Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

i was also poor growing up and didn't eat good food but i had friends and went outside and played with them and stuff all the time so i wasn't fat.

so OP the question here is why you choose not to have any friends growing up? mb it's important to get your first friend started before you get to chubbs to make new friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Gross Dude posted:

growing up i was an uber nerd, i remember when a friend would invite me over and if be upset because i just wanted to play games by myself.So that's why, video games, video Games were better than friends...

Srs post: in junior high i moved to a new area of town and started a new school and stuff and didn't have many friends outside of school so I got a little chubs from doing nothing until highschool happened and i met people and started doing things again

getting your child to go play outside with people and rollerblade/swim/run around and to learn to enjoy active stuff is super important and probably goes a lot further than just making them lean chicken breast for dinner or w/e (course both together is good too)

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Billy Idle posted:

i eat junk and never exercise and i'm still skinny

lol if you have to work at not being fat

are you 22 or younger by any chance?

e: page 2 snapur

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

uG posted:

edit snipe is even more shameful

ya, you tell yourself that buddy

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

uG posted:

look at me im gonna edit in my snipe im better than the missed snipe guy who didnt edit his post because he is a real man

if you were a real man you wouldn't feel so powerless right now, chummmmm-p

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Nathilus posted:

On the other hand, never be around a person with a fast metabolism that hasn't eaten anything lately. We get really pissy as the blood sugar drops and then we pass out approximately six hours after having eaten.

p. sure you just have diabetes brohem

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Gross Dude posted:

i don't think fat people should be able to vote.They can't even properly decide what to have for lunch, but i am supposed to think they can decide who is going to run the county? uh, no.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

runupon cracker posted:

I've lost over 70 pounds, have gone from clinically obese to merely overweight, and later this year I'll be in the normal range. Losing weight is far and away the hardest thing I've ever done. Telling people it's easy is just making it more likely that they'll fail. Good job doing your part to keep fat people fat, I guess?

losing weight is hard, the hardest thing you'll ever do
seriously it's like dragging a jumbo jet a mile using your scrotum

motivated yet fatties?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

hypersober posted:

Hi guys! This thread motivated me so I skipped lunch and went to spin class instead. When do I start losing the weight?

brb forgot to take a shower

Yo, don't be skipping meals but instead of doing like breakfast,lunch, and dindins eat the same amount but split it into 5 or 6 meals (or more).
legit helps.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Miltank posted:

opposite for me but it is like a hosed up power dynamic thing where i like to be out of her league so i can call the shots.

once had a girl tell me "you know i think you're the prettiest boy i've every dated" instant turn off and i broke up with her like a week later.
like my gut loving sunk when she said it, i don't even know.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

If she meant "pretty" in the waify, distressed girly kind of pretty, get to the gym you god drat pussy.

If she meant "pretty" as in a cute way to say handsome, you're an insecure baby who probably aspires to have a playroom in your wife's house one day which you will unironically refer to as a man cave.

she meant it in the handsome way ofc, getting all types of excited for my future wife and mancave now.
also she was horrible and boring and one of the stupidest loving people i've ever meet so when she said I was the cutest boy she ever dated it dawned on me that there's no loving reason I should be dating this person. i was young dumb and full of cum and figured out i could do better

srry about whatever experience made you so bitter and resentful about the choices i've made in my personal life.
suck my cock

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Torka posted:

nah even then. a really obese person would need abs the size and shape of grapefruits to pick up all that slack skin

do ex-fats still have a bunch of loose skin if they lose weight really slowly, say 20-30 pounds a year?

really sucks if so

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

vyst posted:

I lost 200 pounds in 2013. What have you faggots done?

unironic congrats

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2580/exercise-does-running-burn-more-calories-than-walking this is a good article on running vs speedwalking

quote:

4. To return to our main point, running consumes more calories per unit of distance than walking.
For a person who weighs 70 kilograms (about 154 pounds), walking at 5 kilometers per hour (3.1 miles per hour) consumes 50 calories per kilometer, whereas running at 10 kph (6.2 mph) consumes 78 calories per kilometer.

5. Aha, you say, running is better than walking! Not necessarily, even if we narrowly define "better" as "consumes more calories." When you begin a workout your body is metabolizing carbohydrates, but as the minutes tick by you start burning fat--at minute 50 of light exercise, you're chugging along on a 75/25 fat/carb mix. Sixty percent of your maximum aerobic capacity (reached at roughly 75 percent of maximal heart rate, which is generally calculated as 220 minus your age) is optimal for fat burning; as exercise becomes increasingly strenuous you start burning more carbs. Some have seized on these facts to claim that sustained low- to moderate-intensity exercise is a better way to shed flab than going all out. The point is hotly disputed; I merely note that for the significantly overweight, walking can be easier on the heart, joints, etc.

Basically if you can't/hate to jog for whatever reason speed walk because it's almost as good. Personally I have terrible trick joints and young person arthritis so jogging would be a dumb thing for me to do. Yeah jogging will burn a bit more then speed walking but speed walking will definitely make a huge impact too.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Troposphere posted:

I started smoking pot way more than I used to to deal with the pain from my newly found colitis and I have gained about 20 lbs because of it (food is a lot easier to overindulge in if you're high). been skinny all my life and this past year my health has just poo poo all over everything it's horrible. just gonna try and eat more healthy and actually stop eating when i'm full, and also exercise but it's kind of hard to do so whenever I get my heart rate up it seems I just poo poo a torrent of blood everywhere.

nothing more depressing to a girl than when your belly sticks out further than your boobs imo

srs, I take breaks from weed every once in a while and it absolutely tanks my appetite to the point where i'll get hungry maybe once or twice a day at most. The trick to not getting fat while high is to realize that eating kills your buzz and that you're wasting weed if you pig out while stoned, works for me at least (for the most part)but it did take a while to break the habit of gorging myself.

sorry about your bleeding organs btw

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

demonicon posted:

What is a nutri system?

some dumb fad diet, don't worry about it

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

what makes a difference though is how easy or hard it is to stick to the diet.

i think fad diets would be pretty poo poo for this since a lot of them tell you to cut out food that's perfectly fine if you take the right portion size.
like trying some all meat atkins diets is probably going to be a lot harder to get used to and stick to then eating like a normal loving person but having smaller portions

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

demonicon posted:

That is not entirely true. While beer has enough calories of his own, the body is not able to turn the calories of alcohol into fat. (which is why alcoholics are thin). So if you donīt eat anything after your alcoholic spree you are fine.

the only alcoholics i've met who are thin are thin because they don't eat anything for hours before they drink or while drunk so they can get wasted faster.

and in a beer alcohol is only like 4-6 percent of the product so does that 4-6% content make it so you can't absorb the other 95% of the sugar and barley carbs or what?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

demonicon posted:

No, beer is an exception to the rules and not the least of which was that it was given out during times of fasts. But I said so in my post.

demonicon posted:

Beer on its own wonīt make you fat.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

demonicon posted:

Its a big step from making someone fat and being calorie neutral.

basically as someone who used to drink until blackout drunk and chill with nothing about boozer punks all day and who's now changed their lifestyle and gets drunk maybe 2-3 times a year i can safely say you have no idea what you're talking about and beer makes you loving fat unless you're starving yourself

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Are we talking men here? Women's normal body fat level is like 10% higher than men's, right?

Comparatively so at least.

reposting this for you to read since it's really good http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/ (but yeah women are suppose to have more bodyfat then men)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

because it's full of sexy muscular non-fat goons who didn't need your help?

he's just jealous he isn't getting his commission (low tax pays him for every goon he helps slim down as a way to improve the communities identity)

• Locked thread