Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Yeah, let's not antagonise the suspiciously-powerful mage by calling her lie. Hire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Lucille

Offer her a court position: 53

Accuse her: 36

Keep her secret: 1

Yes: 1

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

What I think I should tell everyone is that you are my new Lumen Minister.

What?

Lumens have power. If you train with me, you'll become even stronger. I want that strength here to defend the capital. You'll have status and recognition and no one will dare to call you a witch. What do you say?

I accept.

Good!

It's nice to be able to enjoy time with friends and family, isn't it?

Vote for 3 classes, and choose how you want to fail the Week 18 event. Is it time for Elodie to retire the Magical Girl outfit?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Foreign inteligence x3. We'll be caught with our pants skirt down by the invasion again.

Let's fail to trip her this time.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Get as much Foreign Intelligence x3 as possible so we can try to get the intrigue event.
Flattery failure

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
We'll finish off Wield Magic in one week, so lets use the rest of the time for Intrigue x2.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Let's fail that check with some false flattery! As for classes, Wield Magic x1, and Foreign Intelligence x2.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Let's get Wield Magic, and then get angry and work on swords x2

Let's be the most aggressive pretty princess of all time :black101:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Fail to impress her with silent scorn
Wiled Magic x1, Foreign Intelligence x2

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Broenheim posted:

Let's get Wield Magic, and then get angry and work on swords x2

Let's be the most aggressive pretty princess of all time :black101:

I like this idea. Once Wield Magic is at 100, wear anything but the magic thing.

Changing my vote to Logistics x3, since plenty of people have voted for "do one wield magic class and then other stuff" and Logistics seems more likely to win than Swords.

Let's try shaming Sirin. We saw the scene with Presence of mumbletylots, let's see it with Presence of 0.00!

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 25, 2014

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Intrigue!x3

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

zonohedron posted:

I like this idea. Once Wield Magic is at 100, wear anything but the magic thing.

Let's try shaming Sirin. We saw the scene with Presence of mumbletylots, let's see it with Presence of 0.00!

Which reminds me...

Anti-tux for life!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Poil posted:

Foreign inteligence x3. We'll be caught with our pants skirt down by the invasion again.

Let's fail to trip her this time.

This seems like a good a plan as any! What good is a magical army without someone to crush with it? We need targets ASAP.

Since our forces will be magical girls you'd better never take that thing off, either.

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
We succeeded scorn, before. Let's fail it!
Internal Affairs x2. I too wish to get that intrigue event, but felt like being contrary and picked a different intrigue skill.

As for the dress...we'll do another wield magic class some other week soon, after than we can wear something else. However, we don't have that many outfits unlocked right now. Maybe we'll work on intrigue enough to wear the catsuit again...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Wield magic, and trip her.

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014
Wield magic to finish it off andIntrigue x2 to direct agents.
Flattery is always the best one to fail. There is no way the others can be better than that.
Switch to a non-magical girl outfit once the magic stats are all maxed.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Bookworm posted:

Flattery is always the best one to fail. There is no way the others can be better than that.

Flattery failed is certainly my favorite of the seven possibilities, too, but we've seen that one!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

We need more Intrigue, so Internal Affairs, Foreign Intelligence, and Ciphering

Fail False Flattery Forever!

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Wield Magic to finish that off, and then switch to Foreign Intelligence x 2.

For the event, trip her and then point and laugh.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Fail to impress her with silent scorn
Wiled Magic x1, Foreign Intelligence x2

Sounds good to me. I'll second that.

As for the outfit, I'm still gonna vote Magical Girl because I get a perverse glee out of making other Goons incredibly uncomfortable. :allears:

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Wield Magic x1 and Intriguex2. And the FabuTux.

EDIT:

Make that Wield Magic x1, Productionx1, and Tradex1, after being reminded about the chocolates, since that's the skillset we're best at of the skills that can save you. And still the FabuTux.

nweismuller fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 25, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Little reminder: the thread may want to start pushing one of the various skills that checks before the poisoned chocolates. Best not to waste an Elodie on screwing that up when you know what's coming.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Was decor one of those checks? Let's just pump expression skills forever.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Was decor one of those checks? Let's just pump expression skills forever.

