Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Climb and look.

Double swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:stare:

Run and hide! For the love of god, just run!

Also, Internal Affairs and swords.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Guards! Guards!

On a related note, this is as good a time as any to learn voice. Ciphering could also be useful, I bet.

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 11, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Climb and take a peak, and if we don't get her killed, train her in swords and agility.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
With great faith twice
Climb up the wall

Be carefull when you rise
You don't want to fall

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Oh god we're gonna die. Call the guards.

Then train swords twice to deal with whatever kills the guards.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Oh god we're gonna die. Call the guards.

Then train swords twice to deal with whatever kills the guards.

I vote for these too. Time to get serious.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
I vote for Military x 2!.

This situation seems like a failed check waiting to happen! Surely our princess with no skills whatsoever in Athletics will be fine. Run and hide. Calling the guards will just get Julianna in trouble;by the way, why is there no "Call Julianna, she's sitting right there and we already know she knows how to use a sword and/or magic" option?

We should Pick options that lead to Elodie becoming Angry, because that will probably boost her Weapons(Swords!) skills.

Happy Blue fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 11, 2014

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Call Guards that's what they're there for.

I'll double down on Logistics as well.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
This is what the guards are paid for.
My vote is Logistics and Internal Affairs. Time for some audits!

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Guards!

Swords x 2, it is time we learn to defend ourselves and our FREEDOM.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

We have minions and wish to use them. Call the Guards

Spy minions are the best minions Ciphering x2

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

I vote for Falcons and anything in Agility.
Again.

MegaZeroX: A suggestion... What if instead of counting votes for morning and afternoon lessons separately, you count it all together and then use the winner for the morning lessons, and the runner up for the afternoon. I know it's not that precise, but it would be a lot less fiddly for us voters. For example, now if I want to train Falcons, I need to reread all the posts and check whether it's better voting for them in the morning or in the afternoon. I'd very much appreciate if I could just throw my vote and not care about AM and PM. People can still double-vote, in that case you count the second eg. Falcons as a separate entity. Like this:

Dogs - 11
Falcons - 9
Horses - 6
Falcons x2 - 2

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Speaking of which, is there ever a moment when the distinction between morning and afternoon classes actually matters?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Call the guards! And let's go for Logistics in the morning and Reflexes in the afternoon. Maybe this time it'll win.

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
It is incredibly tempting to vote with climbing the hedge to see if it can be pushed to win, if only out of curiosity if this is going to lead to an untimely death/injury via falling off a hedge or getting stabbed in the face, but...Have the lessons in court manners taught nothing? We are a princess, we do not go mounting shrubberies. We have people to deal with mysterious miscreants.
Guards, Guards!

I also support the notion of using that bonus to military learnings. Never know when logistics and strategy could come in handy.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Frocobo posted:

Speaking of which, is there ever a moment when the distinction between morning and afternoon classes actually matters?
None at all. At least I don't think so, unless it's hidden or a special event I've never seen.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

markus_cz posted:

MegaZeroX: A suggestion... What if instead of counting votes for morning and afternoon lessons separately, you count it all together and then use the winner for the morning lessons, and the runner up for the afternoon. I know it's not that precise, but it would be a lot less fiddly for us voters. For example, now if I want to train Falcons, I need to reread all the posts and check whether it's better voting for them in the morning or in the afternoon. I'd very much appreciate if I could just throw my vote and not care about AM and PM. People can still double-vote, in that case you count the second eg. Falcons as a separate entity. Like this:

Dogs - 11
Falcons - 9
Horses - 6
Falcons x2 - 2

But then it will be pretty rare for double votes to win. I've been tossing around the idea to have only one pool of votes and if the top one is more than double the the second place vote in points, it will win. I guess next time I can try that out.

Frocobo posted:

If one skill is at 50 or will reach 50, selecting it in PM and the last skill you need to raise above 25 in the AM, then it would matter. Other than that, it doesn't matter.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 11, 2014

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Ciphering and Strategy

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 11, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Important: I have changed the voting system. I will no longer discern between AM and PM classes. If the first place skill has more than double the second, than we will double up on the first place skill. Otherwise, it will be the top two skills.

Hedge Choice

Call Guards: 12

Climb up to look over the hedge: 9

Run and hide: 2

Class Points

Swords: 26.5

Logistics: 18.1

Ciphering: 15.4

Every other skill < 10

The exact class vote stats can be found here.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

However, by the time the response is organised and directed to the area beyond the palace, there's no sign of any intruder. You wonder if you were only imagining it.

We should see if we can get our Lumen crystal from the treasury.

It seems Elodie will need more presence and/or a knowledge of what money is in order to get into the treasury

It took a whole week for Elodie to just learn how to hold a sword. :rolleyes:

Good. Worst case scenario, Elodie will at least know how food works.

Oh, my lady! I'm so sorry!

I can't say I'm surprised, but Elodie failed 5 skill checks this update. This is only a sign of what is to come.

There are multiple things to vote on. First, what should we do? Second, what mood do you want to put Elodie into (or should she stay willful)? The bonuses and penalties of the three we have seen are in the second post. Voting "whatever gets us a bonus to ..." doesn't count. You need to state an emotion. Discovery is a big part of LLTQ. Finally, what classes should she take next week?

Voting is closed

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 12, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Punish

We will be the worst tyrant! No some weak willed spineless puppet!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Lets be nice to her and apologize. She's inevitably going to die anyway, so why not have people cry over her rather than spit on her grave?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Let's apologize.

There'll be more than enough blood to be spilled once we master the Hanzo Steel! :black101:

As for training, I say we go with Swords and Reflex and, finally, let's see if we can get her angry.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 12, 2014

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Lets apologize but stay yielding. There's no need to be a dick. We should work on our Presence and Intrigue stuff.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
This impertinent maid we should punish
As our authority she tried to diminish
Also it is a matter of essence
That we imrpove our presence

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Punish, Presence x 2, become Angry

Better to be feared than loved.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 12, 2014

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Punish her. She shouldn't be running on the stairs. You could trip and fall and get summarily executed.
Remain willful
Swords and uhhhh more swords. I should take some creativity courses myself, maybe.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
We should apologise. We should also work on making Elodie more Yielding, but in the meantime, more Intrigue. Can we also get an update on her skills page?

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Punish this clumsy maid who wasn't paying attention to where she was going! Then go and work on presence and agility

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Punish Her because how dare she do her job while we're in the way :black101:

Become angry

Swords x2. Hey, I'm nothing if not consistent, and I have a feeling presence will be winning this vote anyway.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
A queen does not apologize Punish her then study presence and court manners so that we may better punish people in the future.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Apologize and I'd like to go with a mood that will help with accounting. Any ideas?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Punish. Running down the stairs blind is a horrible safety hazard, on top of inadvertantly assaulting the person of the heir. Twelve years dungeon. All of you. Dungeon. Seven years, no trials.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

How dare she touch anyone of royal blood and make us look foolish in these dangerous times. Punish her and she makes me angry and they won't like our murder queen when she is angry.

Also I warned you guy about stairsagility.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
*snip*

Apologies, I'd jumped straight to the end of the thread.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 12, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Punish the heathen, get angry, and use that energy for BIBLE STUDY! :catholic:

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

I think MegaZeroX wants the thread to find out this stuff through trial 'n' error rather than those playing revealing this. (Which is why he says not to "whatever mood gives bonus to X" when asking for votes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Taran_Wanderer posted:

We should apologise. We should also work on making Elodie more Yielding, but in the meantime, more Intrigue. Can we also get an update on her skills page?

Note that the bonuses and penalites may be different next week depending on which mood the thread decides on and whether willful will still be the strongest emotion next week.

JosephWongKS posted:

Explaining about emotion bonuses/penalties to economics

Like GrizzlyCow said, I would like for people to discover this on their own, so could you remove that? Removed, thanks

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 12, 2014

• Locked thread