Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Do Fencing again and then kill him with magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I'm with Zonohedron. Bird is the word.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Magic him to death.

Niel
Mar 5, 2013
I vote Falcons.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I want to try Falcons.

This dude was the first thing to kill me in that game I would like to explore his fight a little (Well, first I couldn't really avoid at that point by picking the other option right there like not going to that bloody party...)

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Kill him with magic, like we should have in the first place

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Magic Death 3.0

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Can you smell what Elodie is cooking?

It's Kevan!

Charcoal(death, magic death).

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Not for naught had we gained access into darksome cults, had harkened to the grisly whispers of the votaries of Skelos under midnight trees, and read the forbidden iron-bound books of Vathelos the Blind. Let us fry him where he stands*.

*:and direct all complaints to our Lumen Minister, it's about time she pulled her weight.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I've played Virtue's Last Reward, I know how this works. We go back and hit the 'kill him with fire' button.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We have already demonstrated to the rabble that we know our way around a sword. No reason to put down our chilled drink when we can burn him to ashes with a wave of our free hand.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Nuke him! The crazy dumbass deserves it.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

:doh: See, this is why you don't take chances and just go straight for the magic fire. Which is what we should go back and do now.

This.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I love that no one has voted for refusing the duel.
Though I suppose nuking the guy with magic (which is what Elodie should do) is also a refusal, just a more aggressive one.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Raygereio posted:

I love that no one has voted for refusing the duel.

I have a feeling this nutcase wouldn't have taken no for an answer, anyway. Likely that option just ends with him rushing us and trying to cut our head off right there. Remember what happened last time we didn't immediately agree to his demands?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

As I've posted before this death kill him with fire!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I can't believe I read all 103 pages of this LP in one sitting. This game is magical and I was positively blown away by deus ex animedad.

I want to try the Falcon gambit so we have enough energy to stab this jerk.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Geez, I go away for the weekend and I come back to a dead Elodie.

Let's do it right this time. KILL IT WITH FIRE. :flame:

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Part of me wants to go the "Burn him with fire" route, and another is zoning in on that "not enough energy" bit. I'm probably not going to get much headway on this plan, but my vote is to Not participate in the tournament, then try to stab him again. I'm not sure how the Falconry gambit would preserve any energy, and isn't Elodie III's Falconry skill a whole 0?
EDIT: Zonohedron makes a good point. Falconry gambit it is, then.

gameface fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 5, 2014

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

gameface posted:

Part of me wants to go the "Burn him with fire" route, and another is zoning in on that "not enough energy" bit. I'm probably not going to get much headway on this plan, but my vote is to Not participate in the tournament, then try to stab him again. I'm not sure how the Falconry gambit would preserve any energy, and isn't Elodie III's Falconry skill a whole 0?

If we don't participate, we'll stay in the castle, where Kevan cannot go to challenge us. So if you want to stab him (or incinerate him), we need to participate in something.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Zap him away. I voted for stabbing before, because it seemed like it was the more interesting option, but I probably should have expected that there would be tests for related skills. :eng99: I think we have everything we need to properly use magic, though, especially since it's all in the same tree?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Oh, good. Unless there are counting shenanigans or I am really bad at keeping a tally in my head I didn't manage to summon a :bandwagon: after all. I was starting to get seriously worried :tinfoil:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Starting Point

Elodie 3.0 Option 1: Kill with magic: 58

Plan Zonohedron: 27

Ban MegaZeroX From Voting

No: 3

Yes: 2

I voted yes but it was a joke: 1

:siren:More Thread Rules:siren:

All votes must be in bold. If it isn't in bold, then your vote doesn't count.

You change your votes by editing your post, unless it is less than an hour from the time voting closes, in which case you can make a comment about you changing your vote. If you make a comment about changing your vote before that time, the announcement can not be in bold, and you need to edit your original post.

zonohedron posted:

Oh, good. Unless there are counting shenanigans or I am really bad at keeping a tally in my head I didn't manage to summon a :bandwagon: after all. I was starting to get seriously worried :tinfoil:

Your being modest. You got 1/3 of the thread to vote with your plan.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 5, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Without a further word, you direct the full force of your magical wrath at the Earl of Io.

There is a horrible scream, and the smell of burning flesh.

I decline.

Kevan's sword falls to the ground beside his gauntlet. He won't be needing either anymore.

There are approximately eleven battalions, one company, and two platoons under your direct command. Your newest ships of the line are undergoing final checkout.

Now that we burnt a noble alive with a smile on our face, vote for: 2 classes, whether or not we should recruit more soldiers, and whether Elodie should lead the fleet or not.

Make sure you have read the amended thread rules.

Skyfinder
Dec 28, 2012
Recruit more soldiers, lead the fleet and swim!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MegaZeroX posted:

[i]Now that we burnt a noble alive with a smile on our face, vote for: 2 classes, whether or not we should recruit more soldiers, and whether Elodie should lead the fleet or not.

2 classes? Swimming x2

recruit more soldiers? gently caress yes, drag beggars off of the street if you have to.

lead the fleet? gently caress yes!

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 5, 2014

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Let's celebrate Cinco de Mayo by sinking their ships, personally! :black101:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Reflexes x2 because reflexes are important;
Hire more soldiers because we're just going to turn them into Marines and take them on the ships with us and more Marines = better;
Wear the Uniform because we need to look impressive;
and lastly
Lead the fleet because why else do we have 300 Military and 300 Lumen?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

:black101:

Do some Ciphering x2 for the heck of it, don't recruit more soldiers (our coffers are emptying out!), but do lead the fleet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Zeroisanumber posted:

2 classes: Swimming x2

recruit more soldiers: gently caress yes, drag beggars off of the street if you have to.

This. We might need to swim if we go out on a boat.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

zonohedron posted:

Hire more soldiers because we're just going to turn them into Marines and take them on the ships with us and more Marines = better;
and lastly

Must... bandwagon...

All hail zonohedron! :worship:

This.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Zeroisanumber posted:

2 classes? Swimming x2

recruit more soldiers? gently caress yes, drag beggars off of the street if you have to.

I'll go with this.

Also, wear the uniform.

If our magic, warrior princess is going to be leading the charge against the evil anime army, she needs to be in top shape to fight drawn out battles! :black101:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Swim, and also swim. Lead the fleet dammit! And do not hire more soldiers, because our treasury is in danger of running out maybe and that would be a Bad Thing.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

2 classes? Swimming x2

I'll go with this one.

Down the line I'd also like to see what happens if we try to refuse the duel with our current skill set. Just burninating the guy just feels a bit off for this Elodie.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Public speaking x2. We may not be up to Henry V's standards, but we may well need to rouse ALL our troops when we Lead the fleet. "I know I have the body of a weak, feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and a king of Nova, too!"

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

zonohedron posted:

and lastly

This cause it's what I'd have voted for anyway.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Obviously, you need to learn some cyphering, if you want to direct messages between ships on a fleet.
By the way: Lead the fleet.

If you unlock the catsuit by some miracle, wear it.
Either way don't wear the tuxedo. That's not a outfit for a boat.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
When this playthrough ends, whether through victory or death, can we come back to try plan Zonohedron? I really want to make sense of that whole thing. Or maybe we can try again and shoot for having enough lore/history before the party since intrigue was mostly useless this time.

Lead the Fleet.

W're probably too poor to afford more recruits, and probably don't need them anyway.

Reflexes, just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Trade and Production, don't hire more soldiers, wear the uniform for our glorious battle, lead the fleet.

• Locked thread