The checks were for Production, Court Manners, and dogs. Granted, the chocolates will come something like 15 turns from now.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

The checks were for Production, Court Manners, and dogs. Granted, the chocolates will come something like 15 turns from now.
Divination, Production+Trade, Court Manners and Dogs.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

You're right, and it looks like it will come on Week 32. We're voting on classes for week 18 at the moment.

The Divination check doesn't obviously save Elodie from the chocolates, but I suppose it makes sense that seeing the omen would make her hesitate rather than chow down right away.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Let's wear the tuxedo, put ranks into court manners, and fail to trip Sirin. We've already seen the failed flattery attempt, so at the very least it would be new content.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Go to church sometime

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Wield Magic then Intrigue.

There's also a decoration check that he didn't post grouped in with the rest of them. There are a lot of ways to avoid eating those chocolates.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Desuwa posted:

There's also a decoration check that he didn't post grouped in with the rest of them. There are a lot of ways to avoid eating those chocolates.

"This box of chocolates clashes with the curtains. Discard it immediately!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Be a red mage. Swords forever.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Foreign Intelligence, Foreign Intelligence, Internal Affairs

The Intrigue check to direct our agents is coming soon.

Desuwa posted:

There are a lot of ways to avoid eating those chocolates.
And that's assuming we even receive them in the first place.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Wield Magic x1 Military x2

We've got a bonus there already, we can work on swords once we're angry.

Pretty sure we won't pass Intrigue check this week, what with only one lesson session to get any skills in it. Ah well.

Fail at scorn I guess.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ephemeron posted:

Foreign Intelligence, Foreign Intelligence, Internal Affairs

The Intrigue check to direct our agents is coming soon.

And that's assuming we even receive them in the first place.

This sounds good.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Let's double up on Foreign Intel and finish off learning to Wield Magic, so we can sharpen our Aunt's skills as iron sharpens iron. Scorn.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
e: changing my vote Finish Wield Magic, do Naval Strategy, Logistics

Frankly, I'm not too worried about Chocolates yet. I'm more concerned that if the intel check happens immediately, 30 skill won't be enough to pass it.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 25, 2014

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Battlefield Medicine, Naval Strategy, Logistics,
Elodie learns about physical comedy when she fails to trip Sirin,
Graciously gift our aunt with her official new uniform, and switch from wearing the tuxedo to the Military uniform instead as soon as we get it.

If I remember correctly, it was stated on the Econofaith run that the upcoming Intrigue check is 40. I suppose it's possible there might be a partial check, though.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A modest proposal

Goons and goonettes. As you may know, thanks to the power of previous playthroughs, we know that there is trouble looming ahead. Namely this fucker:

Look at his face. Look at how smug he is. I say we wipe that grin off his face.

He will be coming to Nova by ship.

As of the latest update, we have fifty points in Strategy, and zero points in both Logistics and Naval Strategy. My plan, therefore, is the following: we first study Logistics so we break the 50-point cap on the other two Military skills. Then we pour everything we have into Naval Strategy and bring it to 100, so we can sail to meet Togami's fleet when it shows up and end him before he even sets foot on Novan soil.

My vote: logistics x2 and naval strategy.

What says you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Mikl posted:

A modest proposal

Goons and goonettes. As you may know, thanks to the power of previous playthroughs, we know that there is trouble looming ahead. Namely this fucker:

Look at his face. Look at how smug he is. I say we wipe that grin off his face.

He will be coming to Nova by ship.

As of the latest update, we have fifty points in Strategy, and zero points in both Logistics and Naval Strategy. My plan, therefore, is the following: we first study Logistics so we break the 50-point cap on the other two Military skills. Then we pour everything we have into Naval Strategy and bring it to 100, so we can sail to meet Togami's fleet when it shows up and end him before he even sets foot on Novan soil.

My vote: logistics x2 and naval strategy.

What says you?

If we don't notice anything odd about the poisoned chocolates because we didn't have enough ranks in any of the skills, then we'd never see Anime King in the first place.

• Locked thread