and then they have to come up with a better idea that can be kakaku's kai keikaku

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well I mean the next episode IS about Vegeta and his family fun times.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Prison Warden posted:

I don't watch this show, but I'm like 2 minutes into the episode and it's already packed full of references to poo poo. Already seen Frog from Chrono Trigger and Usagi Yojimbo.

e: What the hell? that episode didn't have a Vegeta and Nappa rip-off in it at all!

The characters(s) you're probably thinking of/have seen DBesque fanart of are in the Season 1 finale, Jailbreak/The Return. Unlike the episode you watched it actually has plot poo poo in it though, so fair warning if you care about that.

Also the resemblance is mostly superficial.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Athropos posted:

Why is DBS on a shoestring budget if its a sequel from like one of the most popular animes around? Theres no excuse for being cheap. Look at Attack on Titan, the animation is pretty loving amazing and high end and it was produced with absolutely no guarantee that it would ever be successful. Toei are just greedy idiots.

Because people will watch it and buy the merchandise regardless, because it's DBZ.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I went ahead and made a low-effort QUALITY thread for those who were commenting about it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ok but can androids breathe in space? plz support with canon evidence

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Enourmo posted:

plz support with canon evidence

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's been eons since I read DB but before Z started Goku was I think the only one who could sense ki cause he drank the magic power up water or whatever. Then he died and saiyans happened and Toriyama just was just like "whatever all the main characters can do it now except bulma or w/e".

I think nimbus was faster, or at least more energy efficient before the Namek era.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Farecoal posted:

I think you mean "meditating" :colbert:

I think you mean "napping". :colbert:

sick reference secured we did it guys

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Pyroi posted:

does anyone in this thread actually like dragon ball?

what's a dragonball?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

why are bad guys bad im confused

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's honestly the least jarring characterization change yet between movies and not-movies; see whimpering Vegeta in Broly I, etc.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's furiza you baka gaikins

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

boom boom boom posted:

my opinion about Dragonball Z Abridged is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i like that videl got to be an honorary super saiyan. i forget, did her hair go gold in BOG?

• Locked thread