Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Thanks OP for showing me Dragonball Wrong Time. I love 'What If's' and DBZ What If's are great.

Common Trunks, say "Welp timelines hosed might as well smack a bitch"

[edit] "This is for calling me a bastard!!"
I don't even know you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Trunks say that what ever he does when he goes back in time, won't have any effect on his timeline? What's the point then? His world is still gonna be hosed?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Cardboard Box A posted:

Sixteen what does your iPhone scouter say?

I know they joke about it in DBZ:Abridged but 18 must be pissed that 17 is hotter than her.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Dr Gero is great :)

SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE gently caress IS NAMEK!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b65MLS6_w9Q&t=423s

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Twiddy posted:

One thing that kind of always surprised me is that he continued calling himself the Prince of all Saiyans. I mean, there were only 8/2.5/4/? Saiyans alive for much of the series, and none of them were the king. Why didn't he assume the dust particles of the throne floating in space and become the King of all Saiyans? Did he want to kill Freeza first? After that, did he have to prove he was better than Goku?

Or was he just used to calling himself the Prince and it's not like anybody could ever outrank him anyway.

It's Disney Law. Kings and Queens are evil and Princes and Princesses are good...no wait hang on...

Actually, if King Cold was a King why wasn't Frieza "Prince Frieza"?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Philosopher King posted:

I just realized something, why didnt they ever wish future trunk's people back with the dragon balls? Kind of a dick move to just send him back to his ruined planet.

I don't even know why he went back in time. He said that doing so won't fix HIS timeline, only ONE timeline out of a possible infinite variations.

Seems like a waste of valuable resources to me.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

jivjov posted:

Speaking of the SSJ3 transformation...there's 2 ways TFS can play that when they get to it...either keep it right at the original length and go crazy with the screaming....or have it be the quickest and easiest transformation ever. Either would be hilarious...

Single 10 hour youtube video.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

and he can teleport back whenever.

Just like when he was training uub for a year. Oh wait :v:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Man, King Kai's Japanese voice actor just doesn't know how to yell even when King Kai's mouth is being drawn bigger than Goku's stomach.

(Unrelated, but thinking too much about how much Goku eats, he eats his own volume of food multiple times over. All Shonen Jump protagonists must have some kinda fusion core breaking the food down.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Overall I liked the episode. At first I thought Bulma would be sad Vegeta left to train but her saying "knowing you're father, I'm surprised he lasted so long!" or something along those lines makes it seem she was hopeful, but realistic. Which was nice. :)

It's a little weird Vegeta was training so lightly. He's done way harder stuff than that before.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Maybe he has a quota for blowing poo poo up and the caveman planet was as good as any other

I like to think there's an equal number of Gods Of Creation going around making planets and stuff. It's all about checks and balances 'n poo poo.

You know, like when an area has too many rabbits/deer.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Mine was via cultural osmosis so I don't have any memories of it. :(

So I was watching TFS ep 48 again, the one with Tien screaming KI! KO! HO! over and over. Such a badass... Anyhow I was thinking, that move is even more powerful than a kamehameha but at the cost of your own life, unless you take a senzu bean...

So why don't they wrap the beans in some slow dissolving coating and eat a bunch of them. Wrap 1st bean with 1 layer, 2nd bean with 2 layers, 3rd bean with 3 layers etc, multiple time released bean injections!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Stallion Cabana posted:

I honestly never really thought about how few Senzu Beans there are later on in the series; like is it ever explained why after having literally pots full of them during Dragon Ball they're lucky to get like 6 or 7 total later on? Like the last 'big' bag of Senzus was during the Cell Saga, where they got two relatively large bags that both got destroyed, and the rest of the time during those areas they are lucky to get a handful. It's very odd.

Krillin just keeps throwing them away at random people.

Covok posted:

Yajoribe moved in with Korin.

Explanation over.

That too.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

All this reminds me of how good the Sci-Fi channel used to be.
I was 14, flicking through the channels randomly, wait, what's this film called? Fist Of The North Star? I'll give it a tryyyyyoooohholy poo poo

God drat, Sci-Fi.
Akira, Appleseed, Armitage III, Battle Angel Alita, Demon City, Devilman, MD Geist, Venus Wars, Ninja Scroll, Legend Of The Overfiend, Tenchi Muyo, Dominion Tank Police, Ghost In The Shell...

gently caress you, "syfy"

Why yes I am old, bitter and cranky.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

No one posted about TFS's Goku having another Deathbattle with Superman? Huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0D0VGomWb4

Rematches until the end of time

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

After Goku is wished back to life AGAIN, and continues to try to fight Superman, Superman should be all "Yeah you know what, okay. You win. There. I can kill you, but I can't BEAT you."

And Goku will be like "yeeeey! Hey lets go get Icecream!" and then they do. The End.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My biggest wish for Dragonball Super, besides making Broly canon, is to for them to make Piccolo matter in fights. Give him another fusion so he can fight the second form of the next big villain like he did with Frieza, at least.

Can't he just lay a bunch of eggs then absorb them?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Great episode but felt really short! The preview was like, half the episode!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Mega64 does the Frieza saga in 5 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPhv_Ll-BzA

Still a better live action DBZ movie than Evolution.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I'd love to see someone that's super fast but can't actually physically outmatch someone like Goku, so they fight dirty. Thumb in the eye, crotchgrab, throwing dirt, flicking blood, some real Ric Flair poo poo you know?

Also, how come if a baddie is fast enough to get multiple yet ineffective light punches on someone, they don't just... linoleum knife em.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Petiso posted:

People can talk all they want about Goku being pure of heart, but the boiling water scene here was super evil.

Related videos: "How did Krillin seduce 18? Applying real life relationship psychology to Dragon Ball Z"

:chloe:

He's short and bald. I thought she was into that, or am I mixing up TFS with canon?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

If they wanna save animation budget, I wanna see this, but with Vegeta and Trunks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FQjPUOCHXk

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Amorphous Blob posted:

dragon ball z is the coolest show in history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAYmZ32aRk

yamcha and krillin make a good team

Wait, they're worried that if they die in the afterlife, they're gone for good? I thought that wasn't possible?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Oh wait I remember now. It was loving GT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2464SNUsEPA&t=324s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

it was funny to me

E: hell, I think I laughed out loud more this episode than I did in the last 3-4 combined, and that's what I watch this poo poo for

I'm so sorry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread