Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Actually using Glass in a social setting is worse. If you're looking at someone, then look at the Glass display, the other person sees you kind of looking at them but not really.

I saw a piece on... I think it was The Verge? When Glass first came out. The guy was trying it out around the city, and the impression I got of him was a slightly awkward person who didn't want to meet people's eyes, and who looked embarrassed to be having his photo taken in every picture.

Then I watched the video and realised he's actually a confident presenter, it's just that in every picture he was looking at the glass display and that gives a really strange impression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

So basically Google Glass except it also reads your mind?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Nition posted:

Well no, just keep the same settings once you've set them, and use the on-board camera to see stuff.

But I mean, you want the things to recognise exactly what you're looking at, and know exactly which event it needs to trigger. Even if you could cover every situation you might run into, it would be pretty advanced AI that could say identify that you're looking at a business and go beep boop btw here are your infos. You're not asking for a cut down version, you're asking for a super advanced version that doesn't even need controls. Which would be cool, but y'know

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Don't worry, at some point they'll add eye tracking and be able to tell exactly what you're looking at, and maybe even pop up some options to select by glancing at them.

Of course it's google so they'll be watching for exactly which ads hold your attention or make your eyes widen. Are you wearing the glass, or is the glass wearing you???

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Does Google Goggles work on Glass yet? That's almost a Terminator interface, scanning line and all

• Locked thread