Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
I want a cut-down version of Google Glass. Get rid of the touch pad, the microphone, anything superfluous to a simple augmented reality display. It needs processor, screen, camera, and a wireless Internet connection. I don't want to give voice commands or fumble through apps in public anyway. I don't want to share on Facebook.

Sync it with a computer to set everything up how you want it: Have it display more information about businesses you're looking at, have it pull up review scores for products you're looking at, have it pull up information about people you're looking at so you can become a Charles Magnussen-style supervillian, whatever.

Everything else just seems to beg the question, "can't I already do that more easily on my phone?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
Well no, just keep the same settings once you've set them, and use the on-board camera to see stuff.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
Yeah, I know. The way Google Glass is now makes a lot more sense from a practical perspective. But yes I want the Terminator-style scan-o-vision.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?

mobby_6kl posted:

Hopefully they'll also be able to make helpful dialog suggestions for the times when you're having trouble coming up with a good response:

New Glass app L'esprit Du Verre automatically searches a database of the wittiest responses to ensure you come up with the perfect retort, every time!

Awkwardly stumble over the "hilarious" response that you're clearly reading from the screen right in front of you. She'll fall into your arms immediately for sure.

• Locked thread