Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
If you all are really thinking of taking the naval battle to King Anime in the far future, then I'm going to say Elodie should learn to swim. Because let's face it, we will probably need to pass a swimming check, and a high one at that, if we do it. I don't even see what other places in the game that skill would be for. We've kinda neglected going to the royal gym in the previous playthroughs.

Actually if this Elodie dies, I kinda wanna see one that prioritizes physical and martial prowess. Unstoppable viking battle princess, yargh. Sadly I doubt she could become a super buff bodybuilder unless a muscle suit is the outfit for those skills. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Yeah our Climbing is at an astounding 0, we'd probably die trying to get over a picket fence, much less maneuver around a castle.

That is a hilarious poem though, Elodie shouldn't give no fucks about stupid rumors about her. Our princess is a badass military mahou shojo. Also we're engaged already, let's not marry some silly kid. Send him to uncle or something.

As for classes, hm. I still say we should swim, swim, and swim as we seem intent on facing King Anime at sea - a 100 Swimming skill check to survive seems in our future on that front.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
You know, maybe we aren't getting attacked because we're badass super warrior princess and everybody thinks they'll die an awful and torturous death if they even think about attacking us. Like, we're probably infamous for our super awesome magic defense, it could be that the people think we can read their MINDS

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Sword his rear end, if we fail, well, that's what our magic is for.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I'd already said that if swords failed us, death rays won't!

(i get kind of the impression that death magic will also bone us in some way later on but then, don't attend the tournament :v:)

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...actually let us follow the hedron, because that would be kind of amusing if that was how it was. Unless we could get, like, killed for not being good enough at falconry.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Swim, and also swim. Lead the fleet dammit! And do not hire more soldiers, because our treasury is in danger of running out maybe and that would be a Bad Thing.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Or maybe Elodie's just surprised that a king would lead an invasion with himself as the head - and hasn't learned enough about Shanjia to know that such is tradition for their rulers, or that their kings have to prove themselves in combat before their own coronation.

...on that note, now I'm wondering if there's a Marry Togami option because that would be the best.

Also, in case I forgot to vote, Conventional warfare. Let us not have tanked our economy for nothing.

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 7, 2014

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Let us take the Madoka option because as a magical girl in this day and age, we're basically obligated to sacrifice our lives for something like a giant squid.

Or...or maybe

...we can communicate with it if we see it. After all we're a super powerful Lumen, and the kraken is obviously magical in nature, so...Either way, I'm intrigued as to the actual nature of the kraken.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Clearly, at some point, we must make the most hella yuri playthrough that we can, however that works.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Well we should also be supporting our Lumen Rangers in their endeavors to find love, if possible. Clearly magical powers and lesbianism are entwined in Nova, thusly we must spread the Lumen potential to as many as possible.

so like we definitely wouldn't be having what's-her-face blond lady marrying that Ixion guy like it was in this current playthrough, for example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

zonohedron posted:

As far as I know there is only one skill with only one use. (On the other side of the spectrum, there is no skill that every Elodie who survives to her coronation has.)

Is it Running because it would be hilarious if it was. All three of those seem to be the 'you will only use these like once but they goddamn better be at 100' and thus far I haven't even seen much of a potential place where it could be used. The spooky haunted castle place is where one might be but I'm definitely not sure.

I wonder how useful a Super Athletics Elodie would be, though.

• Locked thread