Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I have already watched a full playthrough of this game, so I'll abstain from voting; I will, however, follow this thread and comment on what happens.

People that have never played this will understand just how shamefully ignorant the princess is, as Haifisch says, once she gets her first lesson and we find out what she learns from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

That snake is a wake-up call for whoever started this game thinking it would be a walk in the park: you start out in a mood that actively penalizes working on your Composure, so you're not encouraged to train it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I think we've reached the point where goons, after flocking here at the promise of dead princesses, have lost interest in politics and now just want to watch the whole thing burn.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I think it's funny that that called for a Divination check as opposed to an Intrigue check or something. Like the threat isn't that there might be assassins, but there's some kind of ill omen specifically associated with going to birthday parties. "Ah, you have turned over the Merry Clown in the upright position. That's very, very bad." But anyway screw all that, let's go to a party. :v:

I wish more tarot decks had the Merry Clown.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Maybe it would be wiser to increase Presence instead. There's like a milion test of it and we've already seen what Econoprincess gives us.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Suddenly that pamphlet about the tentacles sounds a lot less funny.

Let's try with Archery x2 and become magical Achab.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

zonohedron posted:

But a dowry is what the bride's family gives the groom's family because the bride is going to be supported by the groom, or because the bride and groom need to set up an independent household, so we don't need a dowry: we're the Queen (or at any rate, by the time we marry Talarist we will be) and do not need to have money given for our support. :psyduck:

So we're gonna get the dowry? I hope it includes money because we sorely need it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

:ssh: They exist in this world, too: They're called 'Elephants'.

I wonder just what can you do about it if you know what it is. Safari Princess anyone?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

surf rock posted:

Also, I can't believe nobody's commented on how weird the upper-level composure skill-checks are yet. That teacher is really creepy.
I was just about to say that. Some of those training sessions sound like medieval torture.

On an happier note, we seem to be finding out a lot of "secret" ways of solving problems, which seem to be extremely effective. Are those the best possible ways to solve those problems, assuming such a thing is possible in this game?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The anime, cutesy aestethic makes the horribleness really stand out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Even if her parents were pretty inattentive, I doubt that Brony is going to thank us for kicking her parents out of the country.

• Locked thread