Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

If we are going to do a streaming party, my first vote is for Holloween Havoc 98

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

http://yottsumepuroresu.blogspot.com/2014/02/how-to-watch-wwe-network-outside-of.html

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So my registration got processed and everything ... but when I go to the website in Chrome, all I get is a "Purchase the WWE Network" screen -- even if I click the "sign in" button on the homepage. The heck?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Timby posted:

So my registration got processed and everything ... but when I go to the website in Chrome, all I get is a "Purchase the WWE Network" screen -- even if I click the "sign in" button on the homepage. The heck?

I get the same thing in chrome, both normal and canary, both regular and incognito. Try other browsers, it's working for me in Internet Explorer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Deadpool posted:

Kevin Nash (WCW Champion) & Sting vs Randy Savage & Sid in a tag team match where the winner of the fall becomes WCW Champion. Sometimes I wish dumb stipulations like this were left forgotten to time.

WWF did that too, it was like HHH, Vince & Shane vs Taker, Kane and Rock, winner gets the title. Even if Shane gets the pin.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Question for any international people who got this to work, can you just put in a fake US address when signing up?

edit: nm found out

XYZ fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 24, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Kevin Nash (WCW Champion) & Sting vs Randy Savage & Sid in a tag team match where the winner of the fall becomes WCW Champion. Sometimes I wish dumb stipulations like this were left forgotten to time.
The WCW Stipulation Hour would be a good show.

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!

XYZ posted:

Question for any international people who got this to work, can you just put in a fake US address when signing up?

I used my real address (well an old one) until the state/zipcode/country and just filled it in as a Oregon zipcode - That let me through fine when paying through PayPal.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

triplexpac posted:

WWF did that too, it was like HHH, Vince & Shane vs Taker, Kane and Rock, winner gets the title. Even if Shane gets the pin.

King of the Ring 2000. If I'm remembering correctly, Rock got the pin on Vince.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Timby posted:

King of the Ring 2000. If I'm remembering correctly, Rock got the pin on Vince.

That's right. HHH also said that if he won, he would face the KOTR winner for the title (I think).

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Bash at the Bash 94 is streaming with no problems (so far). Got to say the main feature of the network for me is the old PPV archive in decent quality, given that no WCW PPVs were released on DVD in the UK and I've only seen them either on DSF (dubbed in German) or via terrible quality VHS.

Nooooo they added "PHONE NUMBER NO LONGER ACTIVE" over Mean Gene's shill hotline number. Boo.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

If we are going to do a streaming party, my first vote is for Holloween Havoc 98

I cannot wait for stream parties.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I can't wait for some of the old Raws from the time period I missed to show up (hopefully they will), I never saw any of the brand expansion stuff until WM26 or so, when it didn't mean as much. Very interested to see what that looks like.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's a little weird to have a live pre/post show for Raw but have everything attached to one timezone -- I'd have to watch the pre-show at like 4:30 my time and the post-show right around when RAW is starting. Does anyone know if it's going to be on VOD for different timezones or am I just hosed for not living in the One True Timezone?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

triplexpac posted:

At least in WCW's match the Champion was the one that took the fall.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
WCW World War 3 1998. The first ten minutes of the show feature the commentary crew and Mean Gene going through the card, and making sure the US Title match between DDP and Bret Hart is established as an important match.

What a weird thing to see in a wrestling show. Whatever happened to those days?

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

I was a little annoyed that Chromecast wasn't set up initially, but after a few minutes of watching this at a friends house, I had to sign up for myself. This is some of the best background noise ever. My only fear is that they are going to get into a habit of just running Raw and Smackdown replays on the live feeds during the week. I'd love if they'd just start showing old Raws or Nitro's from the beginning of their runs at the same time every day, but I don't get the impression that they plan to do that.

Also, I was able to sign-up without any trouble (I paid through Paypal).

Acrolos fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 24, 2014

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Didn't WWF do it again in the same time period with the IC belt? Something like Eddie and Chyna vs. Val and Trish?

Jabba The American
Sep 5, 2011

I'm gonna have you thrown out of here in a minute!
I uninstalled Avast on Firefox and Chrome and now everything works fine. This is truly the best of all possible worlds.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tried to sign up in Chrome and Firefox to no avail.

Then I clicked on IE for the first time since the Earth was a molten mass of rock, and it, too, won't allow me to sign up.

