Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Might as well smite the navy, as there is no real point of forging the victory by bleeding both sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
Fight with magic.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Fight with the Navy

Train Swimming, because what else is there at this point.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
Let's see some proper Naval battles. We spent good money on those ships and troops, might as well see what good they are.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Fight with the navy. Why did we spend all that money if we can't order men to their watery deaths?

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

zonohedron posted:

We don't even know whether Togami actually is their king!

That is a mildly interesting point.

I guess if he's not, he's probably gathering crystals so he can arm his potential-Lumen allies, stage a coup, and make himself king? Or something like that, it doesn't actually matter while he's up in our face.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Or maybe Elodie's just surprised that a king would lead an invasion with himself as the head - and hasn't learned enough about Shanjia to know that such is tradition for their rulers, or that their kings have to prove themselves in combat before their own coronation.

...on that note, now I'm wondering if there's a Marry Togami option because that would be the best.

Also, in case I forgot to vote, Conventional warfare. Let us not have tanked our economy for nothing.

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 7, 2014

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Gyra_Solune posted:

...on that note, now I'm wondering if there's a Marry Togami option because that would be the best.

I am now casting my vote to use magic to control his mind! RULE THE WORLD!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Battle

Use magic against the fleet: 44

Fight with navy only: 36

Outfit

Magical Girl: 5

Uniform: 4

Tux: 1

No Tux: 1

Mood

Not Angry: 1

Other

Check the treasury: 1

Classes

Swimming: 70

Reflexes: 5

Climbing: 5

No Swimming: 4

Decoration: 4

Composure: 2

Public Speaking: 2

Weapons: 2

Archery: 1

Horses: 1

Herbs: 1

Running: 1

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ah, so we're gonna use our magic to turn back time in order to make more ships to fight the fleet conventionally! Good choice.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

So be it.

You visit the royal treasury and check your available funds. You have one hundred and sixteen gold lassi and forty-two silver tilassi.

Your skill in Swimming is now 50. You may not increase this skill until your other Athletics skills are 25 or higher.

You and your three fellow Lumens join hands to focus your powers.

Your magical training has paid off by allowing you to stage this attempt at a safe distance from the invading vessels of war.

Then, as they fall, the water rushes back in around them, washing over decks and pummelling hulls.

Even from so far away, you can see the disturbance you have made rippling through the water.

:toot: Fleet destroyed in approximately 5 seconds! Goons that want to see the conventional ship battle can vote for it when Elodie is coronated or dies.

Vote for 2 classes.

PS: The next 2 weeks will be interesting, more so than the actual ship battle, so stick around.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 7, 2014

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Aww, that was hilariously anticlimactic.

Anyway, Reflexes x2. It would still be nice to be able to fight a proper duel.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Anything that will max out Economics. We may just make it to coronation, so let's do something that'll eventually repair that treasury.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Why were these jerks trying to invade us, anyway? We need more Foreign Intelligence to find out.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Brush up Intrigue

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
:toot: Last time we got this far, the only thing that stood between us and coronation was spontaneous peasant rebellion, and aside from toasting that mad noble, I don't know if we've done that bad. The country is intact, the tax situation is fine... but to be sure, work on Public Speaking just in case we ever need to sweet-talk some filthy plebs upstanding and important members of the citizenry.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Oh my god we spent all of our money on boats and soldiers and we didn't actually need any of it.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Intrigue!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

gregory posted:

Oh my god we spent all of our money on boats and soldiers and we didn't actually need any of it.

Now we return the favor and invade. :getin:

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Lore this time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Didn't we have thousands of gold to start with? This seems bad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
These Swimming lessons sure paid off.
We are dangerously close to bankruptcy. Therefore you should max out accounting.

One Room Disco
Dec 23, 2013
Flexibility and Reflexes, why not.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Reflexes x2 because this way we'll be able to dodge anything "interesting" the next two weeks throw at us. I hope.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

We have the ships and we have the men, let's become (magical) pirate queen princess. :pirate:

Uh... pirates need to study falconry for parrots and reflexes to walk with a peg leg.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Welp, we emptied the treasury for nothing.

Let's study Court Manners leading up to our inevitable coronation. :sparkles:

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Study Decoration x2. We seem to actually be close to coronation, so it would be nice to know how to look our best for the occasion.

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012
Well, that went better than expected.

Are we sure that Anime King is dead?

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Decoration x2.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Bookworm posted:

Study Decoration x2. We seem to actually be close to coronation, so it would be nice to know how to look our best for the occasion.

This! We need to know how to look our best on.... uh... 116L 42t. We can invent thrift stores and then "thrift store chic" or something. :sparkles:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Public Speaking x2

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

kick_the_penguin posted:

Are we sure that Anime King is dead?
Nope. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he suddenly showed up at the castle dripping wet and killing Elodie after she fails a climb check or whatever.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Umm. I can't easily compare the treasury numbers on my phone but I'm pretty sure we are *this close* to bankruptcy. I would train public speaking x2 because we have a lot of asses to kiss to save our financial bacon.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
We should print pamphlets explaining that deficit spending drives economic growth.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Decoration x2

If we're going to be thrown out we might as well be going out in style.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Not really sure what we'll have to look out for, but I assume it's internal so learn Internal Affairs.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Isn't the money in our treasury report discretionary funding? I don't think we're actually going to go bankrupt as long as we still have some left over. Might mean we can't spring for the Super Fancy Party, but I think we did a good job this run.

2x Decoration, let's be the prettiest queen!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Pretty princess time! Decoration x2

No tux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Decoration x2. For once we ought to look pretty!

• Locked thread