Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I've started entertaining myself with old In Your Houses and Clashes. I think I got spoiled by JR doing commentary on the first Clash. Whoever this is on the second sucks. Doc something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Mania was basically never important, consisting of Todd Pettengill presenting recaps of whatever happened on the previous Raw and maybe superstars. Except when it was the first program to air Backlund losing the belt to Diesel.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

I just want the two episodes of Thunder I was on hard cam for in a decent resolution. ETA: Ten years.

I watched the one I was on when it first aired. Same side as hard cam, and well back from the ring, so I think I caught a glimpse of my sign once or twice. My marker sucked and it was unreadable.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Does anyone watch the network on a Nexus 7 (2012)? It worked great for months but about a month ago I couldn't get anything from the vault to load and I don't know if I want to resub if it's not going to work on my tablet.

Cena! :argh:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Personally I miss when WWE kept a fairly extensive auction site, instead of... Your choice of four things.

They actually sold the Katie Vick dress not too long ago.

Most of a decade ago, actually. It was purchased by the Wrestlecrap guys, and I believe one of them since used it in an indie horror film.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

/r/wwenetwork has a chronological list but I don't think it's split up by fed

Reddit is a poo poo place for poo poo people, but can be useful. http://www.reddit.com/r/wwenetwork/wiki/wwe_network_shows

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

flatluigi posted:

Where's that page that keeps track of everything added to the network?

http://www.reddit.com/r/wwenetwork/wiki/wwe_network_shows

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

The first year or so mattered sometimes, and the preshow Heats. Other than that you'd really just want to see indy stars getting squashed.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Uncensored 1995 features Jim Duggan in an MMA bout that isn't the worst match on the card.

I watched that yesterday. I'm not even sure what the worst match is. There's options. Duggan's is definitely not the worst, because most of it is just bland. Getting a bad, confusing match out of Arn Anderson is certainly an accomplishment on WCW's part.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Like that time he called Goldust a flaming fag.

Or when he said that Goldust's three-year-old daughter should've been named Target, as everyone has had a shot at her. Implying that a three year old girl is promiscuous.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I just watched Uncensored '96. No part of that main made any sense at all.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I get more than a bit of lag with PPVs. People watching non-network streams are routinely a minute or two ahead of me, based on talk in the IRC channel.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

I remember there were some fun promos where Windham and Bradshaw were hanging around a campfire at night like a couple of evil outlaws, talking about how much poo poo everyone was in with the goddamn Blackjacks returning. But yeah, that went nowhere.

On a Raw they told Owen Hart that he had a pretty mouth.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

And then Eric Bischoff puts a middle-aged woman on a giant toilet.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

magnum_valentino posted:

Anyone know what time GMT the Tokyo show from next Saturday will be on? I imagine being in another country it's not the usual 1am.

9:30 AM

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

ptkfvk posted:

they were missing 230-236ish when i was watching recently. It has the arc where Lawler and his son are beating up asian guys. Its pretty weird.

Which is also when Steve Austin, freshly broken neck and all, is still running around and raising hell. Still not sure how that worked.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Because I'm insane I'm going through all the stuff I missed (including Tough Enough, Raws, Smackdowns, PPVs etc.) from when I stopped watching wrestling in 2002. I'm on Wrestlemania X8 now and can someone explain why I'm watching a Saliva concert and why loving Scott Hall is fighting Austin? I watched the previous PPV and RAW so I get the story, but it seems really lame to stick Austin with such a weak feud. It's kinda lovely to see his stock fall like that.

They wanted Austin/Hogan. Austin said no, because Hogan.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

At what point does Raw in 1997 become must see every week? In my head I'm thinking I might dive in the Raw after KOTR and go forward from there.

I'd go with whenever it became Raw Is War. It came with a huge jump forward in production quality.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Pet Rock Band posted:

I saw SPECTRE, and now I want to watch some good Batista matches or moments. Any suggestions other than the 6-man tags vs The Shield or the matches w/ Undertaker?

Warning: Most Batista matches are bad matches.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Wait until you get to the OJ trial.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Vince thought it was hilarious. Also I think the impersonator was friends with Todd Pettengill which is how he got the gig. He got used like 4 or 5 times over the years.

He was even at Wrestlemania X!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

'94 Update!

You're a month or two away from a Bret/Kid match on Raw that gets a good amount of time, actually. Great match.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Willninho posted:

I've been unsubscribed for a while now and they just offered me free until January 31; is this for everyone or just lapsed users?

I'd forgotten my password and had to reset it so now I can't have several free months of network.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Same. Listened to Bruno talk about fighting an organutan for $50 and then not getting paid.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Where is this from? His HOF speech? I wanna hear this.

One of the Story Time episodes. "Before the ring" or something, the thumbnail was a cartoon Miz on a couch with his mom.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Tuesday in Texas matters so little they forgot to even give timestamps for one of the matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

That Bret/Kid match is so good.