Tremendous.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Wait, it's now got worse. I now get "Media Error: Video not available" on every video, be it live or VOD.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

I thought that was on a Nitro, so it cant be on the network

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shinjobi posted:

WCW World War 3 1998. The first ten minutes of the show feature the commentary crew and Mean Gene going through the card, and making sure the US Title match between DDP and Bret Hart is established as an important match.

What a weird thing to see in a wrestling show. Whatever happened to those days?

That's called the pre-show now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Deadpool posted:

That's called the pre-show now.

This would irritate me, but I suppose the pre-show will be a lot more accessible with the Network in full swing. I'll wait and see, dohohoho.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shinjobi posted:

This would irritate me, but I suppose the pre-show will be a lot more accessible with the Network in full swing. I'll wait and see, dohohoho.

Youtube is pretty accessible.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't seem to find it on the ps3 store, I'm using unblock-us and can't find the app. Huh. On computer I get Media Error: Video not available for everything.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
This is NXT.

Just saw HHH giving Paige the Women's Belt.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Brokenogre posted:

I thought that was on a Nitro, so it cant be on the network

Spring Stampede 1997

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

My only gripe so far is that there seems to be a severe lack of non-ppv WCW. They have an ECW Hardcore TV episode every day, which is awesome...but I don't see anything for WCW on the live schedule at all. The PPVs are fun, but honestly, the Nitro episodes are where the wacky stuff happened. For someone like me who isn't really a fan of the current product, it's disappointing that the only non-PPV options are mostly WWE stuff from the past year or two.

Also, it seems like their live stuff has a ton of repeats (for instance, the HBK/Michaels doc that's on now is shown 6 times over the next two days).

Acrolos fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 24, 2014

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
On break, my payment goes through without a problem...but the video doesn't seem to be working yet. :smith:

Feeling like Daniel Bryan here

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S9ODZCk0H4

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Deadpool posted:

Youtube is pretty accessible.

I don't really have YouTube access on my TV. Tried using the YouTube app on my PS3 to track down the pre-show to no avail. The possibility exists, I suppose, that I'm just retarded and unable to track things down properly. But...please, what are the chances of that being the case?:smug:

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

VogeGandire posted:

Wait, it's now got worse. I now get "Media Error: Video not available" on every video, be it live or VOD.

Looks like they learned about foreign IP addresses in the archive... using a unblock us trial and it's working again.

Edit: or it's just buggy all over. Who knows.

Giedroyc fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 24, 2014

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK, here is my question: do you have to enter payment information to watch the free one week trial? It doesn't look like it because I created a new account and it takes me to the Network page but I get the Media Error: Video not available message.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
I was taking a look at the ECW PPVs before, and Barley Legal 1997 is obviously not censored, with the crowd chanting "gently caress you Devon" about 2 and a half minutes in. However, ECW Heatwave 1998 is censored when Shane Douglas says gently caress once.

Is this WWE being inconsistent, or was this how it was originally released?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

OK, here is my question: do you have to enter payment information to watch the free one week trial? It doesn't look like it because I created a new account and it takes me to the Network page but I get the Media Error: Video not available message.

Yes you do, you've got to get it to pop up the sign-up page for you. Try IE or another browser and go back to wwe.com

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

laz0rbeak posted:

Didn't WWF do it again in the same time period with the IC belt? Something like Eddie and Chyna vs. Val and Trish?

Didn't they do it fairly recently with like Edge, Kelly Kelly, Dolph Ziggler, and someone else?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Michael Corleone posted:

Yes, you have to. It's like the "free trials" on Netflix or Hulu, if you don't cancel by the time the trial's over, you get billed.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I knew, deep down, long ago that nbc wouldn't let them stream raw/sd or let them put it up the next day, but I was really hoping it would happen anyway (I don't have cable). Is it still worth the :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Giedroyc posted:

Looks like they learned about foreign IP addresses in the archive... using a unblock us trial and it's working again.

I'm surprised they care about foreigners accessing the archive. AFAIK the main reason you guys can't have official access yet is contractual obligations to broadcasters to show PPVs and other programs in other markets.

Jason Funk posted:

I knew, deep down, long ago that nbc wouldn't let them stream raw/sd or let them put it up the next day, but I was really hoping it would happen anyway (I don't have cable). Is it still worth the :10bux:

I don't have cable and the archives and ppvs make it worth it to me. I'm just going to continue to stream Raw like I have for years.