Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Just as we started talking about an Elodie civ for Civ 5. One of the suggestions was that she'd get a bonus for opening a policy tree, and another for completing a policy tree, kind of like how she gets a bonus towards increasing a skill when that category of skills already has points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Leave her alone please.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Off with her head!

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Let's kill her.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Suffer not a witch to live.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The Witch

Execute her: 30

Leave her alone: 12

Taunt her anyway: 3

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

GUARDS!

Go in there and get your swords ready.

Cut her head off. Right now.

Julianna's eyes snap open, staring at you. But it doesn't matter, because there's nothing she can do. She's a helpless prisoner. ... Right?

Game over count: 2

Welp. That was quick. Don't worry, I'm not going to send us back to week 1. Tomorrow Elodie will just leave Julianna alone.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Great job everyone, we have learned a valuable lesson today: Don't piss off wizards.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
In Monarchist Nova, Witch burns you!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Congratulations thread, you managed to discover the quickest chain of events that leads to a death!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I told you the game was giving us warnings but ya'll wouldn't listen!! :argh:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zikan posted:

Congratulations thread, you managed to discover the quickest chain of events that leads to a death!

Is it really?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well, I think (or hope) everyone caught on that by the third time the game winked and told us "You should free the witch. I mean, really", that going against the grain would net us a swift Magic Missile upside the head, but everyone wanted to see the trainwreck. Hopefully we can actually try to do something before being snuffed out this time. :v:

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

MegaZeroX posted:

-snip-

Welp. That was quick. Don't worry, I'm not going to send us back to week 1. Tomorrow Elodie will just leave Julianna alone.

Does that mean the Taunt option has the same outcome, just with less guards?

gameface fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 15, 2014

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
The princess is dead
The chains of light and gold
Stole her little breath
Her body lies now cold

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

gameface posted:

Does that mean the Taunt option has the same outcome, just with less guards?

Taunting her doesn't have the same outcome as ordering her execution, but the "leave her alone" option got the second most votes.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Is it really?

Yes

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Is it really?

I think the earliest thing that could theoretically kill you would be the snake in the garden, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any way to actually die from that.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 16, 2014

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Haha, now I don't have to worry about that death being something cool or important to do for the achievements. They could have at least given a bit more description.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:stare:

Note to self. Never execute Lumens. :gonk:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Whatever, we still got the last laugh. She's going to head home to learn she lost her nobility. :smug:

But okay yeah, I kind of had a feeling this was how it was going to end up. I mean the game basically did everything short of pulling us aside and going "You are going to die you dipshit" in regards to her. Also, this is just more proof we need to become the best magic girl, because everybody knows not to gently caress with a Lumen. :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

We also have proof that becoming a magical girl is pointless if she doesn't pick up the Deflect Missile spell.

Also, I keep missing the votes because of indecisiveness. :bang:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Pyroi posted:

Great job everyone, we have learned a valuable lesson today: Don't piss off wizards.
Maybe if we can keep Elodead around long enough she can learn: stand back and let your nameless disposable minions faithful Royal Guards take the hit, unless the enemy has full-line-of-sight and/or wide-area spells in which case distract the wizard while your mandatory token rogue-equivalent gets into position for a sneak attack.

e:

Poil posted:

We also have proof that becoming a magical girl is pointless if she doesn't pick up the Deflect Missile spell.

Also, I keep missing the votes because of indecisiveness. :bang:
Have her pick up a copy of the Dragon Age: Origins spellbook for Mana Clash to instagib all mages. :unsmigghh:

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Sydin posted:

Whatever, we still got the last laugh. She's going to head home to learn she lost her nobility. :smug:

Assuming she, y'know, survives committing regicide (though given the skills listed for Wield Magic just at 60 or so included "death laser", I'll grant she has decent odds of escaping).

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Is it really?

Right, you can't die before week 7. (If we hadn't seen it, I was planning to show it off after we'd won once.) You can go taunt her before that, but then you can't visit her again until after you give her title to her brother, at which point you can go back and either taunt her some more, ignore her, or get zorched.

nielsm posted:

Regardless of the outcome, Lottie is sent home right away. I don't know if [the outcome] affects later events.

One of the possible outcomes from the Snake Incident makes one difficult-to-see scene a little bit longer, and provides an additional choice and a little bit of context in an event that is not guaranteed but not particularly difficult to trigger. The other outcomes do not, as far as I know, have any effect.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Welp, I thought so. The game tried hard, it really did, but it could not overcome the nature of goons.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

I was expecting some sort of walking dead situation where we'd need her alive later to be able to continue, but getting straight up fireballed is hilarious.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
I don't there are any dead princess walking situations if you have the appropriate skills.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My favorite part is there weren't even any skill checks to fail. The game doesn't even give you a chance to dodge or deflect or anticipate, it's just "No, gently caress YOU your majesty. Zap"

This is more what I was expecting from this thread.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Well they could've put a Resist Magic check, but I think that might've been a bit of a moot point for this decision branch.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Well they could've put a Resist Magic check, but I think that might've been a bit of a moot point for this decision branch.

That ending is the game slapping you in the face and asking, "What is wrong with you? Are you racist against magic?"

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Is there any way to even train up Resist Magic if you throw your magic teacher in a dungeon before finding out how to get your magical powers?

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Is there any way to even train up Resist Magic if you throw your magic teacher in a dungeon before finding out how to get your magical powers?

I don't think so. A solution is presented to learn magic but I don't think you can even train it by that point.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So we're rewinding to the "Let her rot in jail" leave her alone, or the "Never arrest her" leave her alone?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Archenteron posted:

So we're rewinding to the "Let her rot in jail" leave her alone, or the "Never arrest her" leave her alone?

We are rewinding to the "Let her rot in jail" leave her alone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

You are not supposed to have any resist magic at tht point. But if there was a check, you could theoretically cheat yourself the requied stats. It would be kind of weird to have a check, which you can only pass if you cheat, though.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

and then the game acknowledges your cheating and calls you a dirty cheater and kills Elodie anyway

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

She doesn't respond. From this distance, you can't be certain she's even breathing. Not that you're going to go into her cell to check. You're not that stupid.

Still, it's... a little bit creepy. From now on you'll just avoid this cell.

Dareon posted:

Take the monocle off our catsuit and add it to the Tuxedo.

It may only be for one image, but it is glorious!

There is a man here to see you. He wishes Crown funding for a project of his. Remember, the treasury is not unlimited. If you choose to invest, you will have less money to work with later.

Man: Your Royal Highness, I have a plan to print books using metal letters which can be moved and reused. I need to borrow 875 lassi to assemble the metal and a factory to mold and cast the type. With this system, we will be able to create new books in a fraction of the time it takes now, and make copies to send all over the world.

(Hmm. If it really works, that could be a very important invention.)

We would be happy to invest in your venture.

Week 9 unfolds exactly the same as last time except...

This takes away the option to immediately go to war with Ixion.

Your skill in Court Manners is now 50. You may not increase this skill until your other Conversation skills are 25 or higher.

You have the full support of my sister and myself, Your Highness.

Hmph. Let's get this over with.

Diplomat from Ixion: Your Royal Highness, thank you for granting me this audience. I am sure we can come to an amicable agreement.

Diplomat from Ixion: Let bygones be bygones, no? We will forget about your unprovoked attacks on us, and you will transfer the rights to this little province. We can be good neighbors again, without any lives being lost.

That is not acceptable. All the land north of the river belongs to us. We are willing to offer some payment in exchange for the inconvenience you have suffered, but nothing more.

Diplomat: I believe we could settle the matter for eight thousand golden lassi.

(That's more than all of Maree pays in taxes in a year! It's far too much.)

Of course, we are going full :20bux: queen, so the correct choice is obvious.

You and I both know that's more than the land is worth. Four thousand lassi is more than generous.

Diplomat: Then we accept your generosity.

(Phew. At least that's over with.)

Still, 4000 Lassi sound like a lot. Let's check our treasury.

You visit the royal treasury and check your available funds. You have five thousand, one hundred and twenty-two gold lassi and thirty-four silver tilassi.

So, between the printing press and the negotiation, we've used up about half of the royal treasury.

1) Vote for 3 classes

2) How should Elodie deal with the old woman? Should she pardon her, imprison her, execute her, or ask the Earl of Io about his story (if we have enough internal affairs)?

3) Should I continue to show the weekend events, or should I leave them out (unless they are special or new)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Elegance x2 Flattery x1 Let's work on actual royalty skills, being fabulous and lying through our teeth.

Execute Her

• Locked thread