Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
I got mine today and it won't detect any of my voice commands except for "OK glass." I have no accent or anything so I'm not sure why I can't get this to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

You can always return it if you feel like it wasn't worth it.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

teejayh posted:

If you say Ok Glass, you should notice a change in the screen and it will list the rest of the voice commands. The list grows as you add glassware.

With glass, if you've having any issues, do a factory reset. I've had a few pair that have random problems. Factory resetting ends up fixing them. Recently, I had a pair come in that out of the box everything worked just fine, other than the head angle wake up. With it turned on, it would never activate no matter what angle you put it at. I performed a factory reset and once it was back, it worked fine, except for now the voice commands wouldn't work from the main launcher. "OK Glass," what was funny is if I took a picture with the button, or a blink, I could then use the voice command. More factory resets, and it didn't change it, so I just started dicking around and installed the strava app, I think the cycling one, and sure enough, voice response is working everywhere.

There is a lot of potential in the glaas for a lot of applications, the rumor is that Google would like to get a public release by the end of the year, but I'm not sure it will happen.

It ended up being an issue with the Twitter app. Once I disabled it, voice commands worked perfectly.

• Locked thread