Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This might be the geekiest thing I'll ever write on these forums, but maybe the zenkai boost is additive, not multiplicative, meaning the benefits become less obvious as power levels rise. Doesn't explain Cell's massive zenkai, but we've all decided that's just bullshit anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I think he stayed dead too long.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Isn't Raichi gonna get stronger and stronger as the tourney goes on though? Although I suppose he's only ever going to be res'ing losers.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Immortality could actually make a saiyan weak as poo poo if it prevents them from getting injured.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
No one should ever wear that first shirt.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Wasn't Jaleel White in sharknado too?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Covok posted:

Yeah, that's something I forgot to mention. It doesn't just do comedy well, it does battles and drama pretty well too. Actually, I tend to prefer their fights when they get serious because no one has special techniques or similar bullshit when their doing poo poo serious. When they are being silly, they might steal poo poo from other anime as a parody. So, it's just fight coregraphy and sword/martial arts all the way through the serious battles. To me, that's most entertaining then seeing a technique show-off. At the same time, they can do drama without it getting cringe worthy and, overall, they avoid the issue of those scenes feeling like they were written for a teenager. They tend to be sappy, but the good kind of sappy. Not like they are going to win an award for it, but it's entertaining.

I'm just going to leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhhnN2Nlo28

Wow, that is just about the most pointless subber annotation I've ever seen.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Supersonic Warriors is for the GBA and lets you play as Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Krillin, Future Trunks, Frieza, Android 18, Dr. Gero, Cell, Ginyu, Gotenks, and Majin Buu.

Supersonic Warriors 2 is for the DS and lets you play as three times as many characters, though most are just the same character in different forms (Base Goku, SSJ Goku, etc.).

Does the story follow on from 1 to 2?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Krillin's death was the big turning point when dragonball became a lot darker. If Yamcha had been killed, no one would have cared.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Pureauthor posted:

The correct answer is 'not strong enough.'

The correct answer is 'not Goku'.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It takes guts to know when to quit. Krillin's got guts, Tien's a chump.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
"Speaking from the heart" is so much more :zoro:.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

KoB posted:

This isnt some Toriyama design process, its totally normal for comics in general. You want the character you'll draw most often to be simple since you draw it all the god drat time, but still iconic. Just look at the original Marvel or DC designs. Theyre simple as hell and generally only like 2 colors.

Love how one punch man takes that to ridiculous extremes.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Is this when we all say wow those are great I'm buying a pair? cos those are some disgusting looking shoes.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I want a pair of Master Roshi's sandals.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Why does it look like the player is controlling the bad guy for most of those battles?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
If only Ginyu was around to body swap with Porunga.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Do we all agree on Goku's first SSJ transformation being the best moment in the series? It's pretty much the only example I can think of where the anime did a scene better than the manga. It all happens too quickly in the manga, it works a lot better being drawn out a bit.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Babe Magnet posted:

spooky shadow guy in DBM

Seems it's a bird and a dragon?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Isn't Baby a robot? How does that make him the last Tuffle survivor?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
The pacing in the manga is actually really good. When Goku says he's gonna punch a guy, he punches the guy.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Testekill posted:

Do you think that you'd be able to withstand the funk?

Although this gives me an idea for a Xenoverse character. Does anyone know if there are blouses with plunging necklines for men? Or if I can wear a tiara while having an afro?

Oh poo poo, now I wanna play as Chou Koumei.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Why are there three different frieza's? Isn't he meant to be able to transform between forms? More importantly, why are there two perfect cells?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

my cat is norris posted:

Why so many new posts, thread?

OH HOLY poo poo THAT NAPPA THING.

:neckbeard:

I'm so excited.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that this is gonna be in the game, but seeing pages and pages of goons saying they're going to get a £40 game primarily based on the inclusion of what's a essentially a newgrounds soundboard is kinda pathetic. I get there was some hyperbole going on, but I also know that some people were completely serious.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Well everyone who isn't me is pathetic so yeah :smug:.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
He's 1st form again?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It seems Goku was the strongest Saiyan ever quite early in the series. I'm gonna say some time in between Saiyan and Namek saga, maybe even at Saiyan saga. Saiyans are chumps.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I can't stop laughing at Goku shouting YOU gently caress.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Aww man. I'll admit his new form looks :krad:, but I kinda just wanted it to be the old Frieza, just stronger for no reason.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Has anyone made fabulous frieza in Xenoverse yet?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Shouldn't Frieza be pissed that no one wished to make him immortal? Also that these scrubs managed to collect the dragonballs when he couldn't?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
What was the source of the thing that said Grand Kai destroyed his brain before being absorbed and that's why Fat Buu was so dumb? Was that canon, fake canon or not even close to canon?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
wait, how does frieza know what a monkey is?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Goku gave everyone multiple chances to be useful and be the hero, but they just failed at every opportunity and ended up always having to be saved by him. It's like a justice league with 1 superman and 10 aquamen.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Isn't Hercule the only person, along with Supreme Kai, to never die in the whole series?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I always thought King Kai was meant to be a carp.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
What is Vegeta's surname?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Speaking of Toriyama forgetfulness, from that demon guide posted earlier:

Akira Toriyama posted:

Since he’s demonic I named him Akkuman, but I carelessly forgot and made a manga that was also named AkkuMan. I guess it’s a pretty simple idea.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Can everyone stop saying "powerlevels are bullshit"? We get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Everyone should have fused and then let Buu eat them. Definitely would have been strong enough to beat Beerus then.

• Locked